PDA

View Full Version : How much jow is enough?

phantom
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Many people claim you should be very liberal in your use of dit da jow, because if you do not use enough, it will not remove all of the damage from your body. Some people claim you should use enough jow to cover the particular body part three times. However, some people have gotten allergic reactions as a result of using too much jow, some even to the point where they cannot use any kind of jow ever again. So how much jow is enough to remove the damage without risking an allergic reaction? Thanks in advance.

Dale Dugas
05-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Depends on what your doing. If Im massaging an injury than I would apply and massage at least twice a day for a week.

If your talking about Iron Palm, then you should be covering your hands like your washing them in the jow and rub it in until its absorbed by the hand.

Hope this helps,

Dale

phantom
05-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks again. What about for other conditioning methods like wooden dummy, golden bell, brass rings, tree training, shin and forearm work on heavy bags and pads, etc.? I assume you would apply the jow as if you were washing in it as well? Thanks in advance.

IronFist
05-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I've had better luck with Arnica gel than with jow as far as bruise removal goes.

Becca
05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I use as much as I need to ease the pain. Some times this is alot, especially for an injured joint. For bruising, I use it as a lubricant while rubbing it out, then apply it twice daily after that untill the bruise is no longer painfull to touch. For training, I will put it on thick without rubbing it in just prior to a drill and fequently reapplying it durring and after, to minimize the chance of injury.

But I don't use it for mose injuries. I prefer Red Flower Oil for this. But it does not work for every one. Another good one to use, if all you have is some nerve pain or a head ache from a head hit, is lavender oil mixed 3 drops to 8 oz. of aloe gel. or 1/2 tea spoon to 1 quart water then sprayed on with an atomizer.

David Jamieson
05-03-2005, 05:55 AM
crappy jow, use more.

good jow, use less.