PDA

View Full Version : chin koo tieh shang wan......????????

gwa sow
05-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Has anyone ever used it. any feedback on it???? they are little pills used for bruising, moving blood, etc.

Dale Dugas
05-05-2005, 02:23 AM
My friend,

Be careful with some brands of Chinese patents. many have lead, and other toxic materials in them. If you can ask a local TCM practioner if he has a version that is clean. Way too many people are using patent medicines that are full of some nasty little poisons.

If you strike out, email me off list and Ill ask my training partner who is an acupuncturist.

In Boston,

Dale

gwa sow
05-05-2005, 06:03 AM
the stuff i have is made by a company called, "great wall" or somethig. it came in a box similar to the attached file.

Dale Dugas
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
I have used them in the past and they work. Though I dont know if they are on the list of patents that have tested for poisons and banned substances. I would get the herbs that are listed and make your own for the safest pills.

Its labor intensive, but old school and very cool. I make my own injury pills.

Dale

gwa sow
05-05-2005, 10:14 PM
ahhhh, already got rid of the little paper that came with it that lists the ingredients

ok found the same list on the net
Ingredients: Radix Pseudoginseng, Mas Tix, Sanguis Draconis, Myrrha, Flos Carthami, Radix Angelicae Simensis, subsidiary substances.

what exactly would the subsidiary substances be?????? :confused: :confused:

herb ox
05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
I would imagine the subsidiary substances to be 'filler' and the like - corn starch, honey, binding agents, carnauba wax, etc...

Dale's right, though, many of these patent substances have heavy metals in them and many are counterfeit. However, Plum Flower makes a version and they're GMP certified.

peace
herb ox

GeneChing
05-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Chinese subsidiary substances = rat feces. It's true. It's true! :p

Lu Bu
05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Gene- :eek:

Unfortunately, I have yet to try Jin Gu Die Shang Wan, but I plan to order a bottle in the near future. I have used Jin Gu Die Da Wan (really wish I knew what the difference between the two is, aside from the meanings which I can translate myself; Jin Gu Die Shang Wan = Muscle Bone Iron Trauma <I think> Pills, Jin Gu Die Da Wan = Muscle Bone Iron Strike/Hit Pills) and it makes a substantial difference in the speed my body repairs itself from any injury. I tried to find another bottle of Jin Gu Die Da Wan through the internet, but have yet to find anyone that makes/ships it. Maybe it's been discontinued. I think the manufacturer is Guang Ci Tang. :confused:

gwa sow
05-28-2005, 12:35 PM
alrighty then. :eek: :eek: after reading this i dont think i'm going to try these things. i still havn't tried them yet. they were only $5 so no big loss.

kejia nu ren
05-31-2005, 08:45 AM
I agree w/ Dale & Herb Ox

many of these formulas are not screened for heavy metals so i'd be very cautious...I prefer using the jows and liniments so you don't internalize those certain dangerous ingredients through your digestive system...even if it makes you smell funny :p

Lu Bu,

The bottles I got are not the Jin Gu Die Da Wan - Body (or literally tendon/bone) fall/hit pills...they are the Jin Gu Die Shang Wan - Body (also tendon/bone) fall/injury pills. They are the Golden Lily brand - you can try and compare its effectiveness to the Guang Ci Tang Die Da Wan you already have.

Lu Bu
06-04-2005, 03:18 AM
So far, it seems that the Jin Gu Die Shang Wan works MUCH better than the Jin Gu Die Da Wan I had previously tried. Coincidentally, I just happened to injure my arm this week, and taking this stuff has sped the healing process up substantially. I highly recommend it (just don't take it constantly; it's more of an "as needed" kind of medicine, FYI).

Xie Xie, Kejia Nu Ren. Nashville needs more Chinatown.