PDA

View Full Version : I would like to Apologize to everyone here

The Willow Sword
04-12-2005, 08:27 AM
I would sincerely like to apologize to all the people that i have offended here regarding the "Woman Killed in Boxing match" Thread.

It was not my wish nor my intention to upset or offend anyone by my comments. In trying to explain myself in a way that i thought would put it out of peoples minds that i was or am "sexist" i kept putting myself in a deeper hole and as a result getting wrapped up in the insults and attacks thrown at me.

for this i Truly apologize to all of you,,especially to Ming yue and becca and Red5 and fatherdog and Merry Prankster.

I should have stated at the very beginning of the thread that i feel this way about Men in these boxing matches and Ufc and reality fighting events(as some here will remember that i do not like those kinds of tournaments for i feel they are a waste of energy and time).

i have been around and even helped to train at one time,women who have suffered sexual and physical abuse at the hands of their boyfriends,ex-husbands,and parents. And because i come from an abused child background i find it difficult to watch people willingly get themselves in to brutal situations where they are being hurt in the manner of these boxing matches and in the reality style combat arenas. i have always felt that Martial arts was for survival and to use as a last resort,,yes we train and spar and go through countless patterns of trial and error when perfecting self defense techniques and we get hurt in the process(this is a reality that i accept in the school,kwoon,dojo setting)

I have been talking to several friends of mine,,both female and male about this thread and i have been getting objective and also harsh opinions based on the things i have written,,,,and i had to sit back and re-look at my initial postings and see where it is that i failed in my attempts to put forth my points.
again for this i apologize,,,i feel bad about this. it is bad enough that i am coming from a martial background that few here respect but i do not want to put forth the notion that i am this raging sexist male chauvanist,,,for i truly am not,,,,i just put it forth that way not realizing that it would be interpreted this way.

i am not perfect and i dont profess to know it all,,,i have my opinions as do we all.
but i accept the responsability for my insensitive comments and i hope that i will be forgiven for them.

Peace,,,TWS

Merryprankster
04-12-2005, 08:38 AM
TWS,

I respect your motives in apologizing, but the problem that I had w/respect to your comments on women was fundamental, not a communication issue. I believe it makes a category error that discriminates against women and robs their choices of legitimacy.

I do understand that you don't like sportive combat - but to me, this is a separate issue from what I thought you were saying.

I could have been wrong, however, in what I was reading. If you agree that a woman choosing to box is NO WORSE than a man choosing to box, then I don't have any beef with your position (beyond the usual ones).

red5angel
04-12-2005, 08:48 AM
for the most part what MP said. Are you saying TWS that you're feelings are the same whether it's a man or a women?

Ming Yue
04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I appreciate your post, TWS.

From where I sit, you see women as ideal when they fit into a certain, more traditional mold of femininity.

How I think you might consider changing that viewpoint is to see women who choose to do non-traditional activities as people who are challenging stereotypes. Not every woman has to be pleasing to your opinion of what is ladylike. You should learn to respect and admire them anyway.

It's hard to look beyond gender, but try to see the person who is challenging herself, despite the opinions (like yours, originally) that would hold them back and keep them from reaching thier goals.

:)

-Cynthia

red5angel
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd go even ****her then Ming and say you can be lady like and still strong. My family is full of strong women who are not as fragile as they at first might appear to be.

Chief Fox
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I would sincerely like to apologize...

Dude, you don't have to apologize, this is the internet. And everyone knows you can't believe anything you read on the internet. :D

red5angel
04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
you can't ?! :eek:

Chief Fox
04-12-2005, 02:57 PM
you can't ?! :eek:

I can't speak for everyone but you sure as he!! can't belive anything I say. :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
i accept your appology.

David Jamieson
04-13-2005, 06:43 AM
hey man, many people get stuck in that box.

even women!

red5angel
04-13-2005, 06:43 AM
I get stuck in women's boxes all the time.

David Jamieson
04-13-2005, 06:50 AM
now who's the sexist cretin. lol

Madames et Monsieurs, Cest Un Cinq Rouge! *clapping, whistling*

red5angel
04-13-2005, 07:06 AM
now who's the sexy cretin. lol

why I am! Thank you kung lek!

David Jamieson
04-13-2005, 07:42 AM
well... you are good at redaction it seems.

And if you were so sexy, why is your wife doing Merry at the Bellagio? :p

red5angel
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
you got that all wrong. It's was ME doing Merry's wife in the behind. I think bellagio is italian for behind.

David Jamieson
04-13-2005, 08:46 AM
I thought italian for behind was 'innuendo'.

yuk yuk

Becca
04-13-2005, 10:32 PM
'S ok TWS. I understand, and understood where you were comming from. But keep in mind, haveing someone you should be able to trust physically or mentally violate you is totally different than try to test yourself against people who you know full well are going to knock your block off is totally different. I am one of those others you mentioned. Sparring full contact actually has helped me recover some of my self-confidence. I still wake up at night wondering if that noise is him, but now I know for a fact I can take him if it is. :cool:

BibitClerus
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
one night "planet caravan" played on my headphones
i clicked a link, to see what it was about
watched it on mute still listening to the music

:(
http://my.so-net.net.tw/sirwang/fur.wmv