PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Wing Chun!

KFO Admin
08-09-2000, 08:23 AM
Welcome To Wing Chun!

We have now added a forum dedicated to the art of Wing Chun. This forum is not affiliated with any organization, association or particular lineage. The goal is to provide a platform for the free and easy exchange of accurate and unbiased information about Wing Chun.

We invite all students, teachers, practitioners, researchers and those just simply interested in the art to join in the discussion with questions, answers and random thoughts.

We are seeking one or more moderators for this forum. If interested, please contact "admin@kungfuonline.com".

Thanks and Enjoy!

KFO Admin

Sihing73
08-09-2000, 03:34 PM
Thank you. Hopefully we will be able to make use of this new method for the exchange of information and the promotion of unity within our family. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Peace,

Dave

J.L.BLACKSTONE
08-09-2000, 05:53 PM
I HAVE DONE A LITTLE PRAYING MANTIS AND WITH PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE OF AIKIDO AND KARATE AND
BOXING I HAVE SYNTHESIZED IT ALL. IF ANYONE CAN GRASP THE PATTERN I HAVE DEVELOPED I WILL BE OBLIGED FOR INSIGHTS TO ABSORB SOME WING CHUN IN TO MY DAILY TRAINING. PEACE
LUKE.

flavour54
08-09-2000, 07:09 PM
WOOOWWWWWWWW A Wing Chun board, thanks KFOnline. The only way to learn Wing Chun is with an instructor but if you wanna sort of do Wing Chun it would be a video of the Wooden Dummy,a video of Chi sau,the book "Complete Wing Chun", and look up principles of Wing Chun either on the net or in other text as they are the guidlines of how to string your moves together. But thats the only depth I know. It gets more indepth I think but I am only a beginner as I have been doing it with an instructor for nearly 2 yrs.

------------------
"take the pebble from my hand"The old monk from the TV show"Kung Fu"

"I just go at it as best I can"
Benny the Legend.

flavour54
08-13-2000, 07:56 PM
Oh and I forgot, a Wooden Dummy.

Peace

totallyfrozen
08-17-2000, 11:19 AM
Although I have not ever studied Wing Chun.

I am glad it is so popular and alive. I highly admire the late Bruce Lee and am glad to see his original style alive and kicking (or punching as the case may be).

I currently study Ryukyu Kempo/Ryu Te. From what I have seen it is VERY similar to Wing Chun. In fact, it seems to be more similar to what I have seen of Wing Chun than even what I have seen of other karate styles. I haven't seen a wooden dummy in our dojo (we have another wooden post with pads but it's not the dummy) but I intend to get one and use it at home.
Last night in class my instructor began to teach me "sticky hand"...believe that or not! I was surprised that we "had that" but then again. Our grandmaster has said many times, there is only ONE martial art.

Anyway, I'm glad to see your system alive and out on its own and not being lost under the general heading of Kung-Fu. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
"There is only ONE martial art"

[This message has been edited by totallyfrozen (edited 08-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by totallyfrozen (edited 08-18-2000).]

WT
08-17-2000, 06:36 PM
When you say sticky hands are you talking about the exercise called kakie?
WT

benny
08-22-2000, 09:09 PM
how cool i had to be told about here as i had a shortcut straight to the kung fu forum and didnt know about this
see ya