PDA

View Full Version : Noticed Any Strange Post Tsunami Weather Changes???

mickey
05-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Greetings,

Has anyone been noticing the strange weather these past few months? I have noticed:

1- increasing temperatures towards midnight; decreasing temperatures toward midday.

2- a 12 hour fog that the meteorologists would not talk about. The strange thing is not only its duration, but the stink smell that came with it. It carried with it very little moisture.

3- a 30 to 40 degree increase and then decrease in temperature drop in less than 10 days.

4- 10 to 15 degree differences in weather in a matter of seconds-- continually alternating between warm and very cool.

Concerned,

mickey

Royal Dragon
05-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Apocolyps...it's comming....

ZIM
05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
I've noticed that its spring. Not too odd, when you think about it.

joedoe
05-01-2005, 05:47 PM
It's spring?!?!?!?! So why is it getting so cold?

BibitClerus
05-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I have been noticing changes on the weather since... maybe 7 years ago or so, man.
Its been weird to me since that time.

Royal Dragon
05-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah, mee too. Chicago winters have NOT been as cold as they used to, and no where near as much snow as they used to be either.

As for the current situation, heck man, it's April. Temps are allways like this.

Becca
05-01-2005, 08:54 PM
It's spring?!?!?!?! So why is it getting so cold?
LOL! ;) Because the land of Oz ain't headed for summer, but winter. :eek: :D

joedoe
05-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Ahhhhh. I see. I always wondered about that. But how can we be headed for Winter if it is Spring? :D

Becca
05-01-2005, 09:00 PM
'Cause, you guys always do stuff beckwards. :rolleyes: ;) :D

All things aside, I seriously doubt the tsunami made any real changes, globally. There are global changes, but the tsunami as a product of shifting tecktonics, not global warming.

joedoe
05-01-2005, 09:12 PM
No, you are thunking uf thu Niw Zilenders. :D

We should get running water at our place any day now :D

I can see how it might be possible that it affects climate - a lot of land and vegetation was swept away by the tsunami - but i would not have thought it would be that drastic.

Becca
05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Hmmmm, you is understanding my badly typed post, well, grasshopper... I think I added one too many "globals" in there. :o

And I was referring to your stuborn need to have winder in July and summer durring Chrismas. And then you claim it's because you are on the southern side of the planet... :rolleyes: :cool:

joedoe
05-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Just because we refuse to conform to your northern concepts of when the seasons should be. :D

Becca
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Na. You guys' idea of the season is just like your. Just 180` 's all. Of cource the real irony is that it could all change with a slight shift in the planest axis... :eek:

joedoe
05-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I have to make one admission - cold weather during Christmas feels more right than hot weather, though that is partly due to the traditional Christmas fare (as set out by northerners). Having said that Christmas in Australia is nice - a big feast laden with fresh seafood, often followed by an afternoon at the beach :)

mickey
05-02-2005, 04:36 AM
The reason why I ask is because the erratic weather seems to suggest that the tsunami may have been the result of the detonation of a small nuclear device. Items one and two took place in January, by the way--shortly after that horrible event.

I was wondering whether people from across the country and the world are undergoing similar changes.

mickey

Mr Punch
05-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Where? If you're saying it wasn't an earthquake and it had been a nuke where the epicentre of the earthquake was supposed to have been, it would have been really obvious. And quakes are not so infrequent...

But as to the weather, it's already topping 30 over here, when even when I came here five years ago it was about 5 degs cooler. The temp has increased every year. Part of the reason this year is that last year they finished building a hyoooooge building complex right on Tokyo Bay causing a heat pocket directly behind and preventing the cooling effect of the sea breeze.

Otherwise it's just global warming. Which brings me back to STOP DRIVING BIG-ASS CARS UNLESS YOU NEED TO YOU SELFISH *****S! YOU'RE KILLING OUR KIDS!

Is that obnoxious enough?! :p ;) :rolleyes: I mean wtf does anyone have to do to get some common sense on this ****ing planet?

BTW, I haven't done any research on this and I don't know that any's been done, but does anyone have any clue if changes in the ambient atmospheric temperature and pressure could effect reactions in the Earth's crust causing more earthquakes and volcanos? Doesn't sound likely but... you never know... there have been a lot of quakes over here recently, but then, the Big One's overdue.

ZIM
05-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Otherwise it's just global warming. Which brings me back to STOP DRIVING BIG-ASS CARS UNLESS YOU NEED TO YOU SELFISH *****S! YOU'RE KILLING OUR KIDS!
No. I love driving over kids. :rolleyes:

Dude, it wasn't a nuke. Learn some earth science & ditch the tin hat.

Mr Punch
05-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I said it wasn't a nuke.

I learned earth sciences, and my hat has 'J' for 'jenius' on it.

ZIM
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I said it wasn't a nuke.

I learned earth sciences, and my hat has 'J' for 'jenius' on it.
Heh. I was only responding to you with that one bit, Mat. The rest was for mickey. Sorry for the confusion. :)

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Where? If you're saying it wasn't an earthquake and it had been a nuke where the epicentre of the earthquake was supposed to have been, it would have been really obvious. And quakes are not so infrequent...

