PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Monk Shi Yan Feng Website

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone
Master Shi Yan Feng School shaolin kung fu school... Shaolin Jing Wu Yuan finnaly has their website online
yes i finnaly finished it after how long?..lolz..but there was other reason..not cause i was lazy..a lot of ppl volunteer to do it..but never went thru with it..so i said forget them..i ama do it and no one else..so here it is!
i just need to upload some more pictures and it be done
i hope everyone enjoy
check back for updates..as videos will be posted in the near feature also
thank you
Pk

www.shaolin-jingwu.com

oasis
04-10-2005, 11:48 AM
cool deal. just two things: fix the picture page so you can see the thumbnail pictures, as i'm only able to see the top half of the thumbnails and not able to expand the page; and you have a typo on one of the pages describing yan feng as a 32nd generation while the homepage says 34th.

let us now when videos are posted, as it's always fun to watch other shaolin practitioners ;)

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 12:13 PM
thanks

are u not able to scroll down on the thumbnails to see all of the thumbnail??
or is it u just dont like the idea of scroling down?
kind of unclear of what you are trying to tell me

thanks for telling me the typo
keep the suggestion coming.

NorthernShaolin
04-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Yes we are are unable to scroll down on the thumbnails to see all of the thumbnail.

oasis
04-10-2005, 12:39 PM
actually, i just realized that i am able to see the pictures if i use the cursor to scroll down, but it is quite annoying to have to do that. i would suggest that you perhaps minimize the central picture a little so that at least the first row of thumbnails are visible.

but i'd personally rather just a separate page of thumbnails so that u can see several rows of them at one time (ie maybe move the big picture somewhere else or make it a thumbnail as well

X-Warrior
04-10-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks

are u not able to scroll down on the thumbnails to see all of the thumbnail??
or is it u just dont like the idea of scroling down?
kind of unclear of what you are trying to tell me

thanks for telling me the typo
keep the suggestion coming.

Did you test your website in Netscape and IE? In Netscape I'm also only getting the top half of the frames. You should check your site in several browsers and make the corrections. If you need help, e-mail me private, I'm a pro web designer ;). I test every site I design in the five most popular browsers and on both Windows and Macs.

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 02:15 PM
okie thank you
no i didnt test the website in different broswers or window size setting
i forgot to take into account that people have their monitor set at different display setting..i will reedit it later
after i look at the website on other people computer and broswers to see how it looks
thanks guys
really appreciate the feedback

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
i see wut is wrong is now
thanks for telling me guys i really appreciate it
i will fix them this week later

anyone have any other suggestion as what they would like to see on the website?beside more pictures and videos?
any other contents?

Jhapa
04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
and it's in houston, tx again.

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 07:34 PM
um...just fyi
shi yan feng has been in houston for quite sometime already
for like 2-3 years?i dont know..im to lz to actually think exactlly how long

oasis
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
man, pk, i know u've commented on this before, but with the way you type i dont get how you're designing a website! :confused:

;)

Pk_StyLeZ
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
because
this is a forum
no need to try to be professional
=)

but as designin the website
i did not type any of that up(the biography)..the onyl thing i really type is the news page...since i update it.....
and as for designin the page..it doesnt take grammar skills to know html code..=) or how to resize pictures and etc..lolz so ya

Jhapa
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
he is only about 18 years old. man he's young. man i feel old. :D

Shaolinlueb
04-12-2005, 08:11 AM
yo pk, the pictures at the competition page dont work.

Pk_StyLeZ
04-12-2005, 02:01 PM
yo...it under construction..i get it up dis week or next week..m bz wit school..i got tosn of more pictures to add....
but doesnt it say under construction in the competition website????

and ya i ama add ur videos of the li peng competition to my website also
but i wont host it off ur server..i got my own server aite..thanks buddy

did u go to berekely?

Shaolinlueb
04-13-2005, 08:55 AM
nah i didnt go to berkley, i had soem things that came up that cost me my berkley money. no it didnt say under construction. and dude its about time you go this up :p you were telling me about it last year,. ;) :D all good though. yeah man take the vid's. :D i have some more but these are probably the best.

Pk_StyLeZ
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
are u sure it dont say under construction?
cause right when you click competition links page..
under the banner competitions..it says under construction..please come back..then tehre 2 links to click on
am i the only one seeing this??lolz

Shaolinlueb
04-13-2005, 10:47 AM
it does say that for me. but when you click dallas or new jersey man, all those pictures are broken. ;)

Pk_StyLeZ
04-13-2005, 04:50 PM
pictures are broken..
dat why it says underconstructions!!!!!!!!!!..lolz

Shaolinlueb
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
dude dont leave broken picture links live...............

Pk_StyLeZ
05-15-2005, 11:14 AM
hey everyone i changed the format of the picture gallery
please me giv your new opinion about it?
i personally think it is a lot better since you can actually see the whole thumbnail better
now since school is out
i have more time to work on the website
i will upload more pictures with in the next 2 weeks
i will keep you guys updated

and adam..the dead links still live..=)

:edit: updated 04 new jersey pics
04 taiji legacy pics are in process of being made

Pk_StyLeZ
06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
hello i finnaly got around and found sometime to upload some more pictures to our shaolin website. (shi yan feng) (houston texas)
i was to lz to look for my old thread and bump it up, but if it is neccesary then Gene go ahead and merge it =)
but yeah i uploaded more pictures of the students.
www.shaolin-jingwu.com
and click on picture gallery
and then students
and tell me what you guys think
more to come later....when i get around to it......

Songshan
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Heh saw a few familiar faces in some of those pics. Anyway, not bad at all. It's been a few years since I have also seen Shi Yan Feng, he's all grown up now! I remember when he was on the tour.....:D

Pk_StyLeZ
06-19-2006, 10:52 PM
hm i dont think i ever learned your real name songshan
who are you??
=)

Songshan
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
My name is Adam. The time I remember you was your first day when you came to Shi Deshan/Shi Xing Hao's school on Harwin (when they were together). I remember also meeting your dad (he was with you) and I think Deshan made you bust out a form like on your first day since you came from another martial arts school! At any rate, I saw you a few times after that before the split. I left with SXH. This was the time when there was only a few non chinese students. Most of the students were chinese. I was one of the non chinese students, lol. Anyways, if you saw me I think you would remember me. :)

Pk_StyLeZ
06-20-2006, 07:29 AM
ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!
of course i rem u!!!!!
u helped me a lot on my first few days there =D
nice to hear from you again buddy.
i was chinese..but i wast mandarine..so i was lost and didnt know what to do
and they had broken english(not to be offensive) which i couldnt understand, and ADAM helped me understand and told me what to do =)

GeneChing
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I wasn't planning to do so, but then I stumbled across this thread strictly by accident. So I did. :cool:

Songshan
06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!
of course i rem u!!!!!
u helped me a lot on my first few days there =D
nice to hear from you again buddy.
i was chinese..but i wast mandarine..so i was lost and didnt know what to do
and they had broken english(not to be offensive) which i couldnt understand, and ADAM helped me understand and told me what to do =)

Yep!!! That's me!! :D

Pk_StyLeZ
07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
UPDATED AGAIN WITH 2 NEW VIDEO (files are kind of big, so wait please)
well i would have more videos, but my server is out of space. trying to contact my server guy to hook me up with some more storage space.....
stay tuned.

*go to videos and scroll to the bottom for the kung fu performance on may 6,06. only part one works right now. ok part 2 works too now, didnt know i had the extra space after deleting some junk on the server*

www.shaolin-jingwu.com

Banjos_dad
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
good stuff Pk_StyLeZ. good videos to watch. i like the one with the little boy doing Tong Bei quan. i bet you all are pretty happy studying there

Pk_StyLeZ
07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
good stuff Pk_StyLeZ. good videos to watch. i like the one with the little boy doing Tong Bei quan. i bet you all are pretty happy studying there

thanks for the comment =)