PDA

View Full Version : boy saves sister from lion with fists of fury

WanderingMonk
04-27-2005, 08:12 AM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1372546.html

Vash
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
. . . I figure, I've known her for two years, lion can have her. He's probably got more use for her, anyhow.

PangQuan
04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Probably would never have happened if they took proper care of their animals. Darn lion was probably starved.

truewrestler
04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Actually if the lion was starved the kids wouldn't be in the hospital, they be in its belly. The lion was probably just as suprised as anyone else that the door opened.

PangQuan
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
thats most likely true, i just like to complain sometimes. or maybe that kid is a kung fu genius and the lion could not take his powerfull palm strikes, and was forced to let go.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-27-2005, 02:09 PM
i think he should fight in the ufc.

like tomorrow. he would choke royce out.

BibitClerus
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
now that little shyt will have delusions of grandure thinking that he is mighty...

he should be charged with animal abuse, the little *******

omarthefish
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
*yawn*...

1 Samuel 17:34 - 17:36.

:D

IronFist
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I heard ananova is BS.

BibitClerus
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I heard ananova is BS.

is that a chick?

IronFist
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
That's the name of the site.

BibitClerus
04-27-2005, 08:47 PM
ooops :D

details :D

Becca
04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
i think he should fight in the ufc.

like tomorrow. he would choke royce out.
No, he would slap royce's hands out... :eek: :D

Mikkyou
04-28-2005, 07:08 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Lion attacked the girl and the boy slapped the Lion's paw and he just gave up.I would think if a Lion attacked you hitting his paw would not do to much to cause it to stop attacking you.But what do I know I never had the honor of being attacked by a Lion.

Mr Punch
04-28-2005, 07:13 AM
So would Royce choke the lion out?

We should have some old style gladiatorial UFCs...!

wdl
04-28-2005, 09:12 AM
I call bull****.

-Will

Ben Gash
04-29-2005, 04:26 AM
Predators tend to like their prey to act like prey, it confuses and upsets them if they're aggressively attacked. You ever seen that yogic guy who swims with bull sharks, and they don't attack him because his pulse and respiratory rate never go up, so they don't identify him as prey?

Vasquez
04-29-2005, 04:30 AM
Errrrr yup, if a buffalo is attacked it just says oh I'm prey lets the lion eat it hah. LOL on what you said.

WanderingMonk
04-29-2005, 06:38 AM
anyone from chile that can go check out the legitimacy of this story? I try to search through chilean news on google, but my spanish kung-fu is non-existent.

BibitClerus
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
well dude, for starters... the name "John" is rather the weird for Chile... he would have to be called Juan (in spanish... like in Chile) or Joćo (in portuguese... like in Brazil)

you can come to your own conclusions from there
:)

Becca
04-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Errrrr yup, if a buffalo is attacked it just says oh I'm prey lets the lion eat it hah. LOL on what you said.
True fact: to stop a bear from charging you, yell at it. Not as in swear at it, but stand still, face the bear, then raise your vouce and shout. It startles them. They won't attack because they have no idea what you are.

A bison will strugle, yes, but a loin would not attack a healthy bison in the first place. Bison are huge, and the average lion in this country is only about 200-250 lbs.

What Ben Gash said is true. Preditors like thier prey to act like prey. If you think about it, that's the principle behind most self-defence stratagies: Don't make yourself look or act like an easy mark, and the criminle will likely leave you alone. Fight like one of the hounds of he~ll and they will likely release you, if only for a moment.

red5angel
04-29-2005, 03:16 PM
True fact: to stop a bear from charging you, yell at it. Not as in swear at it, but stand still, face the bear, then raise your vouce and shout. It startles them. They won't attack because they have no idea what you are.

where did you get this information? I've always heard that you act play dead and hope for the best. You turn and make noise at a male bear and you may be making a big mistake.
BLACK bears tend to be shy enough that noise can chase them away. Browns, Kodiaks and Grizzlies tend to be extremely aggressive and I doubt this tactic would work very well.

Becca
04-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I had the pleasure of meating a wild life zooiligist who worked in Alaska studying bears. I did end up buying his book. I'll have to see if I still have it, and post a name. He said that playing dead workes about 50% of the time, which is about the same odds as yelling at one. But running never works. Nor does climeing a tree. :eek: ;)

PangQuan
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
throwing bloody red meat at them works all the time though.

at least it works when red5's mom is chasing me anyway.

BibitClerus
04-29-2005, 03:31 PM
just chop off a piece of your arm and throw it at him

Vasquez
04-29-2005, 10:22 PM

A bison will strugle, yes, but a loin would not attack a healthy bison in the first place. Bison are huge, and the average lion in this country is only about 200-250 lbs.

What Ben Gash said is true. Preditors like thier prey to act like prey. If you think about it, that's the principle behind most self-defence stratagies: Don't make yourself look or act like an easy mark, and the criminle will likely leave you alone. Fight like one of the hounds of he~ll and they will likely release you, if only for a moment.

You make me laugh. The bear might prod you a bit with it's claws like what they might try and do against a badger. Once it realises you don't have sharp teeth or claws of your own and bleed easily because you don't have a thick coat - i wonder what it'll do next.