But as to the weather, it's already topping 30 over here, when even when I came here five years ago it was about 5 degs cooler. The temp has increased every year. Part of the reason this year is that last year they finished building a hyoooooge building complex right on Tokyo Bay causing a heat pocket directly behind and preventing the cooling effect of the sea breeze.

Is that obnoxious enough?! :p ;) :rolleyes: I mean wtf does anyone have to do to get some common sense on this ****ing planet?

BTW, I haven't done any research on this and I don't know that any's been done, but does anyone have any clue if changes in the ambient atmospheric temperature and pressure could effect reactions in the Earth's crust causing more earthquakes and volcanos? Doesn't sound likely but... you never know... there have been a lot of quakes over here recently, but then, the Big One's overdue.

dude, its said that if every person in the world lived with the same standards of consuming like teh americans we would need 6 worlds to provide with all the resources.

ZIM
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
dude, its said that if every person in the world lived with the same standards of consuming like teh americans we would need 6 worlds to provide with all the resources.
Hence the space program. :)

ewallace
05-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but teh americans aren't real americans. Kinda like the whole shaolin-do thing. :D

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Hence the space program. :)

its not working
we dont know if it can be really done
but i still believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn
faith is everything

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, but teh americans aren't real americans. Kinda like the whole shaolin-do thing. :D

Thats true...
Me myself am, technically only partially american (south) myself... maybe some 10% ?

PangQuan
05-02-2005, 01:02 PM
25% american 70% invading europian 5% nosey asian.

mickey
05-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Greetings,

I was looking for some global changes. Since there don't seem to be any, I will crawl back into my hole.

Thank you for sharing your time and wisdom.

mickey

SimonM
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
It's May second and we got snow today.

I have to get out of this cold-ass country.

joedoe
05-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Greetings,

I was looking for some global changes. Since there don't seem to be any, I will crawl back into my hole.

Thank you for sharing your time and wisdom.

mickey

It is hard to say if the weather has been funny because of the tsunami. Right now the weather is unseasonably warm, but that could be for any reason.

Becca
05-02-2005, 08:10 PM
The weather is warmer in some places amd cooler in some places. Colorado is a bit below average temps, but every few years, we get this type of weather. Usually our springs are wet earlier, and by now we are starting to dry out, but usually we also get a couple good spring blizzards in April, but didn't get them this year. I guess I would be worried, but it actually does this weather patern swap every 5-7 years. Remember about ten years ago when the "big thing" was El Nino?

Mr Punch
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Remember about ten years ago when the "big thing" was El Nino?Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that 2 years ago? And believe me, El Nino will continue to be a big thing... just because the media's got bored of it don't think it's gonna go away (or rather pray it doesn't go away!!! :D ).

Remember 20 years ago there was a huge famine in Ethiopia that the media and charity groups couldn't get enough of? Well guess what, it's still going on! (Not saying that that is directly connected to climate change right now, but there are contributing factors)...

Don't confuse media fickleness with the existance of a problem.

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
teh El Nino comes and goes... but the changes we are seeing on the temp are not normal, Becca.
i think it was La Nina 2 years ago... i remember El Nino about 10 years yeah... i even did some stuff on schoo about it.
We did like a sciene project and then people would come into the schoo and each group would explain their stuff to the peeps and all.
We'd be like 2 whole days doing this i think.
It was pretty good... i think i was 13 or 14?
I remember we collected money and some of us bought some alkyhol and we drank while no teacher or whatever would notice us.
Some kids were doing stuff about music... i went there and played a bit of bass with them. It was the only time in my life i played a bass guitar... all i did was play a Nirvana thing... then a bunch of people started gathering around... i though WTF? I tried Black Sabbath's Iron Man but the drummer didnt know that one. We stopped in a little while... cos this Schoo Manager woman came to curse us for playing loud and stuff.
Its not like we were even playing, cos we didnt know how to play really. Stupid old ***** ****ing Manager. I always hated that ****.
One time i was mkaing some drawing on a paper. That **** seen it and went "OOOH YOU MARCOS DRAWING SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!"
Man... i was drawing a dog. And the stupid **** thought it was a person in doggie position. WTF
LOOK AT ME NOW!! LOOK WHAT THE SCHOOL HAS TURNED ME INTO!!! A SICK ADULT!!

oh man :(

Becca
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes:
I was referring to the big fuss everybody made about it 10 yeears ago... I remember wating people buy upp all the bottled water they could find because they were convinced it would cause the mother of all hurricanes. (I live in Kaneoe Bay, Hi at the time)

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 09:24 PM
that has got nothign to do with my Teenage-hood traumas, Becca. Stop going off-topic please.

i think i was either 14 or 15 actually

joedoe
05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
El Nino and La Nina are cyclical aren't they?

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
yep, they are.

norther practitioner
05-02-2005, 10:02 PM
It's May second and we got snow today.

I have to get out of this cold-ass country.

Here too...