PDA

View Full Version : Rotflol

ZIM
04-30-2005, 09:36 AM
* *****checker (~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)
* *****checker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined #stopHipHop
<*****checker> why do you kick me
<*****checker> can't you discus normally
<*****checker> answer!
<Elch> we didn't kick you
<Elch> you had a ping timeout: * *****checker (~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)
<*****checker> what ping man
<*****checker> the timing of my pc is right
<*****checker> i even have dst
<*****checker> you banned me
<*****checker> amit it you son of a *****
<HopperHunter|afk> LOL
<HopperHunter|afk> **** you're stupid, DST^^
<*****checker> shut your mouth WE HAVE DST!
<*****checker> for two weaks already
<*****checker> when you start your pc there is a message from windows that DST is applied.
<Elch> You're a real computer expert
<*****checker> shut up i hack you
<Elch> ok, i'm quiet, hope you don't show us how good a hacker you are ^^
<*****checker> tell me your network number man then you're dead
<Elch> Eh, it's 129.0.0.1
<Elch> or maybe 127.0.0.1
<Elch> yes exactly that's it: 127.0.0.1 I'm waiting for you great attack
<*****checker> in five minutes your hard drive is deleted
<Elch> Now I'm frightened
<*****checker> shut up you'll be gone
<*****checker> i have a program where i enter your ip and you're dead
<*****checker> say goodbye
<Elch> to whom?
<*****checker> to you man
<*****checker> buy buy
<Elch> I'm shivering thinking about such great Hack0rs like you
* *****checker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net) Quit (Ping timeout#)

link (http://www.totalillusions.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=328&st=0)

omarthefish
04-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Brilliant.

Although you need to really read the link to get it. The part you quoted doesn't do it justice. This is very nerdy humor by the way.

I don't have a firewall at all, only my router.

Technically....a router IS a firewall. A physical one. But that's beside the point. My first actual lol was when AFTER being told the guys ip was "129.0.0.1
or maybe 127.0.0.1" THEN AFTER entering it. . . he comes to the brilliant conclusion that there's a firewall. What kind of retard (in computer terms) doesn't recognize a router assigned IP like that?

Deleting the "D: drive" was precious too.

HearWa
04-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Wasn't this Slashdotted about a week ago? And haven't I seen this repeated about a billion times on bash.org? And aren't IRC logs just a little too off topic?

Shame on you. :mad:

ZIM
04-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Wasn't this Slashdotted about a week ago? And haven't I seen this repeated about a billion times on bash.org? And aren't IRC logs just a little too off topic?

Shame on you. :mad:
Don't read /. its a cesspool.

Thx for the condemnation, prissypants. ;)

David Jamieson
04-30-2005, 01:42 PM
127.0.0.1 is always teh local host of any system it is not a natted ip from a router.

natted ip's on home networks are usually something like 192.168.0.100 and so on with your router natting itself as 192.168.0.1 and all other compy's on teh network being assigned other addresses in that range from 100 up.

The router usually does have a firewall and also binds the actual ip to its mac address and sets itself up as the dhcp server to make your other systems clients on the network.

now, having said all that, the funny part is that the guy attacked his own system by putting in 127.0.0.1 which is the standard ip for everyones system and is known as "localhost".

that was a funny irc chat though and yes, it's nerdalicious.! :D

p.s yeah, I'm a nerd, wtf are you gonna do about it? eh? eh? that's right! :p

omarthefish
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I actually knew that. I realized I got my addresses mixed up after I posted. I did an IPCONFIG to check what my address was and realized my mistake. Mainly there's just a couple numbers that I get sensitive too, 192.168.0.xxx and 127.x.x.x.

It's been over a year since I had to do any real networking. Not like I was ever a real networker but the REAL networkers charge a LOT of money. There's 2 family businesses in my family and in both cases I got the job of setting up the networks. One of them was a real ***** because there was a combination of apple and PC's on the network plus a dos prompt database network used for the cashiers. The PC/apple thing was what really gave me a ***** and to this day I am not clear how I solved it. I just remember that they wern't recognizing each other so I would either get propigating IP's or IP conflicts. The whole thing would run fine at first and then just keep slowing down untill it was unusable.

FngSaiYuk
05-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Avoid taking computer networking advice from Martial Arts forums on the internet...

HearWa
05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Don't read /. its a cesspool.

Thx for the condemnation, prissypants. ;)
Sorry, I just have a really low tolerance for drudgery. :cool:

omarthefish
05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
lol @ FngSaiYuk.

True but then again, once you get familiar with a certain board you will realize there are some actual network engineers there. I've noticed a strangely high proportion of computer related prosesionals on the MA boards I frequent. I think it's got to do with the fact that it's the computer guys who tend to be online more. That and all those folks who run their own sites even.

The main thing is, there's no way in hell I am going to go through the bother of finding, registering for and then checking back frequently on some random computer related board just to get a quick question answered. I can't tell the idiots from the experts on a new board anyways and I basically just can't be bothered to keep up with a new board for the sake of just one question.