PDA

View Full Version : Style *****ing

Mannie
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Why is it that just about every Wing Chun system bad mouths every other Wing Tsun system.
WC vs VT vs WT vs VC etc...
And its ususally about nothing, hand position, footwork application, etc....
It basically statting that expression is forbiden.
Thats not what the founders or the proggressors of the system would have wanted. Its about personal expression.
More effort and time on positive aspects of Wing Chun will lead to a greater Ving Tsun.

Taff
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys,

More effort and time on positive aspects of Wing Chun will lead to a greater Ving Tsun.

No, it'll lead to better Wing Chun ;) :0

anerlich
04-26-2005, 05:38 PM
The popularity of BJJ and NHB have largely brought an end to this.

Now WCers of all persuasions have adopted a herd mentality, old foes bunching together to create a minimal perimeter against the verbal and electronic onslaughts of the non-traditional and grapplers, evil embracers of the Dark Side.

It will be like the way wars between countries and ideologieswill be forgotten when the alien invasion comes, to be resumed when the aliens lose interest in so useless a species, and decide to trade with the cephalopods instead.

Welcome squid overlords!!!!

Losttrak
04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Lol@Anerlich!

Hendrik
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Why is it that just about every Wing Chun system bad mouths every other Wing Tsun system.
WC vs VT vs WT vs VC etc...
And its ususally about nothing, hand position, footwork application, etc....
It basically statting that expression is forbiden.
Thats not what the founders or the proggressors of the system would have wanted. Its about personal expression.

a pregnant mummy will notice lots of pragnant mom around. I think it is micheal jodan said 'focus in the rigth place'. that right focus makes a big different. as i heard.

what do you focus at?

Gangsterfist
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I, for one welcome our new squid overlords.

/simpsons quote

A lot of marketing schemes seems to end up with wing chun peopel and a lot of wing chun people make some big claims.

Thats why people talk trash, personally I just keep to myself and train :cool:

Mannie
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
IT is about MONEY, EGO and FEAR.
Every system has its good and different points. Never bad.
But consuming time and energy trying to pick holes in those differences is what leads to segregation.
Where is the spirit of the art?
Where is the positive growth?

There are two hungry wolves at war inside each of us.
One is bad: He is envy, sorrow, gelousy, greedy, angry and sad.
The other is: Love, understanding, growth, hope, positive and humble.
Which one will win?
THE ONE YOU FEED

anerlich
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
IT is about MONEY, EGO and FEAR.

No kidding.

Have you heard "The Hungry Wolf" by X, off "Under the Big Black Sun"?

Don't take it all so serious. Try another martial art, you'll see how stupid these pompous claims and internecine squabbling are.

We've got more than enough people on here trying (and failing) to write original cool epigrams and deep-sounding claptrap. Why not start a constructive tech thread instead?

cobra
04-27-2005, 11:55 PM
It's a lot easier to talk trash behind someone's back and never meet them face to face for fear that they might actually have more skill than you.

What if we all got together and learned from each other and worked together in spite of our differences, wouldn't we all be more profitable? Seems that the same greed that keeps us apart, keeps us a much smaller and much less profitable group.