PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Right has to be a buff Buddha?

SPJ
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Over the years, the requirements for Mr. Right change.

I was shocked to read the article.

Here is the link.

Mr. Right (http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,997824,00.html)

What is your comment?

:D

norther practitioner
05-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Can't read whole article without paying.

Akhilleus
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Here's my comment...everytime I go online msn has some new 10 things she wants to hear or How to win her over or some such BS...its always written by a woman telling guys how to treat other women...but its always horrible advice...I don't do well with girls and even I know that its horrible advice...basically if you follow the horrible advice such as "Tell them you love them every 5 minutes" and "Get her flowers 2x a day" you will end up broke and sexually frustrated or even worse, whipped...I know because I have done all of those things and trust me, its not what you want to do...

as for the buff part yeah I believe that that's why I am trying to put on some muscle...

David Jamieson
05-09-2005, 12:08 PM
meh, more stupid girl bashing in my opinion.

anyway, just be yourself.
Afterall, that's all you can really be, if she likes, she likes, if not, move on.

Akhilleus
05-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Good luck finding a buff Buddha...all the ones I've seen were really fat...

BibitClerus
05-09-2005, 01:21 PM
girls just keep getting dumber every time
oh man

its no wonder so many of them are involuntarily single

BibitClerus
05-09-2005, 01:27 PM
hey man, btw, could you copy/paste teh text of the full article in here?

(pay to play, no way!)

IronFist
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Everything is explained by www.laddertheory.com.

Make sure you read the entire site before you ***** about it.

If you've never thought about this before, you will have the feeling of all your questions being answered.

I'm serious.

Vash
05-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I find actually talking to women increases their interest in you.

It doesn't seem the authors of this article feel the same way.

Be yourself. Be cool. Set sail for the island of Punani.

BibitClerus
05-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I find actually talking to women increases their interest in you.

yeah dude, tell me about it
im living proof youre right
i know that cos im silent like silent bob.

even more with girls, cos girls dont have the same interests dudes (like i) have
for example:
chicks usually like crappy pop music -> i hate it
chicks talk about clothes, hair, fashion -> in life i do my best to dispise that
chicks talk about guys -> well i dont do guys
and the list goes on
i like movies such as: clockwork orange, fight club, american beauty AND STAR WARS -> none of the chicks i know even know what the hell those movies are to begin with

sure you can say not all chicks follow that pattern, but the great majority of them do. personally i cant think of not even one chick i know that has a decent music taste. Im not saying they should like what i like. Im just saying they should be smarter than liking only stuff like Spears and 50 Cent and whatever else was on MTV's Top 20
I believe there is no such living being more prone to be directly influenced by trends then women, even more if its young women.

MasterKiller
05-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Good luck finding a buff Buddha...all the ones I've seen were really fat...
Where are you looking? Buddha, following the middle path, neither over nor under ate. He was thin and healthy.

Reggie1
05-10-2005, 07:34 AM

If you've never thought about this before, you will have the feeling of all your questions being answered.

I'm serious.

That site is awesome.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-10-2005, 01:09 PM

I'm serious.

word brotha.

Hau Tien
05-11-2005, 05:51 AM
yeah dude, tell me about it
im living proof youre right
i know that cos im silent like silent bob.

even more with girls, cos girls dont have the same interests dudes (like i) have
for example:
chicks usually like crappy pop music -> i hate it
chicks talk about clothes, hair, fashion -> in life i do my best to dispise that
chicks talk about guys -> well i dont do guys
and the list goes on
i like movies such as: clockwork orange, fight club, american beauty AND STAR WARS -> none of the chicks i know even know what the hell those movies are to begin with

I dunno... I think you're meeting the wrong girls... sounds like you're meeting girls at clubs, etc... I met my wife in our kung fu class.

