PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Kung Fu joke or comedy?

SPJ
05-02-2005, 12:10 PM
I have been laughing with Stephen Chow in his movies since the 1990's.

People do not know that in each of his movies, there is a legendary or not real style featured.

There is a one called A flying god in the sky or Tian Wai Fei Xian. This style only existed in novels or did it? He acted as a imperial bodyguard number 8 or A Ba for short. It is the same sound as father in Chinese. He was no good in Kung Fu, but he got the book and studied it. He also put a character dressed like an Alien. So Tian Wai Fei Xian means ET?

The movies was called Da Ming Nei Tan or imperial spy from Ming.

Shaolin soccer is about Shaolin kicking, light step, iron head, iron clothes and Qin Na Shou etc. They used the skills against the steroid pumped team. The soccer is only a backdrop or a stage.

Kung Fu Hustle actually featured the Buddha Palm or Ru Lai Fo Zhang. This style is legendary or is it? The streets and gang stories are only a stage or backdrop. What he tried to tell is a story about the Buddha Palm. The legend said it a palm from the sky. The toad headbutt is called Tong Tian Din or push upward to the sky.

In the end of the movie, the high person disguised as a beggar showed the girl more boxing books of more styles. So the question is which style will be featured in his next movie.

What is your favorite Kung Fu joke or comedy?

:D

ewallace
05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Red5Angel.

PangQuan
05-02-2005, 12:17 PM
red5angel.

ZIM
05-02-2005, 12:21 PM
"You're doing it wrong."

/said after being hit

SaekSan
05-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I've always been a fan of Stephen Chow, hence my handle SaekSan (God of Cookery) my favorite of his.

One of my favorite lines from that movie is:

"the folding chair is ranked highest among the seven weapons!"

Also his super strong right arm in Fists of Fury '91, the "Beggar Style" in King of Beggars and the "Fire and Wind Wheel" from Love on Delivery.

He always has a little funny homage to Bruce Lee in his films.

Stephen Chow Hou Yeah!!

:)

SPJ
05-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Here is a link:

Zhou Xing Chi (http://www.kungfucinema.com/people/stephen_chow_sing_chi.htm)

Waxwood rod
05-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Favorite kung fu joke?

Tai chi

2nd favorite: Wing Chun community

Mighty Mungbean
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
So, I was walking through the park the other day at lunch and I come across this Taiji guy getting mugged. I would have stuck around to see how the fight turned out...but I only had an hour for lunch. (rimshot) :D

Mo Lung
05-02-2005, 10:40 PM
What's the hardest thing about learning Tai Chi?

Telling your family that you're gay.

Boom-TIIISSHHH!

SaekSan
05-03-2005, 06:04 AM
What do you get by practicing Tai Chi Chuan (insert any ma name here)?

Made fun of.

:D

WanderingMonk
05-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Kung Fu Hustle actually featured the Buddha Palm or Ru Lai Fo Zhang. This style is legendary or is it?

ru lai fo zhang is a famous hk martial art comic series from the 80s. The first 80+ issues were a re-write of Jin yong's "Yi tian tu long ji", it substituted "jiu yang shen gong" with "ru lai shen zhang". then, the author ad lib for the next 400 some more issues.

http://www.ivan-ho.com/yuklong/80_files/t-palm.jpeg
http://www.ivan-ho.com/yuklong/80_files/t-palmus.jpeg
chinese links
http://www.ivan-ho.com/yuklong/80.htm

Mojo
05-03-2005, 03:25 PM
q. What's the difference between Kung-fu and Kung pow chicken ?

a. Kung-fu takes hard work
Kung pow takes hot wok

David Jamieson
05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
A buddhist monk walks up to a hotdog stand and says: "make me one with everything".

part II---

Monk pays the vendor with a twenty dollar bill and gets his hotdog. after eating it, he says to the vendor: "Hey I gave you a twenty, where's my change?"

To which the hotdog vendor replies:

"Change comes from within"

bada boom tisshhhhh.

SPJ
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Yi Tian Tu Long Ji is one of my favorite, too.

But I like Ce Diao Yin Xiong Zhuan better.

Here is a link to a video made by China TV corps.

