PDA

View Full Version : Weird observation about the New Pope

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok, is it just me, or does he kinda look like the Evil Emperor from Star Wars?

PangQuan
04-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I saw his pic on the front page of the local paper. And I said the same thing to my co-worker.

He is probably just tired. and old.

ZIM
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Nope. Joe Pesci. (http://www.markus.rausch-familie.de/kardinaele/Joseph%20Ratzinger.jpg)

Which means he'll keep the bishops in line by taking a baseball bat to their knees while screaming "sh** kickin', stinky, horse-manure smellin' motherf*****s"!!

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
LOL!!!!!!!! :D

Just banged my head on the desk as I fell out of my Chair!!

red5angel
04-20-2005, 12:20 PM
The guy is seventy something. For the love of god when are you catholics going to learn to get someone in there who isn't knocking on death's door?

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 12:21 PM
That is the Catholic version of "Term Limits"

wdl
04-20-2005, 12:22 PM
The guy is seventy something. For the love of god when are you catholics going to learn to get someone in there who isn't knocking on death's door?

They tried that with John Paul II you know. It "backfired" they had a popular pope that lasted what 25 years? Go figure, now they don't want a young pope.

-Will

PangQuan
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM

there is a church political reason for this.

He is gonna be in there for a max of 10 years. John paul was second longes pope at 26.4 longest being 30 or so.

But the reason i see is this. Everyone knows he will die soon. It gives the young cardinals the opportunity to work their way up the political ladder of the catholic church, thus maintaining a position of good standing to have a shot at the title.

no young people are in the proper position to get the spot now.

Plus the new pope worked hand in hand with the old pope, kinda like his right hand man.

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Is Joe Pesci, the Evil Emperor from Star Wars, and the Pope all one person??

Ever see them together?? Well, Did yah??

red5angel
04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
so let me get this straight. In a religion that states emphatically no idolatry, and encourages a kind, gentle, caring attitude - in theory - it's important to vote the guy into the top position of pope, who will die the soonest?

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes, so if in case he's the Anti Christ, he can be replaced sooner.

PangQuan
04-20-2005, 12:58 PM
so let me get this straight. In a religion that states emphatically no idolatry, and encourages a kind, gentle, caring attitude - in theory - it's important to vote the guy into the top position of pope, who will die the soonest?

With most cultures, dealing with religion. The older people are usually more versed in that particular religion. 50 extra years makes a big diff on experience.

but also there is an intricate pattern of polotics involved there.

BibitClerus
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM

he is 78
and if i recall the limit for being choosen was 80
so if it was a lil later he could not be pope

the cardinals chose a "transition" pope, in the sense that he wont last long and a new one will come soon. but his ideas they say are similar to that of JP II cos they worked very closely together.

also dont forget that it takes a long time for someone to become a cardinal... so when they do they are old. by the time it takes for them to develop inside there and possibly be chosen to become pope they oughta be i believe at least close to 60.

Fu-Pow
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
So what does this thread have to do with your love life?

BibitClerus
04-20-2005, 01:59 PM
he must be bangin a catholic chick

Royal Dragon
04-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Well actually....maybe soon....but that has nothing to do with this thread.

TonyM.
04-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Great! First a Dutch Count is picked to be the Superior General of the Jesuits and now a German Pope. Welcome to the Unholy Roman Empire of the German Nations' fourth reich.

Shaolinlueb
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
anyone else find it ironic hes an ex hitler youth and took over after a polish pope? :idk:

THE REX
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
LOL- I'm sooo glad i'm not the only one that sees this :D :D

Peace is the Word :cool: REX

JohnnyMnemonic
04-22-2005, 05:18 AM
You don't know the best of it.

I read Pope John Paul was jewish.

What the heck is a jewish person doing as Pope of the Catholic Church?

An Isreali newspaper backed Ratzinger as the new pope. Why?

What is the ethnicity of the name Ratzinger?

The Isrealis would like to see the Catholic church destroyed. That is why you see all the news about Catholic pedophiles. It is an organized campaign to destroy the influence of the Catholic church. They have been adversaries since way back when.

ewallace
04-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm weird how? I mean, I'm weird like a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you? How the **** am I weird? What the **** is so weird about me? Tell me, tell me what's weird.

TonyM.
04-22-2005, 07:22 AM
You wear dresses and ride in a motorizes goldfish bowl. What isn't weird?

Royal Dragon
04-22-2005, 07:38 AM
LOL!!!

