PDA

View Full Version : FREE Tickets to UNLEASHED sneak preview!

GeneChing
05-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine and Tiger Claw is pleased to be holding 5 sneak preview screenings of UNLEASHED next week. The first will be May 11th at 7:30 in San Francisco, CA. The other four will be May 12th at 7:30 in Union City CA, Tampa FL, Hanover MD, and Knoxville TN. Unleashed opens on Friday, May 13th. It's all part of a benefit we are doing through our non-profit branch, The Tiger Claw Foundation, for Jet Li's new ONE Foundation, an international relief organization inspired by Jet's near death tsunami experience in Maldives. If you go to TigerClawFoundation.org (http://www.tigerclawfoundation.org), you can also enter to win an Unleashed poster autographed by Jet Li.
If you are near any of our showings, I have a limited amount of tickets reserved for forum members here. Email me at gene@kungfumagazine.com - include your name and mailing address and make the subject of the email "UNLEASHED". Ticket winners will be selected at random and notified via email. See you at Unleashed!

GeneChing
05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Your odds are pretty good to get into the show at this point. We're doing first come, first serve for the first few seats. Email me with your address! :cool:

norther practitioner
05-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey man, way to hit the big markets... :p

Shaolinlueb
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
****, too bad i wont be in cali or else id go.

GeneChing
05-05-2005, 09:50 AM
You know, it's funny, we actually had one master cuss us out for not holding a screening in his area - ah, masters... :rolleyes:

Our locations were based on our own logistics. SF and Union City are for our west coast office. Knoxville is our east coast. Tampa and Hanover were chosen by our TN office for several reasons - mostly they are markets that we have a lot of support in and we had the most people there that we wanted to thank. I wasn't involved in that decision and have no clue about the east coast markets. I am running the SF and Union City shows, and we have plenty of friends here to take care of. We actually got bumped out of the SF Metreon on Thursday because Lucas bought it out for the premiere benefit for Star Wars. Actually, that works out better for us, because we don't have to split our staff to cover the show.

Please keep in mind, this is all a Tiger Claw Foundation benefit for Jet Li's ONE Foundation. We're putting this on, not only to promote Unleashed, but to do some ever needed charity work. If you don't do charity work, you are unworthy to call yourself a martial artist. So, even if you can't make it to one of our screenings, you can support this effort by spreading the word and donating to our raffle at http://www.tigerclawfoundation.org

GeneChing
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Since only a few of you are in reach of these theaters, there's a good chance you'll get in if you enter - buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut - you must follow the directions. Email me at gene@kungfumagazine.com. Give your name and address and title the email "UNLEASHED". No PMs and no emails without said information will be honored. Thanks and hope to see you at the show!!

SimonM
05-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Gah! Offer free tickets in London, Ontario, Canada or Lishi, Shanxi, China! ;)

GeneChing
05-06-2005, 11:10 AM
I wish we could, man, I wish we could. It's actually quite a task to offer what we have offered. We aren't in the theater business and some of my fellow employees are going into conniptions about this. :rolleyes: But it'll be a lot of fun, I'm sure. Also, don't forget, the raffle for the Jet Li autographed UNLEASHED posters is international - everyone can participate - see www.tigerclawfoundation.org and donate now! :D

norther practitioner
05-06-2005, 11:23 AM
geez, I'm just jokin' around....

Have fun with it...

GeneChing
05-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I knew Simon was too. That Master wasn't tho. He was totally serious. Why didn't we cater just to him? He also demanded that he would only participate if his school could do a big demo first. Some people... :rolleyes: But for the sake of the forum, and somewhat in response to your questions, yes, there is a reason why we are doing the preview where we are doing them.

Some day, there will be Kung Fu Tai Chi stores in every strip mall of the nation, all serviced by nacho ninjettes, and I will be emperor. But until then, we gotta do the shows close to home. ;)

norther practitioner
05-06-2005, 01:13 PM
It's all good..

But seriously.. if you want to do a Denva thing, let me know...

GeneChing
05-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, we just launched our fundraising auction - see UNLEASHED poster autographed by Jet Li on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32989&item=7514129916&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW). Starting bid, $25. :cool:

SimonM
05-06-2005, 08:18 PM
No, I'm serious, sneak preview that big-name movie in a smallish city in north-western China not at some posh big city do! :p ;) :p

Actually on anoter note Gene, have you ever been anywhere near the western edge of Shanxi province? What's it like apart from the coal dust, sand dust, cold winters, flooding rivers, noodles, dirty cities and thousands of years of nearly perfectly preserved history? ;)

GeneChing
05-09-2005, 09:33 AM
...it's not really high on my list of places to go in China next.

This is the week of the premieres. We're pretty excited. I hope some more of you can make it out to the shows. :cool:

Starchaser107
05-09-2005, 02:03 PM
those tickets would really fly off the shelves if it were open to the midwest and the east coast and

ahem

jamaica.

Lu Bu
05-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey Gene-

Is your TN office in Knoxville?

GeneChing
05-10-2005, 09:04 AM
All of our theaters are full except for Hanover MD and Union City CA. A lot of people in MD say they don't want to deal with the traffic (but in SF we have people coming from LA, Sacto and Angel's Camp, so they're just wimps). Union City, which is right by this office, just learned that instead of 100 seats, we have 158 seats, so 58 seats just opened up in Union City.

The East Coast Tiger Claw office address is 5613 N. Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37918. Tiger Claw (http://www.tigerclaw.com) is our parent company. Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine and this website are part of a subdivision that is housed only in our CA office. If you go by Knoxville, ask for Marc and tell him Gene said you should see the new 'light up' swords. ;)

BTW, our autographed Jet Li poster is live on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32989&item=7514129916&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW). A signed Jet Li Unleashed 8"x10" is about to sell for $85 there. Our signed full sized (27" x 39") Unleashed poster is only at $41 right now. All proceeds for this auction will go to Jet Li's new ONE Foundation. Bid early and often!

Shaolinlueb
05-10-2005, 08:42 PM
agh traffic aint bad in hanover. im sure its nothing like the beautiful city of boston and all the one ways. :D

norther practitioner
05-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Try commuting 43 miles one way each day in Denva...

GeneChing
05-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I still have a few tickets left for the Metreon - just a tiny few because we had some last minute cancellations. I have more for the Union City show tomorrow too, since we haven't filled all the extra 58 seat yet... call me 1-800-824-2433. :cool:

GeneChing
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
We still have some tickets for Union City, CA. For FL, MD and TN, you must contact the TN office. It was a great show last night - thanks to everyone who came out!!!

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-12-2005, 08:29 PM
just returned from the show:

it was nothing like hero. it reminded me of his earlier tkd work before comming to the states: more the the HK products that made him a hit there. the layout was kinda like a video game meets gothic comic book:certainly enticing for the younger crowd. it will make a nice new base for the new century's nacho ninjettes. which is good all around.

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Try commuting 43 miles one way each day in Denva...

you mean, on a bike, right?

is 70 miles one way for a free flick too much?

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-12-2005, 08:48 PM
...all serviced by nacho ninjettes, and I will be emperor. But until then, we gotta do the shows close to home. ;)

i know a few megalomaniacs that would love to get their hands dirty with you.... :cool:

GeneChing
05-13-2005, 10:28 AM
It was great to meet some of you face-to-face! I'm still getting reports in from the east coast shows, but we did quite well on the benefit out here. We've already rasied over $1000 for the ONE Foundation, through our own non-profit branch - see The Tiger Claw Foundation (http://www.tigerclawfoundation.org) to see how you can contribute to the cause, and maybe even win one of those autographed posters!