PDA

View Full Version : who pushes in nyc?

wiz cool c
04-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Does anybody do push hands in nyc. I work at a gym in Battery park and have a room to use for pushing. I do fixed and ristricted step as well as moving push hands. I am a competitive player but try to use technique and Tai chi principles instead of brut strenght.

Ray Pina
04-20-2005, 07:36 AM
I do. I do.

Also, a few heads are getting together on May 8th again at Fight House if you're interested.

As far as Taiji principles, there's yin and yang. There's a place for brute strenght ... stone vs. egg is not against.

wiz cool c
04-20-2005, 07:58 AM
If you want to we can train at my gym and if you know anyone else who want to train as well. Want your schedule like.

Ray Pina
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Kind of hectic actually and my teacher has moved the school out of NYC so I don't see myself coming in strictly to push hands. But if you can organize a push hands/spar session with some guys I'll make it.

Also, feel free to invite anyone you want on May 8th.

wiz cool c
04-21-2005, 05:07 AM
Kind of hectic actually and my teacher has moved the school out of NYC so I don't see myself coming in strictly to push hands. But if you can organize a push hands/spar session with some guys I'll make it.

The thing is I dont wont to spend any more money then I am now on training. I will try to get some people together at my gym. Anyone else out there in NYC that push?

Ray Pina
04-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I can certainly understand that. If you can get some guys together let me know; I'll be down.

As for May 8th, it's $10 a head but you can push, spar, roll.

old begger
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Where is fight house

Elliott_Hall
04-21-2005, 07:33 PM
There is also this push-hands group forming up:

http://www.rhand.us/push/index.html

wiz cool c
04-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Elliot is this your group if not who is in charge. I live in Jersey City so this is exciting to me.Thanks for the info.

Ray Pina
04-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Where is fight house

122 West 27st, 2nd floor. It's walking distance from Penn Station.

Ray Pina
04-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Elliot is this your group if not who is in charge. I live in Jersey City so this is exciting to me.Thanks for the info.

I commutted to Jersey City for college ... Saint Peters alumni. :)

By the way, you can take the PATH to Penn. Station and walk like 5 blocks to Fight House.

Elliott_Hall
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM

Robert Hand is organizing it. Just email the contact point on the webpage. There are no dates set yet because he is still gathering people.

John2004
04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi Ray,

I was thinking about checking out your school sometime ... is the school
no longer in Chinatown? what area has the school moved to?

Ray Pina
04-25-2005, 07:22 AM
My master is in the final stages of having a school built on his premises .... it looks cool. Should be complete by next week. He's located in Queens, two blocks from the Suphin Ave. stop.