PDA

View Full Version : judo kai

TRIBALHEADHUNTR
04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Just wanna know what you all think about judo kai? I seen an exhibition of it...this is the style where the practitioners can recieve lethal blows to the neck, crotch area and other vital areas and not be affected...is this real? or just stupid?

really want to know. :confused:

Starchaser107
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, here's my view.
It's one thing to be conditioned enough to take such damage. That's good. But knowing and expecting that a strike is coming is different from being attacked in realtime. That being said I cannot say how effective Juko Kai is , I've only seen it on tv and on the internet and never practiced it or crossed hands with a Juko Kai player.
Thier emphasis seems to be on conditioning vital body parts and not on fighting back either aggressively or defensively...just learning how to take a hit, I find this a bit strange...so it's not for my tastes, but if you find it interesting then go for it.

Kristoffer
04-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Yeah they can take hits but I've only seen them take hits when they are prepared for it. There's a difference between knowing you're gonna get hit and eating a surprise attack with full force behind. (As in - sparring)

There's some threads on the main forum about them.

TonyM.
04-22-2005, 07:32 AM
They're total BS. Save you're money. People here will kick you in the nads for free. Actually what these charletans do is kick with the top of the foot to the taint. Looks good. Total BS.

Stranger
04-23-2005, 05:37 AM
There is a vidoe somewhere on this forum of Genki Sudo throwing full powered shots at a Juko-kai practitioner.

TonyM.
04-23-2005, 07:42 AM
There's a video of copperfield disappearing an airplane as well. BS is BS.

Stranger
04-23-2005, 08:36 AM
I was just telling the guy about the video.

Kristoffer
04-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Genki didn't kick like that

Mikkyou
04-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Isn't the Judo Kai where the women took a hit and got knocked out...
and they make those hissing sounds...ah so many fakes out there I wish I could be one and make tons of money by kicking people in their nads :D