PDA

View Full Version : Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun

Ben Gash
06-12-2000, 09:14 PM
Anyone seen it? Anyone done it? Is it cool? Is it not?
It's the one with ten hand forms and various weapon forms (Including Gim, Quan dao, Tiger fork and chain whip).

Highlander
06-12-2000, 09:24 PM
How did you hear of this style? Have you read something about it? I would be interested in what you learn.

Ben Gash
06-13-2000, 02:29 PM
There's a section on it in "Complete Wing Chun" by Chu and Ritchie, and people mention it in passing in WC articles every now and again. I know they teach it at the Hong Kong Chin Woo.
Their Siu Lim Tao starts the same as everyone elses, but where everyone else stops, they start doing some footwork as well.

flavour54
06-13-2000, 05:40 PM
Sounds pretty interesting
I have "Complete Wing Chun" with me.
heres some excerpts
CONCEPTS AND PRINCIPLES
Pao Fa Lien Wing Chunuses the tao(spit), tun(swallow), fao(rise), and chum(sink) body structure. The art is embodied in the eight principles of tui(push), mo(touch), tong(press), dong(swing), chi(stick), na(adhere), lien(continue), and jui(follow). The first 4 deal with contacting and redirecting the opponents limb and body. The last 4 cover the establishment and maintenance of such contact.

CONCLUSION

Although Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun has always been a closely guarded style, taught only to a handful of dedicated practitioners, in the last few decades it hjas begun to step into the light and show itself to the world. Through Mok Poi-On's articles and seminars, it was introduced to readers and attendees around the world, and hopefully will remain strong and available for generations to come.
----------------

It also sais in the book that thier chi sao is different and resembles tui sao(push hands) of taijiquan.

Sounds interesting anyone here know more about it.

------------------
"take the pebble from my hand"

[This message has been edited by flavour54 (edited 06-14-2000).]