If not, I must have lucked out. My wife listens to IDM/Electronica/Trip Hop like I do,
she hates clothes, hair, shopping, etc. (She takes care of herself, but doesn't feel the need to talk about it) She liked all the movies you list except Star Wars :( However, she's a big Star Trek fan (which I also love), so I can excuse her indifference to Star Wars. ;)

sure you can say not all chicks follow that pattern, but the great majority of them do. personally i cant think of not even one chick i know that has a decent music taste. Im not saying they should like what i like. Im just saying they should be smarter than liking only stuff like Spears and 50 Cent and whatever else was on MTV's Top 20
I believe there is no such living being more prone to be directly influenced by trends then women, even more if its young women.

I think the same could be said of humanity in general. I know just as many guys who jump on every new bandwagon to go around as girls.

See... I don't know many girls like you describe very well. I don't go to bars, and my circle of friends tend to be more down to earth sort of folks, else they don't stay in my circle of friends very long ;)

Shaolinlueb
05-11-2005, 06:19 AM
man cant impress them all. there will be a lady who loves your style already. or in my case, like 5. so you cant make em all happy ever.

BibitClerus
05-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I dunno... I think you're meeting the wrong girls... sounds like you're meeting girls at clubs, etc... I met my wife in our kung fu class.

If not, I must have lucked out. My wife listens to IDM/Electronica/Trip Hop like I do,
she hates clothes, hair, shopping, etc. (She takes care of herself, but doesn't feel the need to talk about it) She liked all the movies you list except Star Wars :( However, she's a big Star Trek fan (which I also love), so I can excuse her indifference to Star Wars. ;)

I think you lucked out, brotha :D
Massive Attack and Tricky are pretty cool. Morcheeba too (dunno if that is considered Trip or whatever they wanna call it)
I'ts not that im meeting girls in clubs, its things i observe everywhere i go. At uni, at clubs... its also why i never had any female friends before like 2 years ago. I just have some now cos on my classes they are the majority of people, therefore only a statistics mather.

I think the same could be said of humanity in general. I know just as many guys who jump on every new bandwagon to go around as girls.

See... I don't know many girls like you describe very well. I don't go to bars, and my circle of friends tend to be more down to earth sort of folks, else they don't stay in my circle of friends very long ;)

Hmm that i dont know. My male friends, unlike the female, all have unique tastes...
exepct for one of them i think.
Most guys usually will jump into any bandwago where the is fresh pu.ssy is regardless of quality involved.
I seldom go out too man, at least in comparisson with others of my age. They go out every weekend, i go out every 2 or 3 weeks on avereage -> mostly for the beer.
My old friends from childhood were cool, those are some no bull**** people, but we are all in diferent places.
I cant exclude my local/current friends just cos they might be a little... dumb... sometimes. They overall have good intentions. If i exclude them im alone and ownned sorta thing, you know?

Anyway im not complaining, im just saying people could be a lot more... its not just graduating, marrying and having kids.
This can get highly phylosofical and off-topic :D

SPJ
05-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I think Mr. Right means different things for different persons.

What is Mr. Right for A may not be so for B.

People tend to stick with the same or identify with the same.

However, sometimes the friction or the opposite of things may also afford attractions.

So be your self as pointed out by earlier posts.

And be genuine about your self.

BibitClerus
05-11-2005, 08:05 PM
hey man, btw, could you copy/paste teh text of the full article in here?

(pay to play, no way!)

come on, dont be shy
CIA FBI aint watchin

or send me on PM
then ill paste it myself

u cant touch this

SPJ
05-11-2005, 08:12 PM
My subscription expired.

There was a debate. The back issues of Time mag were cited.

That was how I got the link.

The article was written in 2000. It is probably outdated.

My sources say that check out the girlies mags for your best info.

Such as Cosmopolitan et cetera et cetera.

And never trust manly mag such as Men's Health et cetera et cetera.

Best of luck.

:)

BibitClerus
05-11-2005, 08:17 PM
thanx man :D

lol @ girlies mags

lol i once saw one with a test: "is your man gay?"

Mr Punch
05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
"is your man gay?"
:DSo...