View Full Version : VT in action clip

Ernie
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
http://media2.big-boys.com/files/oldmanfight.wmv

pulled this off another forum but cool to watch :D

the original thread said it was VT but i have no idea who the dude is

t_niehoff
04-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm sure it will spawn a soon-to-be, legendary "my sifu beat five people in a streetfight" story.

Xiao3 Meng4
04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
This clip was posted on the old Bullshido forum. The info there indicated that he was a Hung Gar practitioner.

Ernie
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm sure it will spawn a soon-to-be, legendary "my sifu beat five people in a streetfight" story.
ha ha , man i give props to the old guy he moved around , keep his space [except whe he got stuck in the middle ] and he even picked up some weapon or make shift weapon ] from the floor and went for his !
pretty good thinking , even with the cops there he still went out trying ha ha

most TMA sifu would have gone done off the first rush ;)

Ernie
04-29-2005, 11:27 AM
This clip was posted on the old Bullshido forum. The info there indicated that he was a Hung Gar practitioner.

like i said i didn't know were it came from , but it didn't have that arms swinging round and round like most hung gar ? guy kept his center and moved up right with a striagfht spine

guess all those big fancy motions don't really play in the real world ;)

Hungfutkune
05-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Thanks Ernie,

I always loved that video. It definetely looks like a basic Hung Gar Tiger block and strike that we learn during the begining of our training.

From what I remember from the first time I saw that clip, the reporter interviewed him after the squirmish and the defender told them he had studied a bit of Hung Gar when he was younger!!

Thanks for sharing!!

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-01-2005, 01:33 AM
was there a reference to the old folks v. five guys, aka "three brothers" rivalry up there somewheres?

I'll just open up this door right here and....rip out the back!!

Ernie
05-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks Ernie,

I always loved that video. It definetely looks like a basic Hung Gar Tiger block and strike that we learn during the begining of our training.

From what I remember from the first time I saw that clip, the reporter interviewed him after the squirmish and the defender told them he had studied a bit of Hung Gar when he was younger!!

Thanks for sharing!!

well looks like his training paid off :D

Matrix
05-01-2005, 12:16 PM
well looks like his training paid off :D
I don't know Ernie......
Those attackers looked like a bunch of scrubs to me. I doubt the guy could hold his own in a NHB or MMA event. ;) :D