PDA

View Full Version : Hong Luck Club Toronto - Any Good?

Skinny
05-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone, I'm looking to start some Kung Fu training in the Toronto area. The closest club to my house seems to be the Hong Luck Club. I was wondering if anyone from the T.O. area knows of this school, and if so, is it any good? Because I'm just starting out I thought I would get some opinions on the matter. If not Hong Luck, is there any school in particular, in the downtown core, that has a solid reputation for teaching quality Kung Fu?

Thanks Alot,

Skinny.

ngokfei
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
have heard only good things about the club.

also its very established.

I know the Chan Tai San of the Lama group was a guest instructor there

best bet it to just go and check it out

David Jamieson
05-06-2005, 01:25 PM
hong luck has a good rep. they teach choy li fut kungfu.

around the corner on augusta is national fut gar association and down the street is jing mo which has hung gar over on dundas at the freemasons building there is more kungfu available.

if you live close to chinatown, there is no shortage of kungfu and tai chi instruction.

wu taichi school is at queen & spadina and there are more that are not so advertised.

Skinny
05-06-2005, 08:14 PM
hong luck has a good rep. they teach choy li fut kungfu.

around the corner on augusta is national fut gar association and down the street is jing mo which has hung gar over on dundas at the freemasons building there is more kungfu available.

if you live close to chinatown, there is no shortage of kungfu and tai chi instruction.

wu taichi school is at queen & spadina and there are more that are not so advertised.

Thanks very much David,

is there anyone of them that you would particularly recommend?

David Jamieson
05-08-2005, 06:43 PM
It's all good Skinny.

Go and check em each out and the one you like the most or feel most like that is what you want...well, take it from there. :)