PDA

View Full Version : happy b-day np

rubthebuddha
04-21-2005, 08:29 PM
good to hear that one of those life dreams was fulfilled. now if we can just get jerry lewis and zha zha gabor drunk enough, your other dream will come true as well. :eek:

joedoe
04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
hdb np

[filler stuff for this stupid 10 character limit thing]

SPJ
04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Happy B-day.

:)

NorthernShaolin
04-21-2005, 11:43 PM
NP,

Happy B-Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristoffer
04-22-2005, 07:30 AM
have a good one

:)

red5angel
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Do Jews celebrate birthdays? ;)

Happy Birthday NP

Shaolinlueb
04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
happy birthday dude. dont do anything i wouldnt do ;)

Starchaser107
04-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Sounded like u had a good day. Enjoy the post birthday effervescence.

norther practitioner
04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys....

the life dream was skiing and playing golf on the same day.... and I got to eat at three of my favorite places :D

Now, back to training..

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-22-2005, 06:30 PM
happy birthday dude.

i hope before been you are drinking well like a mighty!

wdl
04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Happy Birthday!

-Will

David Jamieson
04-22-2005, 10:49 PM
hbd np! get old!

Becca
04-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Happy BD! As they say, you don't stop enjoying life because you get older, you get old because you stop enjoying life. :cool:

BibitClerus
04-22-2005, 11:07 PM
on my 15th birthday i was told by a dude in teh party that from that age on it was all downhill. its been truth so far

but happy birtday anyway dude :D

Becca
04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I guess that all depends on what you focus your life on, zebby. One day, I realized that bassing my happiness on anyone other than me was never going to leave me satisfied. Once I stopped looking to the outside for fulfillment, I became much more content. Stopped getting into dead-end relationships. stopped getting upset at people, including yuppies that can't drive to save thier lives. my over-all quality of life went up. I will never go back to being that other needy creature. :)

BibitClerus
04-22-2005, 11:27 PM
I guess that all depends on what you focus your life on, zebby. One day, I realized that bassing my happiness on anyone other than me was never going to leave me satisfied. Once I stopped looking to the outside for fulfillment, I became much more content. Stopped getting into dead-end relationships. stopped getting upset at people, including yuppies that can't drive to save thier lives. my over-all quality of life went up. I will never go back to being that other needy creature. :)

i dont know if im a yuppie, but i definately cant drive :D
everybody in teh family dis me for not having learned to drive yet
sometimes i say im waiting for the invention of the teletransport devices
they did manage to teleport a few properties of a certain atom... just not all of them... yet
im just waiting for it all to be over, you know, i dont expect any better for me or anyone. i dont know why people keep running, theres nowhere to run.
sometimes i feel happy when im drunk... sometimes i feel happy on hangover days
when i was 15 i was happy just be around my friends

i didnt wanna hijack np's bday :D

Becca
04-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Ha! He'd hijack your's! :eek: ;) :D

Nothing wrong with not driving. I was 20 before I got my liscense. Didn't have anywere to go that I couldn't ride the bus or my bike. But It got hard to get my oldest son to the babysitter's in the rain... :p

BibitClerus
04-22-2005, 11:48 PM
rain is something i apreciate
but one time on getting to the bus on a rainy day i dropped my pen (yes i was carrying only 1 pen and 1 paperbook) on teh sewers direction... i stuck my hand in the dirty water that was about to enter the sewer and managed to save it

i can see hwo i could get to uni faster
parties are a big no though, i wouldnt trust my reflexes
my buddy is a good party driver... even though the both of us are always drunk in the car we never crashed. i just have to help him finding the car.

Becca
04-22-2005, 11:54 PM
You sound like my brother. "I have know idea why the cop pulled us over, sis. We were drinking, but Red's a good driver when he's drunk..." ;)

norther practitioner
04-23-2005, 02:49 AM
It's all good, as long as it goes to someones betterment.

Becca
04-23-2005, 03:00 AM
You still going to Sabaki today?

norther practitioner
04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
No, had to spend that part of the budget on fixing up a few things around the house...

Becca
04-23-2005, 10:36 PM
You meen you had to spend your birthday week-end working on your house?!? Guess it's a good thing the day itself was good... :eek: ;) :p

norther practitioner
04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
lol, no ish...

it's all good though.... how was Sabaki?

Becca
04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
It was point sparring. Granted, they got to actually hit hard, so there was none of the usual penalties for excessive roughness, but other than that...

I think I was one of a very small portion watching who had any idea what I was watching... Most of thr crowd left once the kids' demo was over.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
my buddy is a good party driver... even though the both of us are always drunk in the car we never crashed. i just have to help him finding the car.

only takes once bud. i thought the same of myself until i gave my best friend a mild concussion hitting a house. i dont drive drunk anymore.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
only takes once bud. i thought the same of myself until i gave my best friend a mild concussion hitting a house. i dont drive drunk anymore.

i wouldnt blame me friend for anything
if he doesnt drive, we get nowhere... i mean we need cabs, those are expensive too
the last time we went somewhere on a cab we went back home on foot since we didnt wanna spend much.
we walked some 30 minutes to me house. the sun was almost up, and from there buddy took a bus back to his home (must have rode some more 20 minutes).
anyway, ive never been on a crash, but im not really worried. live is boring and a cruel fate awaits all. i wish there was mercy for the little animals and for the nice people, but even them wont have much of a choice.

arrogancy: i believe i got 8 out of 8 on a test, therefore i will not do a paper that could give another 2 (making a total of 10) since all i need is a 6.
the world: medriocre

red5angel
04-25-2005, 07:13 AM
You sound like my brother. "I have know idea why the cop pulled us over, sis. We were drinking, but Red's a good driver when he's drunk..."

I'm ten times better at everything when I'm drunk!!!

norther practitioner
04-25-2005, 10:28 AM
i wouldnt blame me friend for anything
if he doesnt drive, we get nowhere... i mean we need cabs, those are expensive too
the last time we went somewhere on a cab we went back home on foot since we didnt wanna spend much.
we walked some 30 minutes to me house. the sun was almost up, and from there buddy took a bus back to his home (must have rode some more 20 minutes).
anyway, ive never been on a crash, but im not really worried. live is boring and a cruel fate awaits all. i wish there was mercy for the little animals and for the nice people, but even them wont have much of a choice.

arrogancy: i believe i got 8 out of 8 on a test, therefore i will not do a paper that could give another 2 (making a total of 10) since all i need is a 6.
the world: medriocre

Get over yourself.... before a judge makes you.

David Jamieson
04-25-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm ten times better at everything when I'm drunk!!!

perception and reality are two different things.

for instance, both become seriously flawed when intoxicated. :D

red5angel
04-25-2005, 11:21 AM

So let me get this straight Xebs. You're freind is retarded enough to think he's ok to drive drunk, and you are retarded enough to not only let him drive drunk, but get in the car when he does it? Two things:

1 - Don't ever go on a tirade about life, how hard it is or how much the war sucks or how much you care about life and freedom again. Getting in a car while intoxcitaed is one of the more throughtless and selfish ways to endanger life that I can think of.

2 - My respect for you has gone waaaaaaaaaaay down. You're college kid attitude about life and the world get's annoying at times but you can also be entertaining, and you obviously have good taste in music, but driving drunk, that's just plain stupid.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Get over yourself.... before a judge makes you.

how so np? im not the driver so im not comiting a crime. why would any judge care about me?
i comit and have comited other crimes but those are the kind no one ever gets punished for... like dowloading tons of music and movies... drinking at early age and stuff...
my friend did lose his license one time for about 1 or 2 months i think.
but the story was basicly this: he was driving at night and he passed throw 3 red signs in a row. the cops were watching and got him, he was drunk. BUT pay attention to this: in big citys here NO ONE (not even cabs) will stop at a red sign late at night cos you get assaulted if you do so. Assaults at red signs are very common, man.
He, as always, went through the signs otherwise he was in danger of being gun pointed.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
So let me get this straight Xebs. You're freind is retarded enough to think he's ok to drive drunk, and you are retarded enough to not only let him drive drunk, but get in the car when he does it? Two things:

1 - Don't ever go on a tirade about life, how hard it is or how much the war sucks or how much you care about life and freedom again. Getting in a car while intoxcitaed is one of the more throughtless and selfish ways to endanger life that I can think of.

2 - My respect for you has gone waaaaaaaaaaay down. You're college kid attitude about life and the world get's annoying at times but you can also be entertaining, and you obviously have good taste in music, but driving drunk, that's just plain stupid.

please further explain number 1. i dont feel like im destroying other peoples lifes and freedom by getting on a car when intoxicated.
and many times i dont care all that much about life indeed - cos its beyond my power.
i just dislike suffering, torturing, imprisonement, hypocrisy and steping over others carcasses to get an advantage and make more dough. I know i cant save the world.

im ok with you not liking or respecting me on number 2, man. i always believed from a tender age that most people dont like me anyway. ive always had few friends.
i do find it kinda sad you label me a "college kid attitude" since i really dont represent all those people. most of them are diferent than me, man.

why is this even being discussed, leave me and my uglyness be. just allow me to vent every once in a while or it gets worse, ok?

GeneChing
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry I missed the party but I was in Disneyland. You got a nice long b-day thread tho, which is all anyone could ask for here.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
please further explain number 1. i dont feel like im destroying other peoples lifes and freedom by getting on a car when intoxicated.
and many times i dont care all that much about life indeed - cos its beyond my power.
i just dislike suffering, torturing, imprisonement, hypocrisy and steping over others carcasses to get an advantage and make more dough. I know i cant save the world.

im ok with you not liking or respecting me on number 2, man. i always believed from a tender age that most people dont like me anyway. ive always had few friends.
i do find it kinda sad you label me a "college kid attitude" since i really dont represent all those people. most of them are diferent than me, man.

why is this even being discussed, leave me and my uglyness be. just allow me to vent every once in a while or it gets worse, ok?

Because I have to listen to you take shots at the US al the time, you get to hear me take shots at you and your freinds endangering the lives of others. Has it ever occurred to you that you could end up taking the life of someone, or their loved ones, or their families by doing this?

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I had a friend who was hit by a drunk driver...died too...very very sad.

If that driver had used common sense and judgment my friend may still be here, may still be practicing her karate.

I wanted to find the drunk and kill him, make things even. But I could not. The law forbids that kind of action.

Now when I see drunk people going to get into the car, I tell them no. They say "fuk u" then I tell them why I say no. sometimes they say "fuk u still" but sometimes they call a cab.

drunk drivers need to be drug into the street and beaten by me personally.

You say that you dont respect people stepping over bodies to get ahead, well thats exactly what a drunk driver is doing. Stepping over the dead to make life convenient for them. So they dont have to pay for a cab, or so they dont have to walk.

Pathetic creatons, and filth on the bottom of my shoe.

have a good day.

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
OH im sorry NP

happy belated B-day I hope you got your fill of happy wishes.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Because I have to listen to you take shots at the US al the time, you get to hear me take shots at you and your freinds endangering the lives of others. Has it ever occurred to you that you could end up taking the life of someone, or their loved ones, or their families by doing this?

seriously hadnt ocourred me since my friend drives quite slow (and i mean it, never seen him go fast nor sober nor drunk), there are no pedestrians on the street at that time and in his history he never crashed at a living being.
so i just find it very unlikely.
i didnt mean to discuss war you know but on the other hand the soldiers do know for sure that they will be killing civilians when they drop a big bomb... at a civilian area. they do know there will be a lot of inocent deaths on all wars, on every one of them. although hitting someone with the car is a possibility that floats among several variable settings, killing inocents in war is absolute sure.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 02:58 PM
have a good day.

thanx man, you have a good day too.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Xebs are you seriously trying to rationalize driving drunk as a non-risk to life and limb? there is NO responsible way to drive drunk, ever. I don't care how slow you drive or how many accidents you ahven't got into. It only takes once. My bet is all those people who kill other people in car accidents because they are drunk say the same ****ed thing. "I've haven't been in an accident yet so I'll be fine."

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 03:00 PM
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2004, an estimated 16,654 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes - an average of one almost every half-hour. These deaths constituted approximately 39 percent of the 42,800 total traffic fatalities.

this from M.A.D.D. web site.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 03:01 PM
I wanted to find the drunk and kill him, make things even. But I could not. The law forbids that kind of action.

I'm not the only one who thinks drunk drivers who kill another human being in a car accident should be given the death sentence. I don't care if they can be rehabilitated, they took the life of someone else because they got into a vehicle drunk.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
16,654 people were killed

huh... more then have been killed in the war in Iraq......

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Xebs are you seriously trying to rationalize driving drunk as a non-risk to life and limb? there is NO responsible way to drive drunk, ever. I don't care how slow you drive or how many accidents you ahven't got into. It only takes once. My bet is all those people who kill other people in car accidents because they are drunk say the same ****ed thing. "I've haven't been in an accident yet so I'll be fine."

i dont say its non-risk. i agree there is a risk. just as there is risk almost everywhere.
there is a chance, indeed, that we wont be fine, thats true. i am an irresponsible person at some of the activities i take, thats true. driving drunk is a crime and the law here is quite malfunctioning. but dont judge us for killing people i havent killed or agreed to kill.

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
It is a controled chance. Drive drunk there is a % chance you will kill, dont drive drunk 0% chance you will kill due to drunk driving.

but we are ruining NP's b-day thread, we may want to start a new one if we wish to continue this debate.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Actually Xebs, by getting into the car and letting your friend drive drunk you have agreed to kill. What you're saying is that you're ok with the risk that you might kill someone. Instead of atleast shouldering the responsibility and commiting to you it, you're ok with it, but hoping it doesn't happen.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 03:17 PM
It is a controled chance. Drive drunk there is a % chance you will kill, dont drive drunk 0% chance you will kill due to drunk driving.

but we are ruining NP's b-day thread, we may want to start a new one if we wish to continue this debate.

i disagree that there is 0% chance of killing by sober people. sober people crash too.

i agree we did ruin NPs thread, i mentioned it before i think :D

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
ya, i said 0% chance of killing due to drunk driving.

its the "due to drunk driving" stipulation. :p I am anal.

red5angel
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
i disagree that there is 0% chance of killing by sober people. sober people crash too.

he said there was a 0% chance of killing someone DUE TO drunk driving.

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I wonder if NP will read this. I hope he gets a kick outa it. Hell we already ruined his thread. Kinda like how drunk drivers who crash ruin lifes. :p

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Actually Xebs, by getting into the car and letting your friend drive drunk you have agreed to kill. What you're saying is that you're ok with the risk that you might kill someone. Instead of atleast shouldering the responsibility and commiting to you it, you're ok with it, but hoping it doesn't happen.

When a patient goes to a lypo-suction operation, even with all the precautions and care being taken the doctor has to be ok with the risk of killing the patient. He hopes the patient wont die from any possible complications of the surgery or the anestesy.
Even if the patient signed some paper taking resposability, the doctor and/or his crew still get in trouble.
And that lypo wasnt really necessary, or was it?

red5angel
04-25-2005, 03:29 PM
When a patient goes to a lypo-suction operation, even with all the precautions and care being taken the doctor has to be ok with the risk of killing the patient. He hopes the patient wont die from any possible complications of the surgery or the anestesy.
Even if the patient signed some paper taking resposability, the doctor and/or his crew still get in trouble.
And that lypo wasnt really necessary, or was it?

The difference is the patient takes the risk upon themselves. I don't care what you do to yourself as long as it doesn't affect other people adversely and unnecessarily. the doctor and the patient get to sit down and discuss the risks and go from there.

Getting in a vehicle drunk means you risk OTHER people's lives, not just your own. If they had some sort of armored drunk driving lane so all you idiots could kill each other without people like me having to worry about it I'd say have at it. Unfortunately the roads you drive are public and so you risk taking the lives of people and taking their choice from them.

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 03:38 PM
ok,
i am an evil person then
may the fires burning eat my flesh and and may the sulfur smell consume my nostrils and lungs in hell

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
now dont you feel better sinse you have admitted that. ;)

it only gets easier from here buddy. you took the first step. I can give you a sobriety badge soon, just hang in there.

dang did we force our beliefs on you or what. I feel powerful.

j/k

BibitClerus
04-25-2005, 03:52 PM
sobriety badge :eek:

sweet, soon i will be walking old ladies through the street

PangQuan
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
lol, there ya go sport. :D

norther practitioner
04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
I've had my experiences...

lets just say, I hate that ****, my girlfriend just lost her grandmother to an itoxicated driver....

PangQuan
04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Im sorry for the loss man...

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
dude i know where your coming from and there's no real argument. you figure its 3 in the friggen morning, your buddy doesnt speed, he doesn't drive if he can't walk to the car so there's not much real risk. i always hated drunk driving, but found myself occasionally pushing it when it came down to getting my car home when i had something to do the next day. and i figured the same.

then one night i hit a house. im still not entirely sure what happened. i was fine the entire drive home ... i really wasn't even that drunk. hell i had a cop behind me half the way and wasn't even worried though i knew i would have failed a brethalizer pretty badly. i remember going over the bridge and then i remember being way too close to the steps of a small business near my house. my buddy says i took the turn down my street about 20 yards too late and drove straight into the steps of the building like i was trying to do it. i didn't hit my head or anything i just dont know what happened. my buddy was smart enough not to bother wearing his seatbelt so he had a headach for about 2 weeks but was fine otherwise.

now when its all summed up it sounds like a pretty lame story and i couldnt be more thankful. no one was hurt, the property damage was very minimal (broke their wooden railing and i took care of it immediatley), due to very lucky circumstances and quick thinking i didnt get into any trouble, and i managed to get the car home even though it was useless afterwards. but it woke me up not to what can happen but to what does happen. sure there arent any kids out at 2 in the morning that i could have hit. except for the one being driven to the er with a 104 degree fever. or at 30 miles an hour i could have killed a father of four just by delaying his arrival to the hospital with a heartattack or allergic reaction to medicine or whatever. the **** really happens even if your careful and not just because your in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and people can show you their stump from their stories and its not going to make a difference. you just nod and think how bad it must suck to be everybody else until you have a story of your own. i just hope your story doesn't involve a stump or worse one day.