The Pope says this message is too short, and he is going to condem it to hell!!

ZIM
04-22-2005, 07:48 AM
VATICAN CITY – Newly elected pope, Benedict XVI, expressed “grave doubts” about Paris Hilton’s moral fiber in his first encyclical, Osethay Igbay Ollywoodhay Utslays, published yesterday by Papal Press (255 pages, $25 euro).

Writing in Pig Latin, a little used apostolic dialect, Pope Benedict, who is LXXVIII, tore into Hilton, calling her an “alsefay iendfray” (false friend) for dumping her “Simple Life” co-star Nicole Richie, who still had two years remaining on her contract.

“A contract is sacred and binding and not to be taken lightly,” wrote Benedict XVI. “God does not smile on those who ignore contractual obligations in order to advance their own frivolous agendae.”

Hinting that he knew the “ealray easonray” (real reason) for the split between Hilton and Richie, the pontiff warned that he might not choose to remain “ilentsay” forever.

Although Paris Hilton could not be reached for comment, her publicist—and a motel heiress in her own right—Fiona Redroof, issued the following statement today: “Paris deeply regrets that the pope’s best friend just died, but she thinks it’s time she stopped apologizing for the Sidekick hacking affair. After all, how difficult is it to change your phone number?”

Papal scholars attach great significance to the pope’s selection of Osethay Igbay Ollywoodhay Utslays (Those Big Hollywood ****s) as the topic of his first encyclical.

“Instead of using the occasion to thank his sponsors, family, friends, fellow cardinals, and ‘Supreme Being,’ as pope’s usually do, Benedict is telling people that he intends to be more liberal and accommodating than the last guy (Pope John Paul II), whose butt was so tight you could sharpen a pencil in it.”

This according to colorful and outspoken Cardinal Marcello Bellanotte, who sees Osethay Igbay Ollywoodhay Utslays as a sign that Benedict XVI is reaching out to “average people everywhere” and showing that he shares their concerns.

Other “igbay utslays” whom the new pope criticized included Mariah Carey for “amelay ehaviorbay” (truly lame-ass public behavior), Lindsay Lohan for “akefay ittiestay” (baring false breasts against her neighbors), and Jennifer Lopez for “uttbay ombasticbay” (carrying a congealed deadly weapon).

In related news, Fox announced that it will continue “our tradition” of pairing Hilton with the daughters of washed-up singers by signing Kimberly Stewart to play the role of Hilton’s hired friend in “Simple Life."

Shaolinlueb
04-22-2005, 08:33 AM
now that i really think about the hitler youth thing i start to see the resemblance to someone.

ps
im so going to hell for this one.

PangQuan
04-22-2005, 09:27 AM
now that i really think about the hitler youth thing i start to see the resemblance to someone.

ps
im so going to hell for this one.

LOL!......

SevenStar
04-22-2005, 10:13 AM
You don't know the best of it.

I read Pope John Paul was jewish.

he grew up in a largely jewish community. his favorite orchestra is led by a jewish conductor. they performed for him several times. If I remember correctly, jp II fled during the holocaust, which was when he converted.

ZIM
04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
I personally doubt very much he was a jew, but IF he was, then I think that's just seriously great. :)

Just like the first Pope, you know?

Theoderic
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
The new pope looks to have a serious 'dark side'. I am glad I bailed out of catholicism years ago but...maybe he will start the next crusades against all us 'infidels'. Fear the non-thinking catholics :eek:

Any religion that has an item like the lost arc of the covenant is foked up. They had a box and told everyone if they open it they will be burned/flesh rotted.... cmon seriously, I know most of us would have opened that box. They probably had something like dirty laundry in it. What's even crazier is the amount of people that believed this 'box' actually had mystical powers. Yeah the mystical powers of fakery!

ZIM
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
What if it did have dirty laundry in it? I seem to remember some unscrupulous settlers in the Old West used to give dirty laundry to "injuns" that did just about what you've wrote...

anton
04-23-2005, 02:01 AM
Before being appointed Pope, Cardinal Ratzinger headed teh Sacred Congregation For The Doctrine of The Faith. Formerly called the Sacred Congregation of the Universal Inquisition. So not only was he Hitler-youth, but also head of the inquisition.

JohnnyMnemonic
04-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I personally doubt very much he was a jew, but IF he was, then I think that's just seriously great. :)

Just like the first Pope, you know?

His mother's name is supposed to be Emily Katz.

