PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who want's to learn CMA!

Hurtin in China
05-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I live in Shenyang, China. I have lived in China for 3 yrs and I have some very great news. I know you don't know me. I am one of those people who read every post but never say anything. I always thought if you have nothing to say of importance than it's not worth saying. Well, I want to say I have been doing different styles of CMA. Such as Contemporary wushu and Traditional wushu. I've studied 7* mantis,Chen Tai Chi, Yang Tai Chi, Chang Chuan, Ditang Chuan,weopons, TKD, MT, and other various styles of MA. I moved to China to train under a famous contemporary wushu coach and studied with him for six months, after training every day, 8 hours a day I started to get a lot of injuries. I then moved to a different location and found two masters and I have learned a lot from both. One of my masters is a "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts" shirfu. Not to be mistaken for a Contempory wushu coach. It's really difficult to find such a notable master in China. Most wushu teachers are more like coaches that teach modern wushu.
My teacher that teaches traditonal wushu is very famous throughout China. He teaches Chou Jiao/Fanzhi Chuan. It is not the same as most people who study modern wushu. The Chou Jiao/Fanzhi chuan that he teaches is from the lineage of Yu Bai Qian from northern China. Very different from the beijing and southern styles of contemporary wushu. He also teaches a variety of other wushu such as Shuai Jiao and Sanda. He was the coach for the Liaoning sanda team for several yrs in the mid 80's and has many famous students through out China that has won many national and international competitions. His favorite style to teach is sanda/sanshou. He is also in the dictionary of famous martial artist in China. His name is Tong Qing Hui from Shenyang, Liaoning China.
Well, the good news is, he will be coming to America with me for a 3 month visit and would love to enter tournaments and show his style of traditional wushu which is not famous in the west. Also he would love to teach anyone willing to learn. I can say that after studying with various teachers around the world, he is one of the best teachers to learn from. He is "very" good in fighting with sanda, shuai Jiao, and Chou Jiao/Fanzhi chuan. This man is amazing to say the least and would love to teach anyone.
So, the plan is this, Find tournaments to go to and then wait for people to come and learn from him I guess. If you have any other advice on how I can get this man to teach people that would be of some great help. I will be in Chicago for a wushu summer camp program in June(for 10 weeks). I also will be traveling with him around the Dallas, Texas area if anyone is interested in learning with him. I don't know when the exact date will be but I can keep you posted if you want. My email is ericrazote@yahoo.com. I am still in China right now and getting ready to come back. My wife, baby, Teacher, and I will all be coming to Chicago around May 15th. When we arrive I'm sure he would love to teach. So if you are wanting to learn traditonal chinese martial arts with a lot of Sanda/Sanshou by all means give me an email and I'll hook you up. Oh, I forgot. I have a martial arts school that we can use in Chicago and in the Dallas area. So, don't worry about where we can learn. O.k. got to go and start packing now. For any advice, I thank you in advance.

eric

Royal Dragon
05-06-2005, 05:44 AM
What school will you be useing in Chicago?

Hurtin in China
05-06-2005, 06:10 AM
got qi martial arts school. I have talked to one of my wushu teachers there, her name is Tian Hai Hong and she said that I could use the school. I will be an assistant instructor there. The website is gotqi.net. Hope that helps.

eric

Royal Dragon
05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
LOL!! I took pics of that school last year with the intent of posting them here becasue of Gene's "Got Qi" T shirts he sells!!!

In think he should get all the "Got Qi" girls over there and do an article featuring the school. :D

Mutant
05-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Sounds like great experience for you, congratulations on all that.
If you could get him to Boston this summer, we could probably hook him up with a nice sized seminar.
And welcome to the KFM board :)

Royal Dragon
05-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Would you be so kind as to ask him if he knows any Tai Tzu sifu's in his area? I am specifically looking for someone who would be willing to offer video of the complete long form, and possibly instrcutions or corrections in it's performance and apps when the time is right.

