PDA

View Full Version : San Huang San

PangQuan
04-28-2005, 10:02 AM
So I am going to be making up my first batch of this herbal ice. I want to mix it with vasaline so I can just have it on hand when ever I need it or want to give it out.

the herb list I have is this:

Da huang
Huang qin
Huang bai
Pu gong ying
Zhi zi
Hong hua

I want to mix the powdered herbs with melted vasaline, should I mix the herbs with the vasaline until it is of the consistancy I want? Kind of like tiger balm consistancy?

Thanks for the answer if you have one.

FooFighter
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
You dont have to melt the vasaline. You can simply mixed. It should look like brown crap or fudge.

PangQuan
04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh ok, the recipie I have says to lightly melt it, I was guessing for easy mixing to get it even. But now that I think about it vasaline is pretty pliable anyhow.

PangQuan
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
should the consistancy be like that of a balm?

Oso
04-28-2005, 12:17 PM
use beeswax instead of the vaseline

better for you.

and don't put it next to the jar of vaseline...might mistake it in the middle of the night :eek:

PangQuan
04-28-2005, 12:50 PM
lol, so I would need to melt the beeswax right?

and if so, do I melt it to the point of liquid? and then how much would I want to add to the powdered herbs?

FooFighter
04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
You can use Emu Oil instead if you have the money. I personally had great success using emu oil mixed with san huang san powder. This medium is probably
better than beewax and vaseline. Because Emu Oil can absorb much better into the skin. I got the idea because "superblue" (www.bluestuff.com) is a product that I swear by work like magic and it too contains Emu Oil. Please go research Emu oil for yourself. By the way, you should check out Sifu Tom Bisio's "A Tooth From The Tiger's Mouth: How to to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warriors." (www.tombisio.com) To find how to make and apply San Huang San. Your San Huang San should be mud like and like a balm. I hope this helps.

Bao