Becca
04-30-2005, 06:53 AM
What experience are you basing that off of? I didn't realize they had that type of bear in Austrailia... :confused:

Vasquez
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
oh and i suppose you stand your ground against mountain lions everyday in colorado.

ninthdrunk
05-01-2005, 07:19 AM
I'm no expert...but I thought you were supposed to play dead for bears, and scream at mountain lions. You're supposed to make as much noise as possible and spread your arms to make yourself look as big and threatening as possible. Bears you just curl up, **** yourself and hope you smell rotten enough not to eat...or get buried.

Becca
05-01-2005, 07:54 AM
oh and i suppose you stand your ground against mountain lions everyday in colorado.
I quoted my source....

Vasquez
05-02-2005, 03:57 AM
I quoted my source....

haha funny that, they victim that gets eaten wouldn't be reporting the story. LOL on your logic.

PangQuan
05-02-2005, 08:55 AM
You stick your fingers in a mountain lions nose (at least thats what safety signs will tell you) and you play dead for a bear.

Personally I dont give a fukk, im gonna run. then im either going to find a boulder to climb, or a huge ass tree to run circles around.

but hopefully I will have either red5, his mom, or his wife to feed to the bear, then I will just walk away.

oh, or a nice gun.

Vasquez
05-03-2005, 05:05 AM
You stick your fingers in a mountain lions nose (at least thats what safety signs will tell you) and you play dead for a bear.

Personally I dont give a fukk, im gonna run. then im either going to find a boulder to climb, or a huge ass tree to run circles around.

but hopefully I will have either red5, his mom, or his wife to feed to the bear, then I will just walk away.

oh, or a nice gun.

I don't think you can outrun a bear or a mountain lion. Better chance if you plant a solid side kick.

Becca
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
M'kay. Here are some links to real advice on these topics...

General Advice About Lion Encounters
The general advice to avoid being eaten by a mountain lion is to travel in groups. If you encounter a mountain lion by yourself or with your children, stop, make yourself look as big as possible, and pick up small children and put them on your shoulders to make you appear even larger. Aggressively defend your position. The idea is to deter their attack by making them think that it isn't going to be easy for them. Pick up a branch or a rock to help fight them if needed. They are just big kitty-cats, so you don't want to appear as smaller prey to them. In particular, running away makes them think you are prey, and will encourage an attack. Yell for help by screaming cougar! or something similarly specific rather than just help!.

- http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

If you encounter an aggressive black bear, or mountain lion, react aggressively. Pick up the biggest stick you can find and fight for your life. Fight back aggressively. Black bears and mountain lions are predatory and have been known to stalk, or test humans and eat them if given the chance. On average, 3 people a year are killed and eaten by black bears in North America. Most of those deaths have occurred in the Great Smoky Mountains, and Canada, often with women napping or reading a book while their husbands were fishing nearby.

In a defensive attack, if a grizzly bear does charge it will probably be very fast and explosive:

Stay Calm

Be prepared for an encounter or emergency at any moment. Heading off into the backcountry thinking "it won't happen to me" , will only get you into trouble.

Never run or scream. Grizzly bears have been clocked at 35 miles per hour.......about 60 feet per second. You cannot out run a charging grizzly bear.

Climb a tree only if you have time. In most cases people who have tried to climb trees did not have enough time, and were dragged out of the tree they were attempting to climb. Grizzly bears have been observed climbing 30 feet into trees, so climb at least 31 feet :-). The average distance hikers have first noticed that there was a bear nearby prior to a charge is 14 feet! More on this

Stand your ground initially and see what the bear is going to do. If you are in a large group of 4 or more, stay together in a group mass to look larger.

There is some evidence that you should not look the bear directly in the eye, but look down and to the side, acting submissive keeping the bear in your vision. Wild animals communicate with body language. Any bear encountering larger, dominant adult bears move their heads to the side and slightly downward which is a sign of submission.

Dropping a hat or coat seems to work, while slowly backing up, IF you have the time, and there is some distance between you and the bear.

Talking softly seems to work very well and helps to diffuse the situation. A few individuals have had success at yelling and waving their arms, but the evidence suggests that you are better off staying calm and not yelling.

Never take your pack off. If later on you are forced to drop to the ground, you will want your pack on your back for protection, Plus, there is some evidence that bears can become conditioned when encountering hikers that panic and drop their packs at first sight of a bear and then raid those packs for food, making the next human encounter very dangerous for the next hikers.

In a defensive attack, if a grizzly bear does charge it will probably be very fast and explosive:

Stay Calm

- both can be found here http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/b_spray.html

Some other useful sites:

A Californa based site
http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

Arizona Game & Fish Department Site
http://www.gf.state.az.us/w_c/mtn_lion_tips.shtml

Colorado Division of Wildlife
http://www.wildlife.state.co.us/Education/mammalsguide/mountain_lion.asp

Vasquez
05-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Isn't it true that we are encroaching their territory. If so I don't see you having the moral high ground in attacking them with a stick. The bear's just being a bear.

Becca
05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Read it. Don't just skim through looking for flame material... :rolleyes:

Ben Gash
05-05-2005, 03:22 AM
...and we're top predators, so we're just being human attacking them with a stick :rolleyes:
Anyway, in answer to your earlier facetious post, a buffalo doesn't wait to be eaten, it runs ie PREY BEHAVIOUR

Vasquez
05-06-2005, 08:21 PM
...and we're top predators, so we're just being human attacking them with a stick :rolleyes:
Anyway, in answer to your earlier facetious post, a buffalo doesn't wait to be eaten, it runs ie PREY BEHAVIOUR

Yes it runs because of better chances of survival evolution has already weeded out those that stand and fight. IMOH the question have already been answered.