I know there is at least one Sifu in that local, but I don't have his name infront of me.

norther practitioner
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
also will be traveling with him around the Dallas, Texas area if anyone is interested in learning with him. I don't know when the exact date will be but I can keep you posted if you want. My email is ericrazote@yahoo.com. I am still in China right now and getting ready to come back. My wife, baby, Teacher, and I will all be coming to Chicago around May 15th. When we arrive I'm sure he would love to teach. So if you are wanting to learn traditonal chinese martial arts with a lot of Sanda/Sanshou by all means give me an email and I'll hook you up. Oh, I forgot. I have a martial arts school that we can use in Chicago and in the Dallas area. So, don't worry about where we can learn. O.k. got to go and start packing now. For any advice, I thank you in advance.

If you are in town during the Taiji Legacy tournie, you could do some seminars during that too...

Hurtin in China
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Well I'm not to sure about the Tai Tzu, but I can ask him if he is willing or knows anyone around here. But as you know we are leaving very soon and I have very little time with doing things but teaching english to save a little money so when I get back I can travel with him around America. Oh, and the name of the school got qi was deffinetley not my idea. But I can say it does sound funny. I was in China when that happened. Also, I think he would love to go to boston or anywhere to do some seminars. So, if anyone could email me on how to do that that would be fantastic. As for the Tai Chi Legacy, He and I will most likely go there. He said he would love to go to tournaments and show chou Jiao/ Fanzhi chuan and even his Tai Shi Bian. I don't think he could do sanda though. He will want me to do that. I don't see a 55 yr old guy up there fighting 20 yr old people in a sanshou match. Not to say he can't fight, its just that he doesn't train himself in sanda anymore. Man I've got a lot of footage with him doing Fanzhi and some of his students in competions in sanda matches in China. I think when I have a better computer and someone with more knowledge than I, I can post up the videos and you guys could see Master Tong Qing Hui back in his 30's when he was really fast.

SimonM
05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Great Caesars Ghost! You are even F@rther up north (and a hell of a lot F@rther east ;)) than I'm going to be when I move over to China later this month! What's it like up that way?

Vasquez
05-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I live in Shenyang, China. I have lived in China for 3 yrs and I have some very great news. I know you don't know me. I am one of those people who read every post but never say anything. I always thought if you have nothing to say of importance than it's not worth saying. Well, I want to say I have been doing different styles of CMA. Such as Contemporary wushu and Traditional wushu. I've studied 7* mantis,Chen Tai Chi, Yang Tai Chi, Chang Chuan, Ditang Chuan,weopons, TKD, MT, and other various styles of MA. I moved to China to train under a famous contemporary wushu coach and studied with him for six months, after training every day, 8 hours a day I started to get a lot of injuries. I then moved to a different location and found two masters and I have learned a lot from both. One of my masters is a "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts" shirfu. Not to be mistaken for a Contempory wushu coach. It's really difficult to find such a notable master in China. Most wushu teachers are more like coaches that teach modern wushu.
My teacher that teaches traditonal wushu is very famous throughout China. He teaches Chou Jiao/Fanzhi Chuan. It is not the same as most people who study modern wushu. The Chou Jiao/Fanzhi chuan that he teaches is from the lineage of Yu Bai Qian from northern China. Very different from the beijing and southern styles of contemporary wushu. He also teaches a variety of other wushu such as Shuai Jiao and Sanda. He was the coach for the Liaoning sanda team for several yrs in the mid 80's and has many famous students through out China that has won many national and international competitions. His favorite style to teach is sanda/sanshou. He is also in the dictionary of famous martial artist in China. His name is Tong Qing Hui from Shenyang, Liaoning China.
Well, the good news is, he will be coming to America with me for a 3 month visit and would love to enter tournaments and show his style of traditional wushu which is not famous in the west. Also he would love to teach anyone willing to learn. I can say that after studying with various teachers around the world, he is one of the best teachers to learn from. He is "very" good in fighting with sanda, shuai Jiao, and Chou Jiao/Fanzhi chuan. This man is amazing to say the least and would love to teach anyone.
So, the plan is this, Find tournaments to go to and then wait for people to come and learn from him I guess. If you have any other advice on how I can get this man to teach people that would be of some great help. I will be in Chicago for a wushu summer camp program in June(for 10 weeks). I also will be traveling with him around the Dallas, Texas area if anyone is interested in learning with him. I don't know when the exact date will be but I can keep you posted if you want. My email is ericrazote@yahoo.com. I am still in China right now and getting ready to come back. My wife, baby, Teacher, and I will all be coming to Chicago around May 15th. When we arrive I'm sure he would love to teach. So if you are wanting to learn traditonal chinese martial arts with a lot of Sanda/Sanshou by all means give me an email and I'll hook you up. Oh, I forgot. I have a martial arts school that we can use in Chicago and in the Dallas area. So, don't worry about where we can learn. O.k. got to go and start packing now. For any advice, I thank you in advance.

