PDA

View Full Version : For the metal fans

IronFist
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Top 10 most rediculous black metal pics of all time (http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal.html). :D rofl

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-05-2005, 12:27 AM
haha ... i havent seen that in forever.

that is why i tend to listen to death metal and not black metal. the black metal guys just try way to hard. not a single death metal band would qualify for that. slayer (although thrash or speed) in the 80s might come close, but not even kerry king with that god awful gauntlet thing could quite match those getups.

you got carcass dudes (http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Arena/3619/nolove.jpg), napalm dudes (http://www.proguitar.com/bands/napalmdeath/napalmdeath1.jpg) , and even deicide (http://www.clubaggression.com/Bilder/deicide.jpg) , and morbid angel (http://anosi.net/music/images/bandimg/morbid_angel_04.jpg) dudes .... and im not saying some of them dont look a little silly, but its like comparing a slow kid to a full blown retard. not quite in the same league.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-05-2005, 12:29 AM
.... although to be fair glen benton of deicide does have an upside down cross burned into his forehead (one that was reburned when it started to fade many years later). they are still one of my favorate bands in spite of that.

i dont think glen is trying though. i think he means it. as much as anyone can without killing a bunch of people anyway.

Kristoffer
05-05-2005, 04:06 AM
Ya, this is why punk is better

wdl
05-05-2005, 05:14 AM
ROFL!

-Will

ewallace
05-05-2005, 05:55 AM
I saw Mudvayne last week. They ripped it up.

Spark
05-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Have you guys read "Lords of Chaos"?

Those pics are ****ing funny as ****.

Black Metal is so ridiculous in that regards. They are the hXc equivolent of Hardliners or those SLC goofballs.

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 10:06 AM
lol :D

i agree with GDA. I only listen to death metal and/or "grindcore"

IronFist
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
haha ... i havent seen that in forever.

that is why i tend to listen to death metal and not black metal. the black metal guys just try way to hard. not a single death metal band would qualify for that. slayer (although thrash or speed) in the 80s might come close, but not even kerry king with that god awful gauntlet thing could quite match those getups.

I don't listen to music cuz of its image :p

I listen to symphonic black metal (Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, etc.). In fact, I rather don't like the stuff that isn't symphonic, and by "symphonic" I don't just mean involving strings, but I mean well composed. A lot of the stuff that's just double bass drum rolls and fast chords doesn't sound good to me. In fact, those two bands I just mentioned, I don't like a lot of their stuff, even. For that reason, I don't like death metal, either.

But listening to well written music is the same whether its Dimmu Borgir, Stratovarius, or Bach.

I don't understand why they all (black metal bands) have to be satanic, tho. Shouldn't it be about the music and not the image? I don't give a crap what the lyrics are saying as long as it's good music. IMO, the voice is an instrument just like guitar or drums. I hate people who get caught up in "oh, I like that song cuz the lyrics are good." No you don't, *******. Go buy a poetry book if you like lyrics so much.

These are the same people who don't like music if it's in a language they can't understand because they can't understand it. Freaking hippies I tell you.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-05-2005, 08:56 PM
iron fist ...
I don't understand why they all (black metal bands) have to be satanic

well something beatiful was born in florida a little more than 20 years ago and then some sissys with high pitched voices perverted it.

i hear where you are coming from on the good music though. its for this reason that i also listen to classical and dont care too much for bands like cannible corpse. the faster and heavier the better, but i still want to hear what the instruments are doing and i want more than 3 cords.

i actually still have some dimmu in my playlist and its not something i prefer, but its not something i delete or even skip either.

IronFist
05-05-2005, 09:10 PM
well something beatiful was born in florida a little more than 20 years ago and then some sissys with high pitched voices perverted it.

Are you talking about metal?

i hear where you are coming from on the good music though. its for this reason that i also listen to classical and dont care too much for bands like cannible corpse. the faster and heavier the better, but i still want to hear what the instruments are doing and i want more than 3 cords.

I agree, altho it can still be slow and/or not necessarilyi heavy and still be good.

i actually still have some dimmu in my playlist and its not something i prefer, but its not something i delete or even skip either.

Yeah, they're pretty hit or miss. I like their newer stuff more, which is what all the "real" black metal fans say is their sellout stuff. Their old stuff is just fast noise. Their new stuff is much better composed.

Vash
05-06-2005, 06:25 AM
. . . as much as I hate hippies, black metal/death metal just isn't my bag.

Give me some punk, rock, trip hop, and I'm golden.

But, anyone with 10-inch spikes in their leather gauntlets can't be all bad.

They can suck horribly, though.

Chang Style Novice
05-06-2005, 07:06 AM
I was recently given burns of the Black Sabbath box set. It's basically remastered versions of every album Ozzy did with the band. The first five or so are basically perfect in every way.

BibitClerus
05-06-2005, 11:24 AM
I was recently given burns of the Black Sabbath box set. It's basically remastered versions of every album Ozzy did with the band. The first five or so are basically perfect in every way.

word
black sabbath owns

Shaolinlueb
05-06-2005, 12:27 PM
black sabbath is horrible IMO. i love to hate black metal. some of it is good most of it is ridiculous because each band tries to be more evil then the last or more satanic then the last one. nothing can be really more evil then the guys from emporer and early mayhem. isnt emperor forbidden to leave the country cause all them have warrents on themselves for burning down churches? i know the drummer killed his gay lover for some reason or another. black metal is too crazy.

BibitClerus
05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
black sabbath is horrible IMO.

Your birth is the result of your grandpa ****ing one of his daughters IMO.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-06-2005, 02:17 PM
im gonna go out on a limb and say xebs likes the sabbath.

im not a fan, but i respect what they did and what they made possible for the metal i am a fan of. seeing ozzy live is something else too.

Shaolinlueb
05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah black sabbath did a lot for metal, but i dont like em much. too much hoppy drug metal.

bibetclerus,
at least im not a result of my mom ****ing different animals.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
http://ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal2.html

FuXnDajenariht
08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
:D i never get enough of laughin at those black metal kids. i never had the urge ta vomit all over my tv until i heard a cradle of filth song. the vocals are not to be believed.... dont get me wrong. there were some good bands...i dig emperor and mayhem but i think somethin is in the water over there.

Mr Punch
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Three words: Slayer!!!

But apart from that, Lueb, there's no way that Sabbath could actually be construed black metal by nowadays' standards. In no way was it satanic.

Some of Sabbath rocked.

I can't believe Napalm Death are still going. I used to know Nick Bullen and Justin Broadrick from the pub and a few dark parties, and I met Mick Harris a few times. We used to laugh at them! :D And Doom. That Clive, he's a thoroughly nice chap.

And FuXn, whaddyamean in the water?! :eek: I come from Birmingham! I resent that remark! AND I used to work for the water board - I could get you sued!!! :D

Mr Punch
08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Metal fan. (http://www.mantisswords.com/war_fan.htm)

Just to keep it MA related. :rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
man cradle of filths last good album was beauty and the beast. since then they sucked :(

FuXnDajenariht
08-15-2005, 10:04 PM
lol nah i love the brits. my mum has cuzzins there. i meant some of those viking obsessed scandies. i dont know bout that lot...maybe its the weather.... icelanders are kewl tho. i love bjork :D

FuXnDajenariht
08-15-2005, 10:07 PM
on second thot. some of the best death bands come from sweden and poland. but them norwegian metalheads need to go easy on the corpse paint. its leaking into their brains i think. :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Three words: Slayer!!!

slayer is indeed the ****.

I can't believe Napalm Death are still going.

i know man ... i dont normally keep up on the bands anymore, but i just read today that they are supposed to tour the us with obituary. obituary!!!! john tardy is ****ing awesome.

http://www.enemyofthemusicbusiness.com/

it might be the first concert i go to since ozzfest 98. its also cool that you sort of know those guys.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
.... you know im not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but i really dont see the point in moving this thread when its probably one of two that might get attention in the next couple days.

i mean if the threads were just falling off the front page by the dozens i could see sure .... but kfo hasn't exactly been busy lately.

i dont mind or anything .... im just sayin ....

FuXnDajenariht
08-15-2005, 11:15 PM
one of the mods were apparently bored. so the trigger finger got twitchy.

FuXnDajenariht
08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
and when did Marcos go terminal?

maybe those couple of makeout sessions excorcised the shyness-ness and introduced him to the joys of punanny. :D

Shaolinlueb
08-16-2005, 06:16 AM
macabre is a good band. but they are more death metal. whats that town in florida that a lot of death metal abnds came form. cannibal corpse, macabre, and a couple others?

Repulsive Monkey
08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
That all said, stuff like The Swans, Throbbing Gristle and Sleep Chambers dumps over all Black/Death metal to be honest.

GeneChing
08-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I just worked the Ozzfest (http://www.ozzfest.com/bands.html) last Saturday. It was fun. The Ozzfest is always one of the bloodiest, pukeist shows I work all year (although reports from Dave Matthews Band this year stated that it took the puke title for 2005 so far). As strange as it sounds, after Ozzfest, I've seen enough topless women for a while...

Ozzy/Black Sabbath is still relevant after all these years. Ozzy is a singularity in music, some one who has stood the test of time, re-inventing himself to meet the current pop world, yet he can still bring down the house on stage. Their rendition of War Pigs blew me away - what an anthem for our times.

FuXnDajenariht
08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
2005 is a metalheads wet dream.... the shear amount of excellent bands with new albums out this year...nile...immolation...behemoth...cephalic carnage....meshuggah....hate eternal....bloodbath.....

droool~~ :o i jus wet myself a little

theres some others i haven't picked up yet. and its a shame that most of em will never see the ozzfest stage. those nu metal kids need some re-education if u ask me.

Ben Gash
08-25-2005, 04:47 AM
You lucky guy Gene, and I don't mean the titties :D Shadows Fall are the ****, but why do they have to do that 80s hair windmill thing? :eek:

meltdawn
08-26-2005, 08:23 AM
ahhh, the days before they called it "old skool"...

right here in Tampa Bay, FL. DEATH METAL capital of the world!!! from '86 to '92 or so, weekly shows with Kreator, Coroner, Death, Obituary, Atheist, Cynic, Darth Vader's Church, GWAR, Testament, Overkill, Malevolent Creation, Death Angel, Cannibal Corpse, ahhh, the memories....

TangLangCh'uan
08-26-2005, 09:26 AM
....is a general listing for any picture ever taken of KISS....both with make-up and without....now before anyone goes jumping all over me....i'm well aware they are FAR from black metal....but they are not only one of the most overrated bands of all time (if not the most), but also one of the most ridiculous looking ones....they're not metal, nor have they ever been, but for some odd reason they've clung to their absurd get-ups for years...

as much of a metal fan as i am....i never could get down with the whole black metal scene, esp. after reading "lords of chaos"....i bought/burned a few cds just to get an idea of what these self-professed "geniuses" sounded like....and most of it souded like dogpile....give me a copy of "slaughter of the soul", "destroy erase improve", or "heartwork" any day....just no "mysteriis dom sathanas" or anything inaudible like that.

Mr Punch
08-26-2005, 09:43 AM
its also cool that you sort of know those guys.Yeah well, it's more a happenstance, same pubs etc... I could tell you some things though... :D

Margerine in the hair for the greasy dread look, the swastikas and some of the 'chats' they caused in the ghetto, someone being decked for pushing the wrong buttons, the crazy bi gf neighbourhood bike and my ex, the burning of the quiff... but I might get sued...

maybe one day. When I become Prime Minister and then Grand Lord Poobah of the Known World and Beyond I'll put it my memoirs!

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-16-2005, 01:56 PM
ahhh, the days before they called it "old skool"...

right here in Tampa Bay, FL. DEATH METAL capital of the world!!! from '86 to '92 or so, weekly shows with Kreator, Coroner, Death, Obituary, Atheist, Cynic, Darth Vader's Church, GWAR, Testament, Overkill, Malevolent Creation, Death Angel, Cannibal Corpse, ahhh, the memories....

you win best list!

never heard anyone oustside my group of friends mention kreator. i have coma of souls (i think thats it) and it gets swapped into the car every couple months. i dont know what im going to do if the woman ever decides she wants to upgrade to a cd player. my car already has one and if she gets one ill have no place to listen to my tapes :(.

i also have coroner's tape with the skeleton dude with the violen. cant remember the name of it. i have a death angel tape as well, but i cant say im proud to own that one :).

meltdawn
09-19-2005, 09:43 AM
thanks GDA!!!

the Kreator/Coroner concert was probably one of the only shows where i didn't pit, i was just awestruck by the talent.

Atheist, Cynic and Death all intermingled players. Atheist lost their bassist in a horrible bus accident on tour (he was a twin), and so they hired guys from Cynic and Death consecutively. my ex got in to fill the line-up, but when the tour time came, one of those bassists trumped the contract and got himself back in the line-up. the singer for Athiest whimped out and went into crappy radio crap, and the rumor was he might have become the new singer for GNR. i don't know which fate is worse. when death metal started dying here, hard core rose, and i got into promoting my ex's band and got shows with ProPain (who moved here), and some lighter stuff like the Toadies, and weird stuff like GuardyLoo and the Mentors. yes dude, i have partied with the Mentors. along that line, remember GG Allin? i also partied with his protege in Illinois, don't remember his name (i blocked it out). some good shows the guy headlined (everyone would leave when he came on, though). he would stick barbies up his rear and poop in people's baseball hats. not my cup of tea.

Sow Choy
09-20-2005, 10:15 AM
That site was great...

They look like the new WWF line-up

Jason Martell
09-23-2005, 07:45 PM
this is why musicains should concentrate on music, instead of "look at me. Trick or treat"