According to jewish tradition, the lineage is handed down thru the mother.

I wonder if that is a generally known fact? A man from one religion is the leader of another religion?

What would people think if a muslim became the head of the Presbyterian church? I bet there would be talk.

Zaveesha
04-23-2005, 09:35 AM
he grew up in a largely jewish community. his favorite orchestra is led by a jewish conductor. they performed for him several times. If I remember correctly, jp II fled during the holocaust, which was when he converted.

I alway wonder where you guys get all that info on John Paul II. It's kinda sad that you spread false info. Or tell me your joking?

Karol Józef Wojtyła ( later John Paul II ) was born to a father Karol senior and Emilia ( whose familly name is Kaczorowska ). They both were chirstians ( Roman Catholic ). They lived in Wadowice which is in southern Central Poland - its 100 km from where I live.

BTW 7*, where did he flee during holocaust ?

Zaveesha
04-23-2005, 09:45 AM
His mother's name is supposed to be Emily Katz.

According to jewish tradition, the lineage is handed down thru the mother.

I wonder if that is a generally known fact? A man from one religion is the leader of another religion?

What would people think if a muslim became the head of the Presbyterian church? I bet there would be talk.

How his mother name could be Emily - they lived in Poland - the only similar sounding name to the one you mentioned in Emilia which when you pronouce it sounds not really the same.

One more thing his mother's name was Kaczorowska - which is as polish as it gets. In Poland a surname has faminine or masculine ending - so Karol Woytyła"s grandpa was Kaczorowski but women in that family were Kaczorwska e.g emilia Kaczorowska.

Pre WWII Poland was a home to a very big jewish community - they ( jews) lived with us for ages - some tolerated them, others did not, but the majority had nothing agaist them.
Karol Wojtyła was a good and very religious guy - his love to Jews does not come from his blood but from the whey he thought about the other person.

And to your notice - Jesus was a Jew, Saint Peter was a Jew as well as many other early Christians.

Mr. Horse
04-23-2005, 04:49 PM
There will be a black pope when hell freezes over, but if hell freezes over and goes out of business, then there would be a need for the pope. LOL :D

Dim Wit Mak
04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Pope Benedict XVI can't be the evil Pope because Saint Malachy said there would be one more Pope before the end of time. Ratzinger (The Olive Pope) is the next to last one.

Royal Dragon
04-23-2005, 06:57 PM
How do you know he's not the last one?

I know this catholic chick that's into Nostradomis, and she belives he's predicted that Ratzinger is the Pope that becomes the Anti Christ.

Dim Wit Mak
04-23-2005, 08:47 PM
When it comes to non- Biblical prophecy I don't claim to be really "know" anything. I just keep my eyes and ears open. I do know what some famous seers have said. Nostradamus predicted World War III would start on July 4, 1999. We're still here. St. Malachy predicted there will be one more Pope after this German shephard.

PHILBERT
04-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Here is a better comparison.

Christopher M
04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Any religion that has an item like the lost arc of the covenant is foked up. They had a box and told everyone if they open it they will be burned/flesh rotted...

Firstly, you're confusing Indiana Jones with reality.

Secondly, the Coptic Orthodox Church claims to have the Arc of the Covenant, not the Catholic Church.

Christopher M
04-23-2005, 10:18 PM

Yeah, could you imagine a Jew being in a formative role in Christianity!? That's just silly! :rolleyes:

An Isreali newspaper backed Ratzinger as the new pope. Why?

Most of the Israeli groups did. But wait... everyone says he's a Nazi. Must be Stolkholm Syndrome. :rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
So I spent the night at this girl's house last night, and we decided to snuggle up to watch some videos. She opened her cabinet up, and asked me to search through and find something I'd like to watch. I found a home recorded tape of "The Muppett Show". Apprently she is a Muppett fan, and has a bunch of them taped on VHS.

Anyway, we put the tape in, grabed a blankie and began watching the various episodes she has taped. One was a skit about the instalation of the new Pope (Yup, it was that old). The skit consisted of a Muppett news reporter interviewing a Muppet Cardinal. He was asking all sorts of silly questions, but this one had me on the floor rollling!!

Muppett News Reporter to Cardinal: "So Tell me Cardinal, what does the Pontif do?"

Muppett Cardinal replies: "He Pontificates!"

Muppett news reporter: "Well, there you have it folks, back to you...."