eric

Well done! Excellent - yah to that :)

Hurtin in China
05-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, if you must know about where I live I won't lie. Shenyang, China has about the same climate as Chicago or so. Two seasons, Summer/Winter. Now, I love China and its vast history and knowledge of CMA and also I think the people are very nice and quite innocent compared to what most Americans are like. But I have to say, living here has been quite difficult at times. Basically, if you are willing to live where I live, you must be prepared for the coldest, dirtiest, blistering hot, most polluted conditions possible.
Shenyang used to be the center for industries a few yrs back but now they have moved most of their factories further south. I have lived here for 3 yrs and I can say if you have asthma like I do, bring a ton of inhalers for the winter and a lot of medicine. You do not want to go to hospitals here. My son was born here actually so was Jet Li, but anyways to say the least the hospital was the #10 hospital in the city and I would never want to go there again. People are not as well educated about being clean and having manners as where we are from. You often find blood on the floors and and dead people on stretchers waiting out side the waiting rooms. Very scary!
Sorry, if I am scarying you but you asked. I never sugar coat anything. The bathrooms here are mostly squatters, that means even at KFC or MCDonalds. The place is not only dirty because of the 7 million or so people who live here but also because of the sand storms from xinjiang or Inner Mongolia. You see a long time ago, people cut down and still do all the trees around liaoning province. They are just now bringing trees from the south and replanting them in the cities. Out side the city all you see are dirt fields ready to be cropped by corn and other food. So imagine when the weather changes and the wind blows in from the north to the east to Japan, its all dirt and sand. So, walking around on some days is like being smacked in the face with sand going about 40 mph. I recommend wearing glasses at all times. Oh, I didn't mention the use of Coal is abundant in most areas. I used to live out side the city about 20 or so miles and it was a coal mining city. Boy was that interesting.
When I lived there, there was NO running water but maybe 1 hr a day and you had to fill up your bathtup of water so you can use that water to flush your toilet with buckets. You see, when I first came here, I lived the REAL chinese way of life back in the day. No streets but dirt roads and mules. I lived like that for 6 months before I came to the city. Man you don't know how much a sitting down toilet and running water really means to a person when you don't have it for a half a yr. All I did was practice wushu and live like someone would in the America in the 1800's.
I have many other great stories if you want to know. As, for an overall rating on my life and how Shenyang is. I would give it a 5 out of 10. Maybe because I care more about training and doing what I love than about the materialistic modern world of where I used to live. This place has taught me a lot and I learned a lot about myself by being here. Let's say the littlest things we take for granted are the biggest things to me. And I also have been humbled greatly by all the great martial artist I have met over the 3 yrs I have been here. I have a love for China that most people will never understand and I think that is what Shenyang and China has done for me. Plus, I married the most beautiful chinese woman in the world and have a 3 month old son. And now I am bringing my wife, baby, and master to America to spread more chinese culture and to do what I love most.
And that is simply live life to the fullest, learn, and teach CMA!

gfx
05-06-2005, 09:32 PM
that's amazing

good chuo jiao and fanzi are really hard to find

SimonM
05-06-2005, 11:50 PM
The place is not only dirty because of the 7 million or so people who live here but also because of the sand storms from xinjiang or Inner Mongolia. You see a long time ago, people cut down and still do all the trees around liaoning province. They are just now bringing trees from the south and replanting them in the cities. Out side the city all you see are dirt fields ready to be cropped by corn and other food. So imagine when the weather changes and the wind blows in from the north to the east to Japan, its all dirt and sand. So, walking around on some days is like being smacked in the face with sand going about 40 mph. I recommend wearing glasses at all times. Oh, I didn't mention the use of Coal is abundant in most areas.

