PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here take MA seriously?

ElPietro
10-18-2001, 10:36 PM
If you do please look down the list of threads in this forum and explain.

We have threads on dead people fighting each other...threads for people to get to a certain level of posting, other posts that make no sense at all yet they have many many posts which would mean others are interested in these asinine topics that have no useful info in them whatsoever.

I don't stray to far from a few of the forums in here because I would have to sift through this BS all the time. Maybe if everyone could just think before they posted this place would be much improved. I wish mods would cut out half the useless crap in here so I don't get a headache whenever I try to find useful information. But maybe it's too much to ask for mature threads.

Water Dragon
10-18-2001, 10:43 PM
www.cyberkwoon.com (http://www.cyberkwoon.com)

Now go away

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

JWTAYLOR
10-18-2001, 10:46 PM
Wow, thanks, that was so helpfull. And so much martial art related content in that post as well.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Ryu
10-18-2001, 10:55 PM
Yeah I take it very seriously.

Take care,
Ryu

http://www.kfccinema.com/news/12/zu2-05.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-18-2001, 10:57 PM
it's because we actually have a little community here.

don't you ever talk about your life or just bs before or after class in the kwoon?

the reason why so many people come here is because of the spice that some of the nonsense adds.

also .. if you were willing to do a little exploring before running your mouth you would see that there are plenty of other subforums here that stick to topic.

check out one of those if you are just intrested in getting some useful info. come here for the entertainment value. there is useful info here on the general forum too, but i bet you half the people providing it wouldn't post half as much (or at all) if it wasn't for all the funny sh!t that lightens up a day at the office.

where's my beer?

Kung Lek
10-18-2001, 11:00 PM
Dead Serious El- How about you?

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Silumkid
10-18-2001, 11:16 PM
Absolutely not! How dare you assume that I have even put enough thought into it to consider this a serious question! Come on...martial arts and seriousness. What are you thinking? :D

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

KC Elbows
10-18-2001, 11:20 PM
Yes. I also take PA seriously. They're family after all. :)

But enough about MA, lets talk about dinner. I'm gonna have lasagne....mmmmmmmmm......lasagne :D

Water Dragon
10-18-2001, 11:21 PM
I'd rather have some Gates BBQ, MMMMMMMMMM!!!

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Ryu
10-18-2001, 11:22 PM
I feel like Chinese tonight....

CHINESE BJJ THAT IS! :D

:confused: ****, what's happening to me...

Ryu

http://www.kfccinema.com/news/12/zu2-05.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

KC Elbows
10-18-2001, 11:23 PM
WD, you have Gates? Is it in other states now, or are you stalking me?

Water Dragon
10-18-2001, 11:26 PM
I had to do a business trip to KC last year. They brought in Gates and then opened a tab for us in that section where all the bars are. Downtown KC suX!!!

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Wongsifu
10-18-2001, 11:30 PM
the problem is we take martial arts so seriously that we are rejected by society , every person we meet , we look at them and think , hmmm i could throw him in about 0.7 seconds , every time he extends his hand to say pleased to meet you , you think of at least 8 different wrist locks you could apply.
For this reason and since we think of martial arts all day long we have run out of things to say on the forum , since ive had the conversation with myself 100 times today that if he did a side kick i would do this, when we finally come on the forum we like to talk about thinks apart from M.A

:D

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

KC Elbows
10-18-2001, 11:33 PM
Yeah, no one really goes to the downtown area. If you come here again, don't bother with downtown, go to Westport and the Plaza area, its where most of the action is, and some **** fine restaurants.

...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........lasagne.......... :cool:

Water Dragon
10-18-2001, 11:39 PM
Yeah, that's where we went: Westport

KC Elbows
10-18-2001, 11:40 PM
The Downtown area was misplaced, in my opinion. I think in the future Westport and the Plaza will probably become the downtown, as the city grows.

Tigerstyle
10-18-2001, 11:53 PM
My god Wongsifu, It's like you're right in my head.

If you are in there... I don't know whose magazines those are. Or why they're under MY mattress.

Jeff Liboiron
10-19-2001, 12:52 AM
I take it very seriously, so seriously in fact that if my friends make fun of it i hit them!! :)

If you study MA, and don't take it seriously, take up knitting or something :)

Chang Style Novice
10-19-2001, 01:12 AM
I take MA seriously (although I'll probably never be seriously good at them) I don't take internet message boards quite as seriously, though.

And just because you take something seriously doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor about it.

Water Dragon
10-19-2001, 01:26 AM
Chang Style Novice is correct

Chang Style Novice
10-19-2001, 01:44 AM
It seems I'm hearing a lot of that lately. Glad you guys are finally coming around!