PDA

View Full Version : ROLF CLAUSNITZER & HAKARAC BOXING

Mannie
05-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Has anyone heard of Rolf Clausnitzer.
Rennound Wing Chun instructor living in Australia. Direct student of Wong Shun Leung.
Rolf is one of the main contributors to a martial boxing system called Hakarac Boxing. Hakarac utilizes Wing Chun techniques effectivelly in boxing and mixed martial arts competitions. 8 competitions - 7 wins.

Ultimatewingchun
05-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Sounds like Rolf is on the right track. Good for him.

I've been convinced for years now that wing chun needs a longer range boxing (and kicking) approach that goes beyond the "conventional" ideas about how to apply wing chun...the more mobile footwork found in boxing, JKD, kickboxing, Muay Thai, etc. really helps as a DELIVERY SYSTEM to the close contact range that wing chun is designed for.

And as for Mixed Martial Arts...I believe that using wing chun to work the close quarter position is a natural ally and a natural progression to the next phases of fighting - in the standing clinch, takedowns, and ground grappling.

anerlich
05-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Not to take anything away from Rolf, but Rick Spain's organisation had been doing kickboxing and MMA competition for some time now. We got 9 wins from 12 fights at a recent Queensland card and invitations to Spartan, an elite MMA event.

Ultimatewingchun
05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Still waiting for you to post some video of that, Andrew...would love to see it.

Finny
05-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Mannie - I think Rolf posts on this board.

I went to visit his school a while ago - unfortunately my uni studies prevent me from training with him at the moment, but he was very nice and knowlegeable - had some very interesting ideas regarding his training too.

I remember him mentioning that he was collaborating with a boxing coach and his students were working on incorporating WC into their sparring - which sounded great to me, as someone who has boxed before and now trains WC.

Best,

Brendan.

KPM
05-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Has anyone heard of Rolf Clausnitzer.
Rennound Wing Chun instructor living in Australia. Direct student of Wong Shun Leung.
Rolf is one of the main contributors to a martial boxing system called Hakarac Boxing. Hakarac utilizes Wing Chun techniques effectivelly in boxing and mixed martial arts competitions. 8 competitions - 7 wins.

What does "Hakarac" mean? Where did the word come from?

Keith

R Clausnitzer
05-12-2005, 04:39 AM
Mannie - I think Rolf posts on this board.

I went to visit his school a while ago - unfortunately my uni studies prevent me from training with him at the moment, but he was very nice and knowlegeable - had some very interesting ideas regarding his training too.

I remember him mentioning that he was collaborating with a boxing coach and his students were working on incorporating WC into their sparring - which sounded great to me, as someone who has boxed before and now trains WC.

Best,

Brendan.

Hi, Brendan

Thank you for your kind words.

I have had several Brendans train with me over the years (incidentally, all nice guys).....which one are you?

If you ever get the chance to visit us, I can show you numerous enhancements and modifications we've made.

Hi, Victor

Perhaps we can exchange notes in about a year, as what we are doing is still in the developmental/experimental stage, although the results are encouraging.

Hi, Anerlich

I am pleased to hear that Rick Spain's guys are doing well and am curious to know to what extent they are using recognisable Wing Chun techniques and/or concepts. I noticed the subtle correction of my name :)

Hi, Keith

Mannie will probably reply to your query in more detail, but I think it means "many ways" in East Timorese dialect.

At this stage Wing Chun forms only a small component of the Hakarac boxers' arsenal, although that component is likely to increase over time for those who have Wing Chun experience or those who are attracted to its concepts. Currently, I am working with just two Wing Chun guys who train regularly with Mannie's guys. I hope to introduce two more, and will have some interesting things to report in about 6 months to a year from now.

Mannie is truly an innovative boxing coach who has seen the compatibility of Wing Chun with boxing. I feel privileged to have met him, as I have felt for decades that
Wing Chun, suitably modified, adapted, and intensely trained, has the potential to enhance western boxing. Already, Mannie's ideas and methods are making an impression not only on the local boxing scene, but amongst martial artists, both here and interstate . I would not be surprised if Hakarac becomes known internationally within the next three years.