Sounds pretty simmilar to where I am headed. If you have any photos, please feel free to post em. :)

Hurtin in China
05-07-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey Simon,

Where are you headed. I might have been there during my travels in China. What province and what city?? I could tell you more info if I've been there before.
As for pictures, I just burned them off my computer on to cd's and now I have no pics of the city and I already packed them away in a suitcase. So, I guess if you want I can email you when I get a chance, once I get back. Have ever been to CHina before?

norther practitioner
05-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for sharing, hope to meet you at taiji legacy this summer

SimonM
05-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey Simon,

Where are you headed. I might have been there during my travels in China. What province and what city?? I could tell you more info if I've been there before.
As for pictures... I guess if you want I can email you when I get a chance, once I get back. Have ever been to CHina before?

I'm headed for Lishi, Shanxi Province. It's WSW of Taiyuan about 100-150 KM as the crow flies. Of course there is a mountain in the way so it's a bit F@rther by road. :)
Or you could say it's between 500 and 600 KM SW of Beijing as the crow flies.

Thanks about the pictures, if you get a chance please send them to SimonM223@gmail.com.

This is my first trip to China.

wutymes
05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
im in the dallas area, so id like to check it out

Vasquez
05-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Well, if you must know about where I live I won't lie. Shenyang, China has about the same climate as Chicago or so. Two seasons, Summer/Winter. Now, I love China and its vast history and knowledge of CMA and also I think the people are very nice and quite innocent compared to what most Americans are like. But I have to say, living here has been quite difficult at times. Basically, if you are willing to live where I live, you must be prepared for the coldest, dirtiest, blistering hot, most polluted conditions possible.
Shenyang used to be the center for industries a few yrs back but now they have moved most of their factories further south. I have lived here for 3 yrs and I can say if you have asthma like I do, bring a ton of inhalers for the winter and a lot of medicine. You do not want to go to hospitals here. My son was born here actually so was Jet Li, but anyways to say the least the hospital was the #10 hospital in the city and I would never want to go there again. People are not as well educated about being clean and having manners as where we are from. You often find blood on the floors and and dead people on stretchers waiting out side the waiting rooms. Very scary!
Sorry, if I am scarying you but you asked. I never sugar coat anything. The bathrooms here are mostly squatters, that means even at KFC or MCDonalds. The place is not only dirty because of the 7 million or so people who live here but also because of the sand storms from xinjiang or Inner Mongolia. You see a long time ago, people cut down and still do all the trees around liaoning province. They are just now bringing trees from the south and replanting them in the cities. Out side the city all you see are dirt fields ready to be cropped by corn and other food. So imagine when the weather changes and the wind blows in from the north to the east to Japan, its all dirt and sand. So, walking around on some days is like being smacked in the face with sand going about 40 mph. I recommend wearing glasses at all times. Oh, I didn't mention the use of Coal is abundant in most areas. I used to live out side the city about 20 or so miles and it was a coal mining city. Boy was that interesting.
When I lived there, there was NO running water but maybe 1 hr a day and you had to fill up your bathtup of water so you can use that water to flush your toilet with buckets. You see, when I first came here, I lived the REAL chinese way of life back in the day. No streets but dirt roads and mules. I lived like that for 6 months before I came to the city. Man you don't know how much a sitting down toilet and running water really means to a person when you don't have it for a half a yr. All I did was practice wushu and live like someone would in the America in the 1800's.
I have many other great stories if you want to know. As, for an overall rating on my life and how Shenyang is. I would give it a 5 out of 10. Maybe because I care more about training and doing what I love than about the materialistic modern world of where I used to live. This place has taught me a lot and I learned a lot about myself by being here. Let's say the littlest things we take for granted are the biggest things to me. And I also have been humbled greatly by all the great martial artist I have met over the 3 yrs I have been here. I have a love for China that most people will never understand and I think that is what Shenyang and China has done for me. Plus, I married the most beautiful chinese woman in the world and have a 3 month old son. And now I am bringing my wife, baby, and master to America to spread more chinese culture and to do what I love most.
And that is simply live life to the fullest, learn, and teach CMA!

good story keep me informed