Yi Tian Tu Long Ji (http://www.worldvideo.com/product.asp?productId=40)

Waxwood rod
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
A billion Chinese can't all be wong.

cerebus
05-04-2005, 12:09 AM
And, unfortunately, they are seldom ever Wright. :D

Vasquez
05-04-2005, 05:33 AM
And, unfortunately, they are seldom ever Wright. :D

Jackie chan humour gets a little silly

ewallace
05-04-2005, 06:26 AM
A buddhist monk walks up to a hotdog stand and says: "make me one with everything".

part II---

Monk pays the vendor with a twenty dollar bill and gets his hotdog. after eating it, he says to the vendor: "Hey I gave you a twenty, where's my change?"

To which the hotdog vendor replies:

"Change comes from within"

bada boom tisshhhhh.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36251&p=599008

Not that I actually came up with that one.

David Jamieson
05-04-2005, 06:45 AM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36251&p=599008

Not that I actually came up with that one.

no...no you didn't, and I didn't claim original either. I heard this joke ages ago, i have no idea where it came from. BUt it is one of the only sort of , kind of kungfu jokes i can think of, besides the "telling your parents you are gay" one above, but that was already taken. :D It is also funny. heh heh

ewallace
05-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Yeah, it's just odd because I heard it for the first time shortly before I posted it.

SPJ
05-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Here is a quote from Wu Xia forum about skills in "Kung Fu hustle".

- Firstly, the old begger that tricks Sing into buying the martial arts manual is played by non other than Yuen Cheung yan, brother of the renowned Yuen Wo Ping. He's also a skilled choreographer himself and has appeared in numerous Hong Kong martial arts film.

- One of the powerful skills practiced by the Landlady where she delivers a shattering roar is actually a skill practised by a character called Golden maned Lion Lord in a very well known wuxia novel called ( Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre ). He is one of 4 extremely skilled martial artists from which forms a puglistic sect of whom each possesses a distinctive skill, the other 3 being White eyebrowed Eagle Lord, Green Bat Lord, Purple Dragon Lord, all translating loosely. Their original Chinese names sound alot cooler of course.
Another skill she uses when chasing Sing at breakneck speed is a tribute to yet another skill in ( 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon, see below ) called Ling Bo Wei Bu ( a non offensive skill that allows the practicer to move at very fast speed ie very good qinggoing )

- One of the skills used by the Landlady's husband is of course the renowned Taiji Quan ( the simple theory behind this skill lies in counterattacking your opponents with their own attacks, well illstrated in the film ), a real life martial arts, the founder of whom is Zhang Sanfeng, also a character himself in a famous wuixa novel called 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon, of which is a prequel to Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. ( mentioned above ).

- The very destructive skill used by the 2 assassins ( using the Chinese musical instrument Guzhen or Qin ) was probably derived from a well know Hong Kong martial arts filmed called Tian Mo Qin ( loosely translating as the Heaven Demonic Qin ), where a powerful martial artists uses the Qin as her weapon, unleashing waves of killer Chi while playing the instrument.

- The skill used by the Beast at the end of the film is of course the Toad Stance, used by again, 1 of four highly skilled martial artists in the film Legend of the Condor Heroes ( also a prequel to Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre mentioned above ) of whom are translating loosely again, Western Poison, Eastern Evil, Southern and Northern Begger.

- The skill used by Sing is the very well known Wan Fuo Ru Lai Shen Zhang, translating as the Ru Lai Palm of the 10000 Buddha's. In a Hong Kong remake of a film with this name the main adversary of the person who practices Rulai Shen Zhang is Tian Can Jiao, or Heavenly Cicada Legs, a powerful skill unleashed with kicks and is played by the same actor who plays the Landlady's Husband.

- At the end of the film, when the begger again tries to sell some martial arts manuals to a befuddled kid, those manuals are actually a collection of some of the most powerful martial art skills found in several very well known novels, namely

- Stance of the 9 Suns ( the most powerful skill in the novel Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. )

- Yi Yang Zhi ( A very powerful skill used by a few puglists in 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon )

- Dugu Jiu Jian ( A very powerful swordsplay skill used in the novel and film of the same name Swordsman )

- I missed out on 2 more of them, who knows ?

And lastly, though the 3 villagers that defended the townspeople did not yield any supernaturally powerful skills, they are real martial arts ie the Qiang ( the spear, a derivative of the pole used by Shaolin Monks ), and Nanquan BeiTui, ie Southern Fists and Northern Kicks, a term used to describe the people who practice martial arts in China, where the South is well known for its Fist attacks and the North for its Kicks.