OMG!, I was in tears!!! Funniest damm thing I've seen in a long time!! Wish I could put the clip up for this thread!!

JohnnyMnemonic
04-24-2005, 06:35 PM
In a homily marking his inauguration, Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday, April 24, paid homage to “my brothers and sisters” of the Jewish people, but failed to make any reference to Islam or Muslims.

Greeting representatives of other faiths attending the ceremony, the pontiff extended a message of welcome to “the Jewish people, to whom we are joined by a great shared spiritual heritage, one rooted in God's irrevocable promises,” reported Agence France-Presse (AFP).

A few days following his election, Pope Benedict XVI sent a message to Rome's chief rabbi vowing to foster and strengthen dialogue with Jews.

His immediate predecessor John Paul II, who died on April 2, won widespread admiration in Israel not only for being the first pope in history to visit a synagogue but also for his work in reconciling the Roman Catholic Church with the Jewish people.

Some observers fear that Jewish lobbies might blackmail the new pope for his wartime membership – which he confirms was enforced -- in Nazi Germany's Hitler Youth.

Jewish leaders have already showered Pope Benedict XVI with praise over his swift and firm commitment to follow in his predecessor's path of Catholic-Jewish reconciliation, saying it was “a very powerful signal” for the future.

JohnnyMnemonic
04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
How his mother name could be Emily - they lived in Poland - the only similar sounding name to the one you mentioned in Emilia which when you pronouce it sounds not really the same.

One more thing his mother's name was Kaczorowska - which is as polish as it gets. In Poland a surname has faminine or masculine ending - so Karol Woytyła"s grandpa was Kaczorowski but women in that family were Kaczorwska e.g emilia Kaczorowska.

The name I wrote down was probably an anglicized version. Emilia Kaczorowska could easily be Emily Katz if it was shortened and anglicized.

I always thought that lineage was a function of blood.

If I change my name to Manmohan Singh, am I Indian, or a western guy who changed his name to Manmohan Singh?]

And to your notice - Jesus was a Jew, Saint Peter was a Jew as well as many other early Christians.

Kinda funny isn't it? Most other cultures on earth worship a God in the heavens. Greeks have Greek Gods. Norse people have Norse gods, Indian people ahve Indian Gods, African people have African gods.

As far as I know, Christians are the only people that worship another race of human beings, jews, as their God.

How weird huh?

Zaveesha
04-25-2005, 01:20 AM
The name I wrote down was probably an anglicized version. Emilia Kaczorowska could easily be Emily Katz if it was shortened and anglicized.

I always thought that lineage was a function of blood.

If I change my name to Manmohan Singh, am I Indian, or a western guy who changed his name to Manmohan Singh?]

Kinda funny isn't it? Most other cultures on earth worship a God in the heavens. Greeks have Greek Gods. Norse people have Norse gods, Indian people ahve Indian Gods, African people have African gods.

As far as I know, Christians are the only people that worship another race of human beings, jews, as their God.

How weird huh?

Kaczorowska - why would it be shortened and anglicizes in Poland ? His familiy was polish.Period.BTW, Katz sounds germanic to me.
But anyway it's kinda funny that I am argueing you - a person from other country while I am living 100km from the place where the pope was born and 60 km where he spend most of his life as a bishop and archibishop. This is first time I read or heard such an assumption.

I live in a country of John Paul II , his life here was checked from every angle by communist secret service who were against him. They wanted to discredit him and any jewish blood would be used agianst him during 1968 or later when there was a big action against Jews in Poland in public life. His life was checked later by journalists, historians and writers and suddenly you came up with this BS. How come ? what are your sources?

It's not even funny that when there are written untrue claims about John Paul II from people who know a little about him, don't speak his mother tongue or know nothing about history of his country.

concerning Christians worshipping other race's God - well, Jesus ( Yeshua) was a Jew , he is believed to be a son af God. In my opinion the the most important thing about him is his nature which a God-human and what he preached and not his DNA.
Christians worship God of Israel ( Yahve) the highest creature, the highest creature - but that does not my God a jewish person, does it ? 'Cause God is not a human being so he does not have flesh and nationality or race.

Other thing is that e.g. Romans worshipped gods who were originally greek gods so it makes your claims even more false.

ZIM
04-25-2005, 07:46 AM
His life was checked later by journalists, historians and writers and suddenly you came up with this BS. How come ?
Obviously, because he's an anti-Christian & anti-Catholic bigot.

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 08:23 AM
there is a church political reason for this.

