PDA

View Full Version : The difference between gongfu and Quanshu

coco
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
In Chinese wushu, gongfu is different from Quan shu (fist form). In general, Quan shu shows the skills of body action, but Gongfu shows one’s power, which includes nei gong (inner power) and wai gong (outside power). So there’s a proverb in wushu field: “only learn Quan shu without gongfu, gain nothing finally”

All the shaolin warriors in the shaolin temple learn gongfu from their shifu, generation by generation. They have their own treasure secret of gaining power. Which only come down within the shaolin temple. Their incredible techniques are the magic powers of legend, such as Five-poison Hand, Iron shirt, Iron Hands, Flying Arts and so on. They also learn martial arts accu-points and medicinal recipes.

Outside of the shaolin temple in China, there are many of wushu schools which mainly train Quanshu (taolu , or fist techniques ) , but some of their shifu may have gongfu and learn you some. So before you learn wushu, Please be aware of what you are going to learn, Quan shu or Gong Fu ?
I would like to make friends with anyone who's interested with wushu.
Communicate with me :) : coco785@163.com

Becca
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Man, what are you yelling for? You did realize making your text extra big and bolding it is equal to yelling in an internet forum, right? :confused:

SPJ
04-26-2005, 07:37 AM
A little bit confused here.

Gong Fu is some skills that take time to practice and gain proficiency.

I think what your teachers mean is Gong Fa or methods of gaining skills including Qi Gong, Jing Gong, Pai Da Gong etc.

Wushu means skills or practice of fighting.

And yes to make the technique work requires to practice to gain the skills or Gong Fu.

They both are necessary and not one without the other or vice versa.

A link about Gong Fa.

Gong Fa (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1414075723/ref=sib_dp_srch_bod/103-5267131-9128659?v=search-inside&keywords=gong+fa)

Quan Shu: techniques or skills of Boxing.

Quan Fa: methods, theory, principles, tactics, strategy, applications, interchange from one move into the other move, ----etc

One need to learn both and not one or the other.

:)

SPJ
04-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Yes, you are correct about the saying.

Lian Quan Bu Lian Gong Dao Lao Yi Chang Kong.

练拳不练功到老一场空.

Excellent point.

:)

PangQuan
04-26-2005, 09:56 AM
I encountered coco before, I emailed coco, never recieved return email....

red5angel
04-26-2005, 10:01 AM
It could be a fishing email. You send an email to the address provided and it goes on a list of "Active" accounts that can then get spammed.

PangQuan
04-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Probably, since I emailed him from work. We have a pretty good email service, no spam at all. So your probably right.

coco
05-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Man, what are you yelling for? You did realize making your text extra big and bolding it is equal to yelling in an internet forum, right? :confused:

hi there Becca, I am sorry to make you feel uncomfortable because of my extra big
and bolding text. really sorry for that.
when i was writting the text, i just thinking of how to make my text more easy-for-
reading. never mean to yelling at any friends here.

coco
05-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Probably, since I emailed him from work. We have a pretty good email service, no spam at all. So your probably right.

hey PangQuan,

thanks for your care, but i did not receive any email from you, and my email
address is not kind of any list. it's my private email box, but i don't know
what's happen with our mailbox, i can receive other friends email well.
if possible, try resend to me.

FuXnDajenariht
05-27-2005, 09:00 PM
just sign a legally binding contract agreeing that if he gets any spam, you hafta mail him your nuts. hehe