That's all I know folks. Those who do know more please add in, and correct me where I'm wrong ! Hope the information was a little entertaining ! :]

End of quote.

yeshe
05-08-2005, 09:42 PM
How many kung fu guys does it take to do a form?

Four, one to do the form and three to stand around and say"I could have done
that better."
'

TonyM.
05-09-2005, 09:34 AM
The hotdog joke came from kung fu -the legend continues. (I admitted to knowing that, where's my icepick?)
Here's one from Mad, circa 1970's.
A billion chinese walk into a bar and order a beer. After a long silence the bartender finally can't stand it any more ans says "Gee, we don't get many Chinese in here." Then the spokesman for the chinese says "With that attitude of hedonistic imperealism you probably won't get many more."

Vasquez
05-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Here is a quote from Wu Xia forum about skills in "Kung Fu hustle".

- Firstly, the old begger that tricks Sing into buying the martial arts manual is played by non other than Yuen Cheung yan, brother of the renowned Yuen Wo Ping. He's also a skilled choreographer himself and has appeared in numerous Hong Kong martial arts film.

- One of the powerful skills practiced by the Landlady where she delivers a shattering roar is actually a skill practised by a character called Golden maned Lion Lord in a very well known wuxia novel called ( Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre ). He is one of 4 extremely skilled martial artists from which forms a puglistic sect of whom each possesses a distinctive skill, the other 3 being White eyebrowed Eagle Lord, Green Bat Lord, Purple Dragon Lord, all translating loosely. Their original Chinese names sound alot cooler of course.
Another skill she uses when chasing Sing at breakneck speed is a tribute to yet another skill in ( 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon, see below ) called Ling Bo Wei Bu ( a non offensive skill that allows the practicer to move at very fast speed ie very good qinggoing )

- One of the skills used by the Landlady's husband is of course the renowned Taiji Quan ( the simple theory behind this skill lies in counterattacking your opponents with their own attacks, well illstrated in the film ), a real life martial arts, the founder of whom is Zhang Sanfeng, also a character himself in a famous wuixa novel called 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon, of which is a prequel to Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. ( mentioned above ).

- The very destructive skill used by the 2 assassins ( using the Chinese musical instrument Guzhen or Qin ) was probably derived from a well know Hong Kong martial arts filmed called Tian Mo Qin ( loosely translating as the Heaven Demonic Qin ), where a powerful martial artists uses the Qin as her weapon, unleashing waves of killer Chi while playing the instrument.

- The skill used by the Beast at the end of the film is of course the Toad Stance, used by again, 1 of four highly skilled martial artists in the film Legend of the Condor Heroes ( also a prequel to Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre mentioned above ) of whom are translating loosely again, Western Poison, Eastern Evil, Southern and Northern Begger.

- The skill used by Sing is the very well known Wan Fuo Ru Lai Shen Zhang, translating as the Ru Lai Palm of the 10000 Buddha's. In a Hong Kong remake of a film with this name the main adversary of the person who practices Rulai Shen Zhang is Tian Can Jiao, or Heavenly Cicada Legs, a powerful skill unleashed with kicks and is played by the same actor who plays the Landlady's Husband.

- At the end of the film, when the begger again tries to sell some martial arts manuals to a befuddled kid, those manuals are actually a collection of some of the most powerful martial art skills found in several very well known novels, namely

- Stance of the 9 Suns ( the most powerful skill in the novel Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. )

- Yi Yang Zhi ( A very powerful skill used by a few puglists in 8 Steps of the Heavenly Dragon )

- Dugu Jiu Jian ( A very powerful swordsplay skill used in the novel and film of the same name Swordsman )

- I missed out on 2 more of them, who knows ?

And lastly, though the 3 villagers that defended the townspeople did not yield any supernaturally powerful skills, they are real martial arts ie the Qiang ( the spear, a derivative of the pole used by Shaolin Monks ), and Nanquan BeiTui, ie Southern Fists and Northern Kicks, a term used to describe the people who practice martial arts in China, where the South is well known for its Fist attacks and the North for its Kicks.

That's all I know folks. Those who do know more please add in, and correct me where I'm wrong ! Hope the information was a little entertaining ! :]

End of quote.

reminds me of how grasshopper learns his lessons in kung fu.