PDA

View Full Version : Someone said this happened during a sparring match (pic) NWS maybe

IronFist
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
From a Civic forum:

The NWS is cuz it's a finger bending the wrong way at the second joint.

OMFG! This looks so painful...

One of the members from another forum I browse did this during a sparring match. He won the match, but the officials refuse to let him continue...

Oh man, it chills me just looking at it... :eek:

http://www.dc5ab.com/forums/uploads/post-4-1115621049.jpg

norther practitioner
05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
It just looks dislocated.. while it hurts, and it swells, it's still not the end of the world, I used to do it from time to time when I was ski racing.

MasterKiller
05-10-2005, 08:01 AM
I used to see one of those every day in high school football practice.

brothernumber9
05-10-2005, 08:31 AM
I saw that happen at Taiji Legacy 2000, during a tai chi push hands division. How embarassed that guy must have felt. The same tournament, during the sparring divisions it seemed every other ring was calling for the doctor every five minutes.

MasterKiller
05-10-2005, 08:37 AM
I saw that happen at Taiji Legacy 2000, during a tai chi push hands division. How embarassed that guy must have felt. The same tournament, during the sparring divisions it seemed every other ring was calling for the doctor every five minutes.
2000 was when that one San Shou guy got his elbow dislocated on a throw, right?? That was nasty.

Hau Tien
05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
In my experience, the push hands divisions in tournaments usually have FAR more injuries (and more serious, for some reason) than the regular point sparring and continuous sparring divisions.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-10-2005, 01:08 PM
i thought i saw that in some skaters vid, but it may have been a different kid and a different injury. or maybe it was the same kid and a different injury. or maybe it was the same kid and a different hand. or maybe ...