PDA

View Full Version : Bruised Elbow

Vash
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, so, I caught a knee in my elbow. You know, the spot on the outside-left of the tip where the triceps tendon reaches. Yeah.

Anyway, it's a little swollen, so here's what I'm doing: first 48 hours, ice, next ice and heat, ibuprofen all the time, and moving through non-painful ROM.

'bout how long before that bruise is gone? I actually skipped th gym this morning because it hurt to bear resistance against the triceps. :(

Vasquez
04-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah, some proper conditioning as a beginner before going too hard into sparring would help. I've come across beginners who are really keen - good martial spirit - but inexperienced. take care Vash :cool:

Vash
04-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, some proper conditioning as a beginner before going too hard into sparring would help. I've come across beginners who are really keen - good martial spirit - but inexperienced. take care Vash :cool:

No amount of conditioning prepares the tendons to take a hard bone.

None that leaves you as sexy as me, anyway.

Vasquez
04-30-2005, 10:26 PM
knowledge of pressure points will help keep those zones covered. conditioning and proper use of tit da jow will do wonders in strengthening your tendons and bones.

Maybe these techiques will be taughed in the intermediate levels in your training. till then be patient and listen to your sifu's advice. Kung fu is a life time journey not a 100m sprint.

Toby
05-01-2005, 12:58 AM
You seem to be mistaking Vash for a beginner. Pretty sure he's not. In fact, pretty sure he knows a fair bit about his art.

Kristoffer
05-01-2005, 04:09 AM
this has happend to my forearms a couple of times. I find that putting ice/soak the area in cold water as fast as possible helps. Then (after an hour or more) put a warm towel/warm water on the area and apply liniment. Massaging the area is very painfull but work it as long as you feel comfy. When I do this the pain goes away within days, but without this treatment it can still be around weeks later.

So, get some boxing liniment. If it's even worse than this I think you should check it up just for safetys sake.

Vash
05-01-2005, 08:15 AM
You seem to be mistaking Vash for a beginner. Pretty sure he's not. In fact, pretty sure he knows a fair bit about his art.

Danka. Though, I wouldn't say I know a whole lot about Isshinryu Karate, I feel I have a decent grasp of the technical material. It's in my resisted application that I am very lacking.

this has happend to my forearms a couple of times. I find that putting ice/soak the area in cold water as fast as possible helps. Then (after an hour or more) put a warm towel/warm water on the area and apply liniment. Massaging the area is very painfull but work it as long as you feel comfy. When I do this the pain goes away within days, but without this treatment it can still be around weeks later.

So, get some boxing liniment. If it's even worse than this I think you should check it up just for safetys sake.

That's just about the same thing I did. it's fine now, except for some visible bruising a little bit of tightness.

Ralphie
05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Going through a tough tendon injury now, I'd say your doing the right thing. Another thing that I do in pt, is massage. Push the fluid up toward your shoulder. If you can, have some hottie physical therepist do it for you! It doesn't seem quite so painful then.

Vasquez
05-02-2005, 04:05 AM

Don't get me wrong. Vash is a maer with good potential imho. A bit of TCMA training will help him work through the pain.

Mr Punch
05-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Vash, I think what Vasquez means is if you do real internal pushups to cleanse your chi channels and work your biceps (and of cousre the muscles around your elbows) you won't injure your puny beginner's elbows.

So what kind of bull were you trained to fight Vasquez?

SevenStar
05-02-2005, 09:32 AM
vasquez is quite a character

Vasquez
05-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Vash, I think what Vasquez means is if you do real internal pushups to cleanse your chi channels and work your biceps (and of cousre the muscles around your elbows) you won't injure your puny beginner's elbows.

So what kind of bull were you trained to fight Vasquez?

Male cows. Bull fighting is quite a spacticle in Spain. There it is not just to kill the bull. if you have a gun, you can kill the bull, it's about culture and style although you may put yourself in danger, its about how close the hornes can come to you. There you win the praises of the sinoritas. Just as kung fu is about culture.

Mr Punch
05-03-2005, 08:13 AM
There's certainly an air of bull about you.

Vasquez
05-04-2005, 05:21 AM
There's certainly an air of bull about you.

don't get me wrong there're many things on the forum that disagree with my sifu. I'm trying to understand your point of view.

Vash
05-04-2005, 06:48 AM
don't get me wrong there're many things on the forum that disagree with my sifu. I'm trying to understand your point of view.

If it relates to weight training, chances are your instructor is wrong.

Now, I'm not saying he doesn't know kung fu. I'm saying, if his views of weight training are against what are considered the basics of resistance training as presented in this forum, then he is wrong about them.

Vasquez
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
If it relates to weight training, chances are your instructor is wrong.

Now, I'm not saying he doesn't know kung fu. I'm saying, if his views of weight training are against what are considered the basics of resistance training as presented in this forum, then he is wrong about them.

It's the traditional way, if i train differently I would be lerning a different style of kung fu. certain ways of training moulds the body to fit the type of kung fu.

Reggie1
05-04-2005, 07:48 AM
It's the traditional way, if i train differently I would be lerning a different style of kung fu. certain ways of training moulds the body to fit the type of kung fu.

What type of kung fu are you learning?

How did you end up in Austrailia from Spain?

Is there any chance you had some side trips into China? To train police?

I'm putting down money on the fact that Vasquez is BL's dad/uncle/brother/husband. Any takers?

Becca
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Nope. He's more than a little full of himself, but I see no covert Dim Mak worshiping, and his posts are always easy to read and follow. My money is on him being a good addition to the forrum once he realizes he probably doesn't know it all, and we are perfectly happy training our own way. :)

Vash
05-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Nope. He's more than a little full of himself, but I see no covert Dim Mak worshiping, and his posts are always easy to read and follow. My money is on him being a good addition to the forrum once he realizes he probably doesn't know it all, and we are perfectly happy training our own way. :)

Amen!

Of course, if I knew the internal method, I could throw a punch without my pecs contracting.

Vasquez
05-06-2005, 08:28 PM
What type of kung fu are you learning?
How did you end up in Austrailia from Spain?
Is there any chance you had some side trips into China? To train police?
I'm putting down money on the fact that Vasquez is BL's dad/uncle/brother/husband. Any takers?

I've read your post. Questions you ask is not about trying to learn more. You have bad intentions and that's not good.

Reggie1
05-07-2005, 06:43 AM
I've read your post. Questions you ask is not about trying to learn more. You have bad intentions and that's not good.

The last two questions were more of a joke. I'm actually really interested in what type of kung fu you know. No bad intentions or personal attacks, just geniune curiousity.

Vasquez
05-07-2005, 05:45 PM
The last two questions were more of a joke. I'm actually really interested in what type of kung fu you know. No bad intentions or personal attacks, just geniune curiousity.

I learn shaolin from a private teacher from china. But no joke - the mod was going to ban me if I say anything more about chi and dimmak. I'm not sure what else i can tell you in view of that.