He is gonna be in there for a max of 10 years. John paul was second longes pope at 26.4 longest being 30 or so.

But the reason i see is this. Everyone knows he will die soon. It gives the young cardinals the opportunity to work their way up the political ladder of the catholic church, thus maintaining a position of good standing to have a shot at the title.

no young people are in the proper position to get the spot now.

Plus the new pope worked hand in hand with the old pope, kinda like his right hand man.

this is true. the European system of acedemic advancement is based on seniority not accomplishments or new perspectives. it's thier way of maintaining status quo. also, older more feeble people are more easily controlled than young healthy ones.... :(

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Obviously, because he's an anti-Christian & anti-Catholic bigot.

hey...is that arabic in your signature?

ZIM
04-25-2005, 08:33 AM
hey...is that arabic in your signature?Yes, indeed it is.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
can you teach me how to say or at least write "Kill the infidels!!" in arabian?
:)

i figure it can be fun to scare people

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
say

dew neh loh mo :D

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
sweet

lol :D

PHILBERT
04-25-2005, 07:12 PM
I found this on the internet today. Swear its not photoshopped.

ZIM
04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
can you teach me how to say or at least write "Kill the infidels!!" in arabian?
:)

i figure it can be fun to scare people
Why the heck would I do that?

Royal Dragon
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
See, I TOLD you he was the Evil Emperor!!

Muppet News Flash!!

Headline: Royal Dragon ****es off the Vatican...more after this!!

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 10:32 PM
He's not the evil emperor just because he dresses in white...it's that gold plated commemorative switch blade knife he's got hanging around his neck and the gold trimmed Fez covering the least used part of his body.

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 10:39 PM
say

dew neh loh mo :D

there's a nuance that goes with an american saying that: Kill me, i'm here for you. :rolleyes:

SevenStar
04-26-2005, 10:10 AM
I alway wonder where you guys get all that info on John Paul II. It's kinda sad that you spread false info. Or tell me your joking?

Karol Józef Wojtyła ( later John Paul II ) was born to a father Karol senior and Emilia ( whose familly name is Kaczorowska ). They both were chirstians ( Roman Catholic ). They lived in Wadowice which is in southern Central Poland - its 100 km from where I live.

BTW 7*, where did he flee during holocaust ?

It was on NBC the day after his passing - they had a 30 min special on him. said that he grew up close knit in a jewish community, or around a bunch of them, at least.

PangQuan
04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
there's a nuance that goes with an american saying that: Kill me, i'm here for you. :rolleyes:

hehe, shhhh...

Zaveesha
04-27-2005, 03:13 AM

First you write this - "he fled during holocaust" - which is false 'cause he basically stayed around city of Kraków ( where he was later archibishop) . He was an actor, a worker at local stone mine, a student at the secret university and later a priest.

then you write that he converted - what for ? he was born Roman Catholic - he did not convert ( I assume you meant he converted from Judaism to Christianity).The truth is a simple polish boy from Southern Poland who later became a priest and finally a pope.

As his fellow country man I feel obliged to correct you.

Zaveesha
04-27-2005, 03:24 AM
It was on NBC the day after his passing - they had a 30 min special on him. said that he grew up close knit in a jewish community, or around a bunch of them, at least.

That's right he grew up and lived in a town where there was a jewish community ( nothing special at that time in Poland - in opposition to current situation e.g. I have never seen a jewish person face to face. Pre-war Poland's around 20 % population was Jewish , however I am not sure of that ). He had jewish friends, jewish school mates, his father even was renting an apartament from a jewish guy - but does that make Karol Wojtyła make him a Jew ? come on man -let's folow the facts.

There is a big difference in having jewish community around and converting. Your logic seems strange.

Other then that - respect.

ZIM
04-27-2005, 07:08 AM
The Egyptians are going on about John-Paul II secretly converting to Islam prior to his death. :rolleyes:

TonyM.
04-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Must have something to do with the twisted cross. :rolleyes:

ZIM
04-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Must have something to do with the twisted cross. :rolleyes:
Nah...they say that 1] he had earth used in his funeral service, which is a muslim custom, 2] he had his papers destroyed to prevent anyone finding out, and 3] something else that was equally pretty dumb...

