PDA

View Full Version : Could I be wrong?!

red5angel
05-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Proof of Qi?! (http://s4.youshareit.com/files/ed9e3c2a4efe2ba1b7ea5488ad29f751.html)

about halfway through that fight is an example of real Qi being used in combat. It's insane. It changes my whole paradigm.

Chief Fox
05-05-2005, 02:51 PM
HOLY SH!T! That fight scene looks awesome!

joedoe
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I am trying to figure out why they do figure-8s without contacting each other's blades. Otherwise it was pretty well done.

David Jamieson
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
this one by all rights should be the best one yet...

But, my vote currently sits with ESB as the best from the series.

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 04:40 PM
oh come on, dude!!!

SPOILERS DUDE!!!

joedoe
05-05-2005, 04:44 PM
And to answer the original question - yes Red5, you were wrong :D

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 04:54 PM
SPOILERS DUDE!!!!

Losttrak
05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Indeed, I too was mesmerised by the blatant fluff of the figure-eight technique. I expected them to break into some aquatic ballet or maybe some ribbon dancing next.

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
SPOLERS!!!
DUDE!!!!!!!

SPJ
05-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I think whatever you believe.

The Jedi believe in the "Force".

The Force is in the universe, within you and in everything in the universe.

They are fighting using their "Force".

Master your own Force and harness all the Force around you and the universe.

Qi is a different story.

You acquire Qi or Cai Qi.

You mobilize your Qi (Yun Qi) to flow smoothly from Dan Tian to the rest of your body, internal organs and distal limbs. You use your intent or will (Yi) to mobilize your Qi.

Qi is always flowing in your body just like blood in the blood vessels.

Qi is not power. Qi is not force. Qi is not energy.

Qi is Qi. Qi will moblize your power. Qi will moblize your Energy.

Jing Seng roots and stems are edible Qi and blood enhancers.

On the other hand, Jedi's Force is not edible or transferable.

Acupuncture will help your Qi flow. Ask a Jedi if acupuncture helps Force or not.

You may believe in Force.

And you do not have to believe in Qi.

:D

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
SPOOOILLLERS!!!!!

joedoe
05-05-2005, 08:29 PM
You trying to tell us something Xebby?

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
no, man.
im just lonely :(

BibitClerus
05-05-2005, 08:51 PM
so... tell me about your sister
what does she look like
what kinda music she is into

im goin to sleep
oh crap
i hate waking up in the morning

SPJ
05-05-2005, 11:32 PM
So the Jedi believe in "Force".

What do you believe?

People see what they believe to see.

What do you see in the clip?

If you say it is Qi at play, it is Qi at play.

If it is something that you may prove to exist, it is a fact.

You know it is a fact. You do not need to believe it is fact.

Because you know it is a fact.

If you know it, there is no need to prove it.

The 2 hands seem to push each other with a resistence of force.

The truth is that there is nothing in between.

They are acting to make you believe that there is something between their hands.

Do you still think it is Force or Qi at play?

What do you see in the clip?

Is it a force, or Qi?

Or there is nothing?

What do you see?

What do you believe?

:)

Scott R. Brown
05-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Hi SPJ,

The force may not exhibit the characteristics of chi as you believe them to be, but Lucas clearly modeled his idea of the force on chi and other phenomena.

To some, chi is a force and an energy and is transferable. I watched a special on BBC years ago that demonstrated an acupuncture man in Asia doing just that. He could spontaneously combust paper using his chi and transfer the energy during his treatments. His clients reported feeling the transfer as well!

Chi is within you and me and everything in the universe as well, just like the force. I am not saying the force is the same as chi, but the similarities cannot be ignored.

Personally I think the force would include chi, but be much more as well. Closer to the universal mind plus chi at the very least, if you recall Obi Wan and Yoda can sense through the force the loss of life on distant planets so that indicates to me a universal mind connection.

What are you thoughts?

SPJ
05-06-2005, 07:42 AM
I can not speak for the movie.

Force, energy, heat etc are measureable in units.

Qi is theorized to be immense beyond measurement or infinite.

The coal has bioenergy in its store. If you burn it, the energy is released as heat.

The water at higher position has energy in its store due to longer distance from the gravity of the earth. We harness that to generate electricity via a power station near the dam.

The Sun is burning to give out energy as heat and photon. The green plants harness photon and convert it into bioenergy. Photo synthesis. The animals eat the plants to convert it into their own bioenergy. When the animals passed away, they become oil after pressure for many and many years or taken up by microorganism, the bioenergy is transferred again. The circle of life or energy.

Force= mass x acceleration. Energy is measured by how much heat will be produced when the substance is burned.

The science divides everything into matters/substances and energy. Where is Qi in this "either or "or both picture?

--

What is Qi?

:confused:

red5angel
05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Qi is theorized to be immense beyond measurement or infinite.

of course it is. When the closest thing we'll ever come to it is there in that video clip, it has to be unmeasurable, otherwise someone could prove it doesn't exist ;)

Xiao3 Meng4
05-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Here's another perspective:

Jing = Structive Potential Awaiting Determination.
Qi = Relationship between two things.
Shen = Universal Configuring Force.

The strength of the relationship between your raw structive potential and Desired outcome is the strength of your Qi.

CSP

Chief Fox
05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
C'mon guys those flowery figure 8's weren't just for show. Every swing of a light saber is either an attack or defense. Obi Wan and Anakin's Force awareness is so strong it alows them to realize before a strike even hits that it will be defened against so they simply don't waste the enrgy to complete the attack. DUH! :rolleyes:

red5angel
05-06-2005, 08:37 AM
C'mon guys those flowery figure 8's weren't just for show. Every swing of a light saber is either an attack or defense. Obi Wan and Anakin's Force awareness is so strong it alows them to realize before a strike even hits that it will be defened against so they simply don't waste the enrgy to complete the attack. DUH! :rolleyes:

because I'm a starwars geek and picked up on that flourish right away I sort of gave it some thought. In the books in the EU, there are forms of fighting the Jedi Learn. I've interpreted that to show that since Annakin is Obi Wans padawan, he's got the same knowledge that Obi Wan does. It shows them to be almost on an equal footing.

SPJ
05-09-2005, 11:04 AM
What is Qi?

Check out Post #4 in the link;

Qi is--- (http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=497434#post497434)

:D