PDA

View Full Version : KY Grappling

ricksitterly
04-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I was thinking about the effectiveness of KY jelly in self defense (I had some handy because of dry skin). If you were to always keep a good layer of this stuff over your arms and neck, that would render many grappling techniques useless, and you could easily escape harm from a grappler. You may think this is a joke, but think of how dangerous this could be if guys started fighting in the UFC covered in KY. I may have just found the fatal flaw of jiu jitsu. Something tells me that the striking arts may soon begin dominating once again...

joedoe
04-11-2005, 12:06 AM
1.1 - since you don't always need a good grip to effect a locking technique

jon
04-11-2005, 12:30 AM
What an awesome idea.

Never mind just learning some basic grappling skills, just cover yourself in KY jelly and live happily ever after :cool:

Maybe if you just stay at home under the sheets with the lights off no one will ever bother you at all?

PS I think Joedoe was being to harsh personaly, ill give you a 7.4 at least it provided comic relief.

Mr Punch
04-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Should this be on the what's wrong with Red5 thread...? I mean, just ask his mom if you wanna know about KY wrasslin :eek:

Actually, I was watching Fedor pound Tsuyoshi's face into a pulp yesterday, and I did notice that Tsuyoshi (who's no slouch in case you don't know) couldn't get a hold on him through the whole fight because of Fedor's copious sweating.

Incidentally, if you use a lot of KY, striking shouldn't hurt so much either, as a lot of the blows that don't connect so well should positively fly off...! :rolleyes:

red5angel
04-11-2005, 07:06 AM
there's a what's wrong with red5 thread?! Awesome!!!! I think I vaguely recall Fu Pow or one of my other fans started it.