PDA

View Full Version : mantis-theory...

tanglang
04-15-2005, 11:03 AM
What about another thread concerning mantis-theory? We have the eight hards, methods of attacking, what about the six harmonies for example- how would you define them-wonder if there might be differences between the lineages also?
warm regards
Silke

tanglang
04-16-2005, 09:13 AM
I ask because I noticed that there seem to be differences between the lineages concerning to this technique. If I got it right some of the WHF-people turn there hips more so that the shoulder of the ( lets take the right-) punching arm comes more in front than the left shoulder. Others keep both shoulders in one line. No question of right or wrong, but differntly ranged into the theory of six harmonies or am I wrong ?
Correction appreciated ....

Three Harmonies
04-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Silke
I am not sure I understand your question. The harmonies are universal. I am not so sure there can be certain "interpretations" when it comes to them. If you cross your arm across your body you will disrupt your harmony, thusly knocking yourself off balance.

Jake :)

Blacktiger
04-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah there is no interpretation....If you are seeing the shoulder come out more than usual with the six harmonies stuff thats because of the waist movement which works togeather with the shoulder and pushes forward..
All the power is generated from the Dan Tien or waist... Its all waist - connected to the other externals of course but thats where it starts.

EXTERNAL
Foot corresponds to Hand
Elbow corresponds to Knee
Shoulder corresponds to Hip

INTERNAL
Mind leads Intent
Intent leads Blood
Blood leads Chi

:)

tanglang
04-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Yes. If you see it like this both ways of doing this technique are within the six harmonies. Ok guys, you convinced me... :)

Pilot
04-30-2005, 12:23 PM
The waist, when speaking of developing power, is important but it’s only a part of the team so to speak. Power comes from the ground up or from your weight down. There are other forms of developing power and understanding movement, but these are basic. In another word the waist gathers and channels the force as does the rest of your body when working in harmony. :cool: