got to http://wingchuncoach.com/
and scroll all the way right on the menu bar to ''site updates'' and click it

this is were I will be putting up all the new stuff

have fun , any questions fire away

might even see my silly self in there :D

CarlD
05-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Hey Ernie,

Nice clips, looks like your teacher can rock. But hey it looks kind of aggressive :) .

Just kidding looks like fun actually. Thanks for sharing.

Carl

couch
05-05-2005, 07:43 AM
PS, your site updates link at the bottom doesn't work.

Cheers for the clips, bro.

Ernie
05-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey Ernie,

Nice clips, looks like your teacher can rock. But hey it looks kind of aggressive :) .

Just kidding looks like fun actually. Thanks for sharing.

Carl

Aggressive ! no stitches , no broken limbs , no blood or KO it was just regular training ;)

Hell in the HK days those dudes would bust each other up, but we have a disease called lawyers and so back to patty cake

but I’m glad you liked it, it's a pleasure to share stuff

Kevin Bell
05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Alright guvnor

Whats the latest on the german trip?? You gonna make it. Dont give me some b#llsh#t excuse now!!!

Kev

Losttrak
05-05-2005, 02:38 PM
This reminds me of those old school Splashing Hands videos... Its too bad Gary Goty didnt make a cameo appearance to get his arse beat.

That guy getting wailed on looked pretty irritated. I think it goes against any fighter's pride to let one's self get beat on without retaliation.

Ernie
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
;)
This reminds me of those old school Splashing Hands videos... Its too bad Gary Goty didnt make a cameo appearance to get his arse beat.

That guy getting wailed on looked pretty irritated. I think it goes against any fighter's pride to let one's self get beat on without retaliation.

Gary Goty ? hmmm interesting ,,,,,, not :eek:

Kev,
I'll try to make it to germany bro , better bring a mouth piece ;)

Kevin Bell
05-05-2005, 02:54 PM
;)

Kev,
I'll try to make it to germany bro , better bring a mouth piece ;)

No worries bro i need to speak to adam in the nxt cfouple of weeks and get things moving only thing that would hold me back is money mate have a clearer picture nearer time

Ernie
05-05-2005, 02:59 PM
No worries bro i need to speak to adam in the nxt cfouple of weeks and get things moving only thing that would hold me back is money mate have a clearer picture nearer time

I still have to get my Papers in order to do any travelling , so let hope for the best :D

william
05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
I just love that clip where Gary Lam says something along the lines of "people say that wing chun does not work on the street... well I'll show you..."

That to me is what wing chun is all about...

Just great,

Thanks for posting.. and that is a great website you got there.

Cheers

W

Simple_easy
05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Another funny thing in Gary Lam's Dummy video is when he says that the dummy should not be HIT WITH FULL FORCE, like somebody trying to break it.......

Then he calls a instructor or student to demonstrate the form, and he (student) keeps BANGING the dummy, like he should destroy the dummy in front of him.......

IMO that did not look too good. Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong is not a conditioning tool. Is much more than that, should demonstrate SKILL. The conditioning is a side effect, an extra bonus.

kungfu cowboy
05-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Maybe he wasn't hitting it with full force?

Ernie
05-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Another funny thing in Gary Lam's Dummy video is when he says that the dummy should not be HIT WITH FULL FORCE, like somebody trying to break it.......

Then he calls a instructor or student to demonstrate the form, and he (student) keeps BANGING the dummy, like he should destroy the dummy in front of him.......

IMO that did not look too good. Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong is not a conditioning tool. Is much more than that, should demonstrate SKILL. The conditioning is a side effect, an extra bonus.

Your right that was my Si-hing Greg , he does every thing all out like that , he is just wired that way , Gary would call that pass over power [ meaning your sending out to much , it hampers your recovery and balance , but that was awhile ago , greg has evolved to be a great teacher these days :)

it was a common mistake many of the guys since gary can generate such short burst power , we would all try and mimic it before we understood how to do , by adding in way to much of our own force , growing pains ;)

but a side note most people work the dummy dead in a cold one beat pattern
we do not we start that way but as you get it you mentally spar it staying just ahead of it's recoil as you would against a person flowing in mid counter , but thats another thread :p

couch
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
but a side note most people work the dummy dead in a cold one beat pattern
we do not we start that way but as you get it you mentally spar it staying just ahead of it's recoil as you would against a person flowing in mid counter , but thats another thread :p

That sounds like crazy talk!!! ;)

But cool...At The SAAAME TIIIME.

Ernie
05-06-2005, 08:10 AM
That sounds like crazy talk!!! ;)

But cool...At The SAAAME TIIIME.

Kenton ,
think of it a cause and effect , when you send something out , it comes back you should be on your next action [angle, position, hand etc...] before it comes back to your original position
1/2 beat ahead , just like when you fight as you hit there a chance of you being hit , you try and work between those moments

defense is built into the offense , a boxer ,kick boxer thai figher what ever with slip or has a proctected body position as they hit [to a degree] moving 3 things at once hand, leg and body [ we call this hitting on the way to your next position ]

not just sitting there nose to nose trading shots or doing dead motions on a peice of wood just because somebody says so ;)

Gangsterfist
05-06-2005, 03:04 PM
The dummy form is about positioning, structure in motion, moving around a stronger opponet, and release. What may seem as an external hard hit to the dummy may actually just be release. When my sifu works the dummy, you can see the whole dummy being effected by his energy right into the center. Its not external pwoer, or force he is using, its short release of relaxed power. There is a difference but sometimes the human eye cannot perceieve that difference.

