PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are going to watch unleashed

HanRen
05-11-2005, 01:13 AM
this friday? I am planning to watch it right after I finished my final exams. I also asked 3 of my friends to watch with me. BTW I hope unleashed will be a really cool movie, cause many ppl lost their interests in Kung Fu movies. :rolleyes:
BTW I think Jet Li is going to be on late night with Conon Obrian on the 10th, 11th or 12th which is either Tue, Wed or Thr. Anyone knows about that?

One Finger Zen
05-11-2005, 03:23 AM
yeah, i'll probably go and see it, its not often that i get to see Li Lien jie movies at the cinema :p

not your average kungfu movie, but maybe thats a good thing :cool:

Peace

OFZ

MasterKiller
05-11-2005, 06:18 AM
It's...gonna....blow...

Shaolinlueb
05-11-2005, 06:22 AM
its gonna blow like your mom does to red5angel MK.

so that means its gonna be good form what he says. :p ;) :D

forgive me :D

i think it looks good. looks a tad more violent and animalistic then his other flicks, thats why i want to see it.
plus the guy who played mario mario in the mario brothers movie is in it :o

SimonM
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
There are only 2 movies I am going to see before going to China, Unleashed is one of them.

BibitClerus
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
maybe on dvd

Brad
05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Can't be worse than Cradle to the Grave, lol. Defenitely looks like it's got upgrades in the co-star and fight coreography departments compared to his previous western movies. Looks better shot too (cooler feeling atmosphere). Plus Jet Li finally got an acting coach for this one :D

One Finger Zen
05-13-2005, 01:13 AM
I thought Cradle To The Grave was quite a good movie :p

Something to watch if you have 90 minutes free...

I was amazed at how much gongfu DMX actually knows :eek: e.g. running 10 feet vertically up the wall hahaha!! that made me howl with laughter!! :D

peace out

David Jamieson
05-13-2005, 05:47 AM
let's see now, a martial arts flick with a modern great of the genre in it...

hmmmmmm, yep, I'm in! :D

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 08:50 AM
It was an ok movie. You can see a few reviews in the media section.

No fist of legend or shaolin temple.

norther practitioner
05-13-2005, 08:53 AM
It's...gonna....blow...

As opposed as the great acting in the last two SW... :rolleyes: :p

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 09:11 AM
I wont spoil but ill say this. He definately breaks his type cast. He gets into a character other than the bad ass chinese master.

The action is not the best but its ok, a couple of pretty cool moves. No wires. More street like action than traditional kung fu style moves.

Plus he gets to put the mack on an 18 year old chick. He is a pimp and he dont know it.

MasterKiller
05-13-2005, 09:30 AM
As opposed as the great acting in the last two SW... :rolleyes: :p Acting? I thought SW was a documentary.

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
I always thought it was a video biography. It seems so real.

Do you mean to tell me that there is no such thing as outerspace?

norther practitioner
05-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I think I might go after lunch, I took the day today.

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Its a fun one. If you are truly a fan of Jet Li then you will like it.

Your gonna see a different side of his acting career.

There is this one part where he is up on this dudes torso, and he does a butterfly kick off the dudes torso and attacks another guy with it.

No strings remember? Its neat because it shows a good application of a butterfly kick, its more berserker street style of course, but hey what can you expect?

watch for it, its in the very first scene.

GeneChing
05-13-2005, 10:23 AM
We did a private screening of Unleashed at Union City (near our offices last night) and at the Metreon in SF on Wednesday, so I've seen it twice already. I actually liked it better the second time - possibly because my expectations weren't a factor. It's almost a breakthrough as martial arts films go - the center portion has about 40 minutes sans fight scenes, solely focusing on plot and amazingly, it doesn't lose speed (although the first time I saw it, it came very close). The fight work is solid - some nice action by Yuen Woo Ping. Massive Attack turns in a great soundtrack (The