PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the Feet

Glimmer
04-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi guys - an of older relative of mine has problems with their feet and if anyone can advise or help out, that would be pretty **** sweet. :)

Ok, she gets a kinda cramp in her left foot on her big toe and the other toe next to it. I think it is quite infrequent i.e. once a week or so but its apparently very painful. Any suggestions as to any meridan points that might help? I know the little toe is ST45, so this has been wondering whether it might be a stomach related problem...but that is a shot in the dark as I'm no expert!

Cheers.

Pakmei
04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Actually ST45 is the nail point on the second toe. But ur correct that it is on the stomach meridian. The point on the little toe is BL67 and 66 and the toe in between the middle toe and the little toe is the Gall Bladder channel GB44 and 43.

However, it most likely isn't stomach related. Cramps are usually due to blood deficiency. So it is mostly likely a small case of Qi Xu and a little bit of Blood Xu at the distal part of the foot, therefore creating some stagnation.

Does she have arthritis? Is there history of Gout in the family?
Gout affects one of the the big toe's only usually, and one way of possibly telling if it's gout is that the joint of the big toe swells up and becomes immobile and extremely painful?

Needling the webs between the toes, is usually the best answer for this.
Also Tai Chong Liv 3, to promote the free flow of qi and blood and Nei Ting ST44, which is the water point on the Stomach channel to bring circulation to the joint. Tai Bai Sp3, is also be good as its the source point for the Spleen channel therefore rules over the post heaven blood production.

Alternatively, using a moxa stick over the area would help, as moxa is used to invigorate qi and move blood.

Regards

Glimmer
04-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi Pakmei,

Good stuff & thanks for the information. No gout or arthiritis, as far as I'm aware although i'll double check this and point out the relevent points for when she next has a session of acupuncture.

Ta.