Ernie
05-06-2005, 03:14 PM
The dummy form is about positioning, structure in motion, moving around a stronger opponet, and release. What may seem as an external hard hit to the dummy may actually just be release. When my sifu works the dummy, you can see the whole dummy being effected by his energy right into the center. Its not external pwoer, or force he is using, its short release of relaxed power. There is a difference but sometimes the human eye cannot perceieve that difference.

this is what Gary calls ''pure power '' there are to points it comes from just in the process of arriving there [ some would call it sealling or settling ]
and when leaving flowing off the energy of the recoil
[ as you would a stronger /more stable person ]

good post g-fist

but in the video in question , it was a bit over commited power , camera was rolling and people tend to want to show more then they need to :D

t_niehoff
05-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Nice clips. :)

Ernie
05-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Nice clips. :)

Glad you liked them ''T" :D

i thought you were anti demo stuff ? thought i would have to break out the full contact sparring stuff with me and gary ;)

Ernie
05-06-2005, 06:13 PM
I just love that clip where Gary Lam says something along the lines of "people say that wing chun does not work on the street... well I'll show you..."

That to me is what wing chun is all about...

Just great,

Thanks for posting.. and that is a great website you got there.

Cheers

W

hey william must have missed this one :o

thanks man glad you liked it , and glad you got a kick out of the site :D

IRONMONK
05-07-2005, 06:48 AM
nice clips

Gary looks like he can apply and explain his wing chun!!!

couch
05-07-2005, 02:57 PM
but in the video in question , it was a bit over commited power , camera was rolling and people tend to want to show more then they need to :D
I think that's something that just happens...Laf.

Sifu gets the camera out for us to watch ourselves...but when he says he's taping for the internet...

I tend to use my strength than positions and short power.

Ah, well. Ego. :)

t_niehoff
05-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Ernie wrote:

i thought you were anti demo stuff ? thought i would have to break out the full contact sparring stuff with me and gary

**I don't mind folks doing demo's when they also do the "other stuff". ;) It's just the only demo, only explanation, only touch-hands crowd -- the BS shovelers -- that make my @ss twitch.

Ernie
05-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Ernie wrote:

i thought you were anti demo stuff ? thought i would have to break out the full contact sparring stuff with me and gary

**I don't mind folks doing demo's when they also do the "other stuff". ;) It's just the only demo, only explanation, only touch-hands crowd -- the BS shovelers -- that make my @ss twitch.

God forbid i ever make your a$$ twitch hahahahahahahaaha !
i needed a good laugh man , thanks :D

Kevin Bell
05-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey Bud

Anymore dvds in the pipeline????

Kev

Ernie
05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey Bud

Anymore dvds in the pipeline????

Kev

i'll be sending yours this week :D
i have not got the ones you sent me , no worries ;)
be home for a few hours if you need to kill time :p

AmanuJRY
05-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Sweet....as always, E.

Ernie
05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Sweet....as always, E.
look who's back from the dead ;)

Kevin Bell
05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey Bud,

Sorry mate i meant has gary got any more plans to add to his series....

Kill your postman as well mate hes lazy however he may now be a kung fu master if hes watching your dvds :D :D

[[be home for a few hours if you need to kill time ]]

Jokin mate its past midnight guv and i gotta hit the sack just putting the finishing touches to tomorrows lesson plan...you know which drills...Bangkok (thats the Clue)

Funny just watching some stuff back and it looks like i gotta gut :confused: :confused: Must be the tshirt coz im packed out at the mo.

Hey just a thought ,whats the chances of you and Gary swinging via the UK from Germany im sure the interst would be there. Just thinking *if* i cant make it out to germany. Anyway i'll give you a call this week bro, want to yarn on more of that Po Pai stuff.

Laterzzz

Kev

Ernie
05-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Kev,

not sure if Gary plans on any more video ? he has not covered the 2 final phases of his system , but i don't think he will let that out , and the only thing left would be forms , and i don't think he would could do that with out busting up laughing i know i couldn't :p
but i guess if people bugged him enough anything is possible ;)

call me we will rap about the po pai stuff , i'm an open book , as for the UK visit i probably couldn't make it , i will be in Hawaii the week before germany so adding another trip might be tough but i'll ask gary .

rap with ya soon bro

Kevin Bell
05-09-2005, 08:44 AM
[[i will be in Hawaii the week before germany ]]

Topping up your tan eh mate whilst im stuck in rainy old blighty, man you know how to pi$$ me off im gonna mow you down for that one :D :D

Gonna email you tonight when i get in from training reference that attchment i sent you yesterday, just picked up your mail now.

Laterzz

AmanuJRY
05-09-2005, 04:58 PM
look who's back from the dead ;)

Yup, I'm back from the non-digital world. :cool:

Ernie
05-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Yup, I'm back from the non-digital world. :cool:
back away from your pc ----- slowly ------ walk out of the room slowly -------- turn around -----and run to the light , run to the light !

it's to late for me the digital world has cpatured me but get away while you can !

Kev,
bro i got a year round tan :D looks like no international travel for me this year my papers won't be ready in time but next year it's own !!!!!!

hey thanks for the DVDs there gold man pure gold

Kevin Bell
05-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Your more than welcome mate

TomasWTUK
05-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your clips Ernie. Just got broadband so have been a little late to the downloading party.

There is some really nice stuff there and your site is great.

TOM

Ernie
05-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks for sharing your clips Ernie. Just got broadband so have been a little late to the downloading party.

There is some really nice stuff there and your site is great.

TOM

Tom , better late then never :D
glad you liked it and took the time to let me know .

any questions , concerns , input let me know .
every one was really helpful with checking out the site and problems i was having :)

Gangsterfist
05-13-2005, 12:33 PM
There are just too many Toms on this forum. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: