PDA

View Full Version : Old PC games

SevenStar
05-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I was looking for some info on an old pc game I have and ran across this:

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/othercol.htm

I currently still have copies of many of these games, so I started flashing back to playing all of these as a kid. anyone else still own any of these?

IronFist
05-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Omg Jumpman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SevenStar
05-06-2005, 06:12 PM
I know...king's quest, heroes quest, nobunaga's ambition, operation cleanstreets.... D@mn I wanna break out my box of 5.25's right now.

SevenStar
05-06-2005, 06:17 PM
drakkhen, jordan vs bird, purple saturn day...

Jhapa
05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Joust, Kung Fu: The Way of the Exploding Fist, World Karate Championship & many many more.

norther practitioner
05-06-2005, 06:51 PM
This just took you down one more notch on the street cred list...

put you up 3 notches in the game geek one though...

SevenStar
05-06-2005, 06:53 PM
even the hardest cats out there played most of these games coming up - they may not admit it tho.

Akhilleus
05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
The King's Quest and Space Quest series were great...Quest for Glory and Eco Quest were great series too...hey there's a game on there called "Uchi Mata"...like the sweep...anyway with those games I'd be stuck at one part for like 2 weeks before I figured out you had to tie the string to the toothbrush to retrieve Morgin, the Evil Magicians book without waking him up...oh those were the days...actually I guess with the earlier King's Quest games you had to type in everything you wanted him to do and if you typed in a curse word it said something like "You must have been raised by a naughty wizard!" Kinda like in Big where Tom Hanks melts some dude by "Throwing Thermal Pod".

EDIT: A quick internet search reveals that that "dude" Hanks melted was actually the "Ice Wizard"...dag that grown up Hanks was clever...

Reggie1
05-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Does anybody remember Autoduel? That was one of my favorites back in the day. Mad-Max style car game.

We borrowed it from a friend, and I had a LOT of trouble getting it to work. I remember trying every day for about a month before I could get it to fully work. I would try for 30 minutes and then quit. My brother finally got it figured out.

I guess I was a really bored kid at the time, because I could remember reading the user manual almost every night and getting completely stoked about playing.

David Jamieson
05-08-2005, 06:48 PM
nobunaga's ambition

ah yes...I remember it well. That game was cool! lol

BibitClerus
05-08-2005, 09:20 PM
remember when duke nukem was 2d?
that was tits

Vash
05-09-2005, 05:51 AM
remember when duke nukem was 2d?
that was tits

**** right.

Ah, King's Quest V. Never did beat that one.

Pork Chop
05-09-2005, 04:39 PM
ever tried?

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

rogue
05-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Anybody remember or even see a FPS named Catacombs? Pre-dated doom. How about one for the Atari called Tunnel Runner? Cool first person game where you were pac-man running through the maze with the ghost after you.