PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new here!

Doktormartini
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey everybody! I've been an avid reader of the magazine for awhile, and now I just signed up for the forums. I am hoping that, by going here, my knowledge of the Chinese martial arts, and overall Chinese culture will increase. Here's a little information about me:

I'm 18 and I live in Northern Illinois. My interests are (in no order): Music, reading/writing, computers, video games, kung-fu, China/Japan, learning Russian, history, mythology, walking, and kids.

The thing I love most in my life is music, and without it, I would die (not literally...lol)

Anyways...as for the kung-fu goes, I am not officially training at a school right now, as all the places by me are either Karate or Tae-kwondo, which, in my opinion, are gay compared to the Chinese arts. The styles I am interested in taking are Tai Chi (chen style) and any animal style.

That's it for my little biography. I hope everyone here is friendly and welcoming, and that this is an overall great place to be. Thanx!

joedoe
05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. Remember not to feed the trolls

ewallace
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. Remember not to feed the trolls
Or the troll hunters.

Welcome to the forum. It's somewhat like hotel california. :)

BibitClerus
05-02-2005, 03:26 PM
hello dude

its not too late to turn back

PangQuan
05-02-2005, 03:49 PM
RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!

j/k

welcome

beware the red5

Chief Fox
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey everybody! I've been an avid reader of the magazine for awhile, and now I just signed up for the forums. I am hoping that, by going here, my knowledge of the Chinese martial arts, and overall Chinese culture will increase. Here's a little information about me:

I'm 18 and I live in Northern Illinois. My interests are (in no order): Music, reading/writing, computers, video games, kung-fu, China/Japan, learning Russian, history, mythology, walking, and kids.

The thing I love most in my life is music, and without it, I would die (not literally...lol)

Anyways...as for the kung-fu goes, I am not officially training at a school right now, as all the places by me are either Karate or Tae-kwondo, which, in my opinion, are gay compared to the Chinese arts. The styles I am interested in taking are Tai Chi (chen style) and any animal style.

That's it for my little biography. I hope everyone here is friendly and welcoming, and that this is an overall great place to be. Thanx!

Just so I can get this straight, you hope everyone here is friendly and yet you just called all karate and tae-kwondo practioners gay. And you're not "officially" training right now but the styles you're interested in are Chen Tai Chi and ANY animal style. So it doesn't really matter what style, as long as it's named after an animal. Ok, I think I got it.

Looks like you'll fit in fine. Welcome.

HearWa
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Congradulations on popping your cherry.

I know that's a dumb thing to say, but that's how I was initiated into this zoo and I am not one for spoiling a tradition.

Doktormartini
05-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanx all for welcoming me. Seems like a cool place here!

you hope everyone here is friendly and yet you just called all karate and tae-kwondo practioners gay.
Didn't call the practioners gay, just their style. It's not really that gay, just doesn't interest me that much.

joedoe
05-02-2005, 06:46 PM
To be fair, TKD is kinda gay

Just kidding :D

Vash
05-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Karate or Tae-kwondo, which, in my opinion, are gay compared to the Chinese arts.

First, I've done ATA for about 4 years back when you were gestating. That sucked more donkeyballs than Red5 in Mexico.

Did Tae Kwon Do with a fireplug of a man for about 2 years. I still use many of the learning techniques and strategies he taught me.

I've done Isshinryu Karate for 5 years. We learn to apply each and every technique of our forms to resisting opponents.

I consider you a resisting opponent. Therefore, I shall drag you into the showers, sodomize you, and hand you a beer. :eek:

Welcome to KFTC forum, *****.

:D

Doktormartini
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Therefore, I shall drag you into the showers, sodomize you, and hand you a beer
Make that a coke and it will be fine. I don't drink!

joedoe
05-02-2005, 07:00 PM
So you are fine with being sodomised? Oooooookaaaaaaay.

Vash
05-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Make that a coke and it will be fine. I don't drink!

Nor do I. I am rather tempted now, since you don't seem to mind the sodomy of your butt.

SimonM
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Doctormartini, some advice from somebody who does some animal form kung fu as well as some Chen Taiji:

Name and form, name and form.

