PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Parents Outraged; what did they expect?

SimonM
05-06-2005, 08:31 PM
From this article: http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/movies/articles/1151734.armx

I have only one thing to say to the parents of the world:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

I mean, come on, Episode 4: Anakin Skywalker is an evil man in a black body suit who chokes people at a distance when they slightly annoy him.

Episode 1: Anakin Skywalker is a loveable tyke who saves the day.

You knew he would have to go bad eventually! Did you think this would entail a little argument with Obi Wan and each party storming off to their rooms for the night to have a good long think? Did you think "little ani" just developed a black PVC fetish around age 40? Of course Vader did something evil enough to make Obi Wan try to kill him! Now if the rumours are right (and I think they are) and protoVader slices his way through all the kiddy-jedi-in-training Lucas has finally done something right with this benighted second trilogy!

After the disaster of Ep. 1 the ONLY REASON I watched Ep. 2 at all was to set up for Ep. 3 where the disgustingly cute Anakin Skywalker gets dipped in lava and comes out as that prototypical shadowy villain, Darth Vader (insert sucking breathing noises here).