PDA

View Full Version : Most Extensive Style Dictionary

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
this might boggle even Gene's encyclopedia:

http://home.stny.rr.com/iama/az.html

these guys have really done thier homework! so...why the heck are they teaching Kickboxing?

SPJ
04-26-2005, 07:22 AM
An interesting site.

Some of CMA styles are over simplified and grouped.

Such as 7 stars mantis. It is the most diverse styles in CMA. There are nearly 500 forms and growing.

Some well known styles are missing.

However, it does have a lot of good info.

Vash
04-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Alas, the Isshinryu portion has the establishment of the art in 1954, not '56.

I'd never heard it referred to as the "Master Art." After Shimabuku started showing his "new" stuff, a lot of the people who had endorsed him started pulling back on it.

GeneChing
04-26-2005, 09:32 AM
My encyclopedia would be easy to boggle since I don't have one. I doubt I'd ever attempt to make one either. It's too boggling.

Kristoffer
04-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Impressive. I like the way it was written too.

YuanZhideDiZhen
04-27-2005, 10:24 AM
there are some elements like thugee that are pure bs. i wrote that bs line in a pre-gui forum on irc #christian as joke in '94. i was asking about thugee and ran into my own diatribe about how do we know that lineages arn't manufacured to sound good? does thuggee history sound good because the name of the indian police is correct?

what's this Ler Drit? all the entries i can find on the web are posted by prepubescent teen aged boys in the fantasy gaming crowd.

David Jamieson
04-27-2005, 10:58 AM
The thuggees were actual in a historical sense. But as a "style" well, that is questionable.