What a martial art is called is less important than two things: a good student and a good teacher. Now I am not personally very fond of TKD however I learned long ago not to generalize too much; considering some of the things the average McKwoon gets flack on if I had I would never have come to Kung Fu and would probably be very happily rolling around on the floor with the BJJ guys right now. Get your priorities straight, videogames should not rank higher than martial arts on your list of interests if you intend to progress. Get into a dojo or a dojyang. Look around at the various schools, read the "how to spot a McDojo" type threads you can find on ANY martial arts forum, and join whatever school you can reach that looks best.

Don't sit in a chair watching Jet Li do wire fu and playing Jade Empire all day, do Kung Fu instead.

Doktormartini
05-02-2005, 08:09 PM
videogames should not rank higher than martial arts on your list of interests if you intend to progress
they don't because, as it says before the list starts, IN NO ORDER! I do practice all I can, at least what I know. I took a Brazillian Ju-Juitsu class a couple years ago, was ok, but didn't like it that much.

WanderingMonk
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
First, welcome,

second, rules of the game,

don't give out too much personal info.
never announce yourself as new (attract too much attention), just hang around and get with the flow.
don't attract attention to yourself. see previous

finally,

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. -- Dante's Inferno

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-03-2005, 12:13 AM

you can touch me ... if you want.

PangQuan
05-03-2005, 08:37 AM
You want animal?

Shaolin.

SevenStar
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
edited so that MY can slay the new meat with her rapier wit and scathing sarcasm

Ming Yue
05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Seven,

did you have to step in and be all reasonable and even tempered and informative just as I was preparing to slay the new meat with my rapier wit and scathing sarcasm??

dang it, it's a good thing you're cute or I'd be mad at you.
:cool:

SevenStar
05-03-2005, 11:09 AM
sorry bout that boo, slay away. ;)

SimonM
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Sorry, misread one line. :)

Ming Yue
05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
lol... :o

Aww...that was sweet, but now all the mean has gone out of me anyway.

I throw the new guy back to the exceptionally capable KFM wolves.

:)

FuXnDajenariht
05-03-2005, 12:10 PM
*roof*................*roof*

thats my best impression of a wolf....you should so be trembling now....

welcome to the forum bro. :D you didn't heed the warnings so now your officially initiated into the crew.......everyone has permission ta 'F' with ya now. :D :D

just remember not to take yourself or anything anyone says too seriously and you'll come out of this with your sanity. ;)

PangQuan
05-03-2005, 12:17 PM
If your web-fu is strong you may even gleam a slight bit of useful information too. :D

BibitClerus
05-03-2005, 03:12 PM
why is the dude being rapiered?
he was being a nice, cool and charming person

you americans always hurting people

Doktormartini
05-03-2005, 06:11 PM
LOL this welcome post turned into something quite strange...

joedoe
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Get used to it. That is par for the course on this forum. My theory is that it emits some sort of radiation that causes mutation in threads.

Vash
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been to where they filmed Deliverance. I'll make you squuuueeeeeel. :)

FuXnDajenariht
05-03-2005, 11:41 PM
hey i feel left out. im cute too :D

someone flirt with me.

joedoe
05-03-2005, 11:44 PM
OK, I'll sodomise you :D

FuXnDajenariht
05-03-2005, 11:58 PM
lol dude... not before dinner. you gotta feed me first ta get in my pants. kinda person do you think i am? :p

joedoe
05-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I know exactly what kind of person you are, so quit yapping and bend over :D

FuXnDajenariht
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
im not a wh0re damm!t :D

joedoe
05-04-2005, 12:07 AM
No, you are a s1ut. A wh0re does it for money, a s1ut does it for free. Now quit yapping. :D

FuXnDajenariht
05-04-2005, 12:22 AM
geeez....you coulda atleast took me out for some steak. dudes dont know how ta treat a guy these days... :rolleyes:

lol ok maybe i am a s1ut but my girlfriend would be ****ed so i can't....she has knockers and stuff. and the best part is her a.ss isn't hairy.