PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu in sports

SPJ
04-15-2005, 07:46 AM
It is a tax crunching time for many.

Last Sunday, My friends asked me to play tennis with them. I said I had to do my tax.

I haven't played tennis a while. I will be defeated for sure.

I practice throwing arms or Shuai Bei Gong for 25 min every day. Actually, there are also loosening finger, wrist, elbow, waist joints practices, too.

These are warming up drills for Tong Bei Quan or extended back boxing.

Yes. I cheated in Tennis.

I use Tong Bei to serve the ball. Af first, they can not see the ball coming. I slow a bit. The ball is too strong to catch or stop.

The only Jing I use is Deng Ta on the toes and then heel of the feet. I lean my whole body back 15 to 25 degree. My whole body relay the Jing from feet all the way to the racket. I do not feel anything else except the Deng and Ta Jing on the feet relative to the ground.

This is how to release of the Jing or Fa Jing in Tong Bei.

I guess that practicing loosening up all the body and joints does produce stronger and faster Jing or power.

You may consider this bragging or trolling.

But anyway,

Does any one use the practice of Kung Fu to improve his or her sports?

I guess if the federation of tennis knows about this, Tong Bei will be banned in Tennis?

This is a fun thread. Nothing serious.

:D

red5angel
04-15-2005, 07:53 AM
capoeira is my sport.

although wingchun helped me out with a good stiff arm in football ;)

Hakaisha
04-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Heehee. Has anyone ever seen the movie 'Shaolin Soccer'? I'm not really into sports, but if they were more like that movie I'd be alot more interested in watching them. I've found that the footwork in Kung Fu helps my soccer game, but not by much. Then again, I really don't play soccer all that often either.

SPJ
04-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Like the movie, too.

The steroid pumped team was beaten by Tai Ji and Shaolin great power King Kong tornado kick.

Some may use Tai Ji in Ping Pong.

shaolinsoccer
04-16-2005, 08:06 AM
It sure helps me as a massage therapist. The strength & joint loosing exercises, also the YiJinJing we do helps.

Becca
04-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Like the movie, too.

The steroid pumped team was beaten by Tai Ji and Shaolin great power King Kong tornado kick.

Some may use Tai Ji in Ping Pong.

I was wondering why Sifu is so hard to beat at ping-pong... :eek: :p