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Living around jews does not a jew make.

you have to be raised in the tradition to be a jew.

your parents have to be a jew for you to be a jew.

if you convert you're doing it for your children. you are still an outsider and your children may not be treated as outsiders if they're born into it. if they weren't born into the community then they are converts, too.

any jew that accepts the role of Cardinal is no longer a Jew. I know of a guy whom Pope JPII was facinated by who was a jew. the two talked about the jew becoming a Cardinal. the jew refused as it would constitue a distinct shirking of his responsibility to his heritage. the pope died never having converted the jew.

a cultural note about the dirt in the coffin:

it's not just an islamic thing. throughout the middle east long before the advent of monotheism animistic peoples would place a large stone on the chest of the deceased so that when the chest rotted away the dirt/stone would fall in creating a foreign body which the spirit would be trapped under or around since it would be unable to remove a heavy stone in its center. or something like that. another varieant is that stone are placed on the lid of the carcophagus to keep it from opening. embedded in monotheisms of the middle east is an ancient animist religion of which the burial right is only a small portion. :)

HopGar
04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
While I dunno about the whole emperor thing, I feel obliged to correct a few things about Judaism.

"Living around jews does not a jew make. you have to be raised in the tradition to be a jew. your parents have to be a jew for you to be a jew. if you convert you're doing it for your children. you are still an outsider and your children may not be treated as outsiders if they're born into it. if they weren't born into the community then they are converts, too. any jew that accepts the role of Cardinal is no longer a Jew. I know of a guy whom Pope JPII was facinated by who was a jew. the two talked about the jew becoming a Cardinal. the jew refused as it would constitue a distinct shirking of his responsibility to his heritage. the pope died never having converted the jew."

Mostly right, not all. Judaism does not recognize converts to other religions. Being Jewish is based on the mother, whether she is Jewish or not. If your mom is Jewish, so are you. The father's lineage decides what tribe you're part of. We generally try to discourage converts, because, hey, why would you want to be part of the most disliked group of people in the world (quite blatantly shown by JohnnyMnemonic and some of his ignorant statements about Jews.) If someone decides they want to convert and do, we generally accept them with open arms and they are immediately considered as part of the nation. Just because Katz is a common Jewish last name doesn't mean that the the pope was Jewish. (there have been Jewish popes before.) Katz is germanic as far as I know, but alot of Jewish names were shortened when Jews came to America, so anything is possible.

Before WWII/ the holocaust, there was a massive Jewish community in Poland, most of which was obliterated by the nazis. Mostly Chassidic.

The Israeli left does have a major case of stockholm syndrome.

Johnny, there is no conspiracy to destroy the catholic church even if they're responsible for a huge amount of violence against the Jews over the centuries. Take your veiled anti-semitism elsewhere.

Peace dudes

ZIM
04-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Hop Gar-

Hope you are having a good Passover. Don't have too much Matzoh Foo Young. ;)

HopGar
04-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks. More like overdose on it...... :p and we've already done that!

peace

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-29-2005, 11:36 PM
If someone decides they want to convert and do, we generally accept them with open arms and they are immediately considered as part of the nation.

Johnny, there is no conspiracy to destroy the catholic church even if they're responsible for a huge amount of violence against the Jews over the centuries. Take your veiled anti-semitism elsewhere.

Peace dudes

the ideal and the reality (at least in communities with a larger older population) are far from each other. remember they are less accepting of new people or even slightly different styles of judaism for a reason. plus there's a generational difference. and the differences between the three oragisational philosophies.

butter milk and honey flow from a rock. other times, just hot water...or dust.

ZIM
04-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Conversion to Judaism & acceptance is a difficult thing. IIRC, there's actually some Talmudic law covering it [the term for them is ger? Can't remember] and its a matter of what rights and obligations they have. Status within the Law.

I'm not sure where Christians fit in with that model, if at all. I know we're not [suwr?] enemies, but we don't have the same status, either.

We're like complete heretics but a loophole, maybe. We believe some outlandish, hilarious things by comparison. We're like followers of ONE Rabbi who mistook the punchlines for the teachings....

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
We believe some outlandish, hilarious things by comparison. We're like followers of ONE Rabbi who mistook the punchlines for the teachings....

wow. never thought i'd hear that from someone i assumed was islamic. :rolleyes:

well, at least you have something in common with the christians. :p

did any of you heretical monotheists ever actually read the hebrew cannon in your native language?

ZIM
05-01-2005, 07:45 AM
wow. never thought i'd hear that from someone i assumed was islamic. :rolleyes:
Boy, did you assume wrong. :D

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Boy, did you assume wrong. :D

:) :) :rolleyes: :) :D