PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Training Videos

alpha03
04-15-2000, 12:52 PM
Has any seen or viewed the Randy Williams tapes or any other training tapes and which do you feel are most informative?

------------------
-A fighter with no foundation is an inefficient fighter

Paul Skrypichayko
04-15-2000, 01:13 PM
I would highly recommend against video tapes. In my opinion, it would be more value to you to learn from a mediocre master, than to learn from a good videotape (if there is such a thing).

Sihing73
04-15-2000, 03:24 PM
While trying to learn from a Video is difficult at best it can still be better than nothing. It is always better to learn from someone directly. There are many subtleties which a video will be unable to explain as well as no correction.

Having said that; I would recceommend the videos put out by Sifu Chung Kwok Chow in New York. He goes into greater detail than any others I have seen so far. I have not seen Randy Williams videos. Sifu Chow breaks down the forms point by point and even goes so far as explaining the energy involved in each movement.

Peace,

Dave

Mega_Fist
09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I also haven't seen these videos. My mate Andy (Judo Granmaster) showed me a really cool video film by Joseph Kuo called "Dragon's Claws". I'd reccomend that you watch it if you want as it shows dragon style and also lots of chi sau.

"Judo for the soul. Wing Chun for the spirit. Nijitsu for the powerful"