PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best Wing Chun Videos?

gungfuman
05-23-2000, 01:55 PM
Where are the best wing chun videos? Are Leung Ting's videos good?

Sihing73
05-23-2000, 03:25 PM
Having studied under Ting I would not reccommend his videos. But, that is just my opinion.

I would reccommend two video series which I have actually seen. The first is those put out by Sifu Chung Kwok Chow in New York City. Sifu Chow goes into detail about each of the forms and or techniques he demonstrates. He breaks down the forms and goes over them point by point. He even explains the direction of force for each movement. Though not as good as training in person his offer, IMO, one of the best products on the market.

The other series are those put out by Sifu Augustin Fong in Arizona. Sifu Fong also demonstrates all of the forms and gives some applications and drills for each.

Peace,

Dave

05-23-2000, 07:06 PM
The guys in my class rave about Augustine Fong's videos. I cannot offer an opinion, because the guys in my class are VIDEO TAPE HOGS who don't pass tapes along to the next guy in line in a TIMELY FASHION!!!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
Peace.
Reverend Tim

Iron Spirit
05-23-2000, 07:30 PM
Fongs are great cant go wrong with them

FUJIYakumo
05-24-2000, 08:17 AM
rick spain has a good wooden dummy video out

------------------

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
05-25-2000, 02:39 AM
Well, I have to take this opportunity to plug my sifu's tapes, which are fantastic. You can get them at www.authentickungfu.com (http://www.authentickungfu.com) under the wing chun section. They rule!
Thanks!
Sandman[Wing Chun]

flavour54
05-28-2000, 05:31 PM
Rick Spain also has a good Chi Sao video

------------------
"take the pebble from my hand"

word
05-29-2000, 01:01 AM
Fong uses too much power in his wing chun. He should be more relaxed.

Sihing73
05-29-2000, 05:49 AM
HI Word,

Out of curiousity on what are you basing your stement of Fongs power? Have you ever met the man or are you basing this on just your observations of his videos? My reason for asking is that Sifu Augustine Fong is one of the most respected Wing Chun instructors in this country. I was wondering if everyone else has missed the boat and on what you based your opinion. Wing Chun is a highly personal art and some may be more inclined to use power than others. However, I think that one should have a foundation on which to base ones assumptions.

BTW, I am not of Sifu Fongs lineage although that is where I got my start. I will say that power was not one of the things emphasized in our training. What was your lineage again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Peace,

Dave