Regards to all.

Rolf

Ultimatewingchun
05-12-2005, 04:54 AM
Great going, Rolf. Will be looking forward to chatting with you in the future about it.

anerlich
05-12-2005, 08:19 PM
I noticed the subtle correction of my name

Yeah, sorry Ralph, er Rolf :D

Finny
05-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Hi Rolf,

I haven't trained with you before - I visited you sometime during last summer I think. I would love to be able to train with you but at the moment I'm flat out with my studies, and I've also been out of work for a while, so the finances are a bit tight. Hopefully things will change in the next month or two, after my exams.

I'm not sure you'd remember me, but I'm the tall guy who trains with Michael Ho in Applecross.

Anyways, good luck with your training, hopefully I'll see you soon.

Regards,

Brendan.

Mannie
05-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Keith,
Rolf is correct, Hakarac means many ways or many options.
Hakarac is a holistic approach to martial boxing encompassing techniques from Wing Chun - Western Boxing - Harimau Silat - Muay Thai.
The difference from other similar martial systems is that in Hakarac, all of the systems contributors are alive and are constantly contributing to Hakarac's growth.
Hakarac's training approach is also different as in we focus primarily in giving the student instant confidence in application of technique. This is achieved by striking at other students and in return being struck back. This takes away the fear of being struck but also takes away the mental barrier of striking another human being. Only after this faze do we then focus on individual technical application.
We also train in to forms:
1. Like an Artist (lots of intricate drills / footwork / fine motor skills)
2. Like an Warrior (lots of combat sparring drills / natural footwork / major motor skills / panic reaction / pressure sparring / multiple attacks / surprise weapons)
Rolf's Wing Chun theories and applications have contributed to Hakarac's growth.

As stated, Hakarac Boxing has intergrated Wing Chun techniques and applications without loosing it's authentisity in the competition arena:
2 Amateur Boxing National Title Holders
4 Golden Gloves Champions
3 State Champions
1 Mortal Combat Heavy Weight Champion

We predict for 2005: Sate Champions in 3 weight devisions - 2 National Champions - 1 Knife Fighting Champion - 2 Mortal Combat Champions

cerebus
05-14-2005, 05:44 PM
*cues music* MOOOORRRTALLL COMBAAATTT!!!

:D Was this win by "Fatality"? :D

KPM
05-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi Keith,
Rolf is correct, Hakarac means many ways or many options.
Hakarac is a holistic approach to martial boxing encompassing techniques from Wing Chun - Western Boxing - Harimau Silat - Muay Thai.
The difference from other similar martial systems is that in Hakarac, all of the systems contributors are alive and are constantly contributing to Hakarac's growth.
Hakarac's training approach is also different as in we focus primarily in giving the student instant confidence in application of technique. This is achieved by striking at other students and in return being struck back. This takes away the fear of being struck but also takes away the mental barrier of striking another human being. Only after this faze do we then focus on individual technical application.
We also train in to forms:
1. Like an Artist (lots of intricate drills / footwork / fine motor skills)
2. Like an Warrior (lots of combat sparring drills / natural footwork / major motor skills / panic reaction / pressure sparring / multiple attacks / surprise weapons)
Rolf's Wing Chun theories and applications have contributed to Hakarac's growth.

As stated, Hakarac Boxing has intergrated Wing Chun techniques and applications without loosing it's authentisity in the competition arena:
2 Amateur Boxing National Title Holders
4 Golden Gloves Champions
3 State Champions
1 Mortal Combat Heavy Weight Champion

We predict for 2005: Sate Champions in 3 weight devisions - 2 National Champions - 1 Knife Fighting Champion - 2 Mortal Combat Champions

Thanks for the reply Mannie! Any pics or videos of Hakarac Boxing on the net?

Keith

Mannie
05-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Very Soon.

Hakarac Boxing is launching its website in August.
There will be available, clips on Hakarac Boxing & Hakarac Blade Boxing.

Thank you