PDA

View Full Version : Triumph the Insult Comic Dog makes fun of Star Wars nerds

IronFist
04-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha

Here (http://www.milkandcookies.com/article/924/). Click on the picture of Triumph to start the video.

The Willow Sword
04-16-2005, 04:01 PM
yeah that is a classic Triumph skit. my fav is when Triumph goes to the bon jovi concert(that one is even funnier).

hahaha i loved it when they brought out the Trekkie to shoot thew finger at all the Star wars geeks. I miss star trek,,i miss captian kirk :(

(sniff) Peace,,,TWS

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
here in wheeling they used to have a star trek marathon every saturday night from 12 to 4 am on one of our local channels. if i remember right it was an original, a next gen, an original, a next gen. and when they cycled through all the originals it would go to 4 next gens until they cycled through all of those. me and my dad watched it without fail until he died and then suzi actually started watching them with me until they stopped doing it.

IronFist
04-16-2005, 11:49 PM
^ Cool! Did you watch them until 4am or did you tape them and watch them later?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-17-2005, 12:28 AM
we stayed up. my dad was as bad as i am with the stayin up all night.

FuXnDajenariht
04-17-2005, 02:47 PM
ive said it once and ill say it again.

star trek owns star wars :p

IronFist
04-17-2005, 04:11 PM

Yes, but only The Next Generation.

Altho I'm liking Star Wars more and more as time goes on. But I grew up watching TNG.

MasterKiller
04-17-2005, 05:18 PM

Star Wars = modern myth

Star Trek = sci-fi masturbation

David Jamieson
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Star Wars = modern myth

star wars is an old myth dressed up in new clothes. not modern at all, merely a recollection of that which is older than the memory of those alive now. rife with cultural reference, mythological lore from many a heritage and essentially a telling of the same hero myth carried over time for as long as stories have been told.

It's Parsifal, It's King Arthur, It's robin hood, it's all that and more.

But hardly modern, except in the format of telling it.

oh, and star trek was at the very least in many ways original. It was Gene R's view of the UN in space basically. Galactic Hegemony and what have you.

Still...Jules Verne pwns them all as far as the originality thing goes. He was the giant upon who's shoulders the rest stood.

FuXnDajenariht
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
oh and star wars 1 and 2 wasn't?

it doesn't help when the myths you plagarize were better.

100's maybe 1000's of episodes of a long running always interesting show versus 3 decent movies from the 70s and 80s and 2 pieces of uninspired cgi driven....fill in the blank

FuXnDajenariht
04-17-2005, 07:38 PM
i might add

:p m'eh

Becca
04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
oh and star wars 1 and 2 wasn't?

it doesn't help when the myths you plagarize were better.

100's maybe 1000's of episodes of a long running always interesting show versus 3 decent movies from the 70s and 80s and 2 pieces of uninspired cgi driven....fill in the blank
Don't know if it's 1000's even if you count all the varios off-shoots. But you have a point, sort of. I still prefer the Star Wars books over the Star Trek, but nothing entertains better that a Trekki marathon when one is off work sick. The chances are good that I will see something I haven't seen in years, and every once in a blue moon, I get to see an ep that I've never seen at all.

Vash
04-18-2005, 03:06 AM
When speaking of modern mythology, one must be careful not to overlook Jerry Siegel's and Joe Shuster's Superman and Bob Kane's Batman. Two very archetypal characters, yes, but also with modern faces and inventive slants.

*coughSupermanReturns'06trailerduringBatmanBeginsc ough*

MasterKiller
04-18-2005, 06:28 AM
star wars is an old myth dressed up in new clothes. not modern at all, merely a recollection of that which is older than the memory of those alive now. rife with cultural reference, mythological lore from many a heritage and essentially a telling of the same hero myth carried over time for as long as stories have been told.

It's Parsifal, It's King Arthur, It's robin hood, it's all that and more.

But hardly modern, except in the format of telling it.

So what's your point? All archetypical myths are similar. King Arthur is Beowulf is Gilgamesh is Star Wars. That's what makes them archetypes, you dunder-head. :p

oh, and star trek was at the very least in many ways original. It was Gene R's view of the UN in space basically. Galactic Hegemony and what have you. And Star Wars brought Zen to a gaggle of snotty-nosed American brats.

FuXnDajenariht
04-18-2005, 09:10 AM
only the bits that can be put into neat hollywood package and doesn't cause the dungeons and dragons groupies to think too hard. i can understand that indecipherable koans, hours of meditation and self investigation, and "preachy baggage" about impermanence and enlightenment ......blah blah blah snoooze.... aren't movie friendly plot ideas, but then again zen is not about attaining kewl asskicking powers...

Shaolinlueb
04-18-2005, 11:07 AM
last time see female genitalia. lmao true true.

MasterKiller
04-22-2005, 09:14 AM
USA Today article on the appeal of Vader....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-04-21-darth-vader_x.htm