PDA

View Full Version : iron body real or fake?

wind draft
04-24-2005, 11:01 PM
How does those Shaolin monks take hit to the head, body, and pretty much everywhere and not get hurt. How does this really work? What type of excercise will result in this? I appreciate the response. Thanks

Mikkyou
04-25-2005, 05:57 AM
How does those Shaolin monks take hit to the head, body, and pretty much everywhere and not get hurt. Kungfu Qigong magazine had a 2 page article on this from Shi Guolin.He states after being hit by his juniors"I suddenly understood what the meaning of wu bu zhui zhong was.It is using your qigong breathing techniques to send internal qi to your limbs and head"In that article he goes into depth about nei gung(internal work)and shows some postures from the marrow washing set used for Iron body.In his next article he shows the muscle changing exercises used in Iron body.This is just one coponent
there is also hitting and massage and requires a qualified teacher to guide you.

MasterKiller
04-25-2005, 07:47 AM
http://exn.ca/Stories/2003/06/09/51.asp

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
the key element in these excercises is being able to control both the movement of chi and blood in your body.

Reggie1
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
the key element in these excercises is being able to control both the movement of chi and blood in your body.

Or just knowing the physics behind this stuff. :)

Mikkyou
04-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Or just knowing the physics behind this stuff. They know the physics of it but that is only a small portion.I would have loved to see the guy who was sure of breaking the concrete use his head instead of an egg or break the stick over his ribs.As you can see the conditioning exercises and qigong practices plays a vital role.

Reggie1
04-25-2005, 01:12 PM
As you can see the conditioning exercises and qigong practices plays a vital role.

I agree w/ that.

IronFist
04-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Just keep in mind that your iron body is basically worthless if you can't use it without lots of warmup and getting into certain poses and preparing yourself on stage before you are struck, cuz you're not going to have time to do any of that in combat.

WinterPalm
04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
I train in iron body and it is indeed very real. However, when do you think five guys with spears are going to come and lift you up like that in a real fight? Exactly, those are gimicks, possibly done with the aid of physics, body conditioning, and good balance. I've found with the bit that I know and do, that when it carries over to sparring I can now take some really hard hits at a surprise and not feel the effects like before I trained in iron body. I see most of that stuff as either show or, due to the nature of what he is going to be doing, a way of physically and mentally preparing oneself for the task at hand. In combat you do not get the time to prepare but with the proper training, it will always be there.

Liokault
04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
In the nei gung that we do, after 3 months you can have a guy of your own weight jump onto your gut from about shoulder height. I have had this done to me and have seen it done by many other guys.

I'm not sure if this is remarkable or not as we have not yet been able to find anyone who has not done the nei gung that will be jumped upon. No sit ups are involved and the trainning does not invole much muscle contraction/building.....to be honest I dont understand why it works.

The nei gung is for health and as I understand it the "iron body" effect (no sure if it counts as iron body) is a by product.

In terms of how relevant it is in a fight.....well theres no way in the world that on seeing a guy plumet feet first onto your body you will not perpare your self, but as I have not been doing the trainning for the lasy 6 months (lots of reasons) I feel much more fragile, and find the effects of what would previously been minor knocks to be much worse.

I'll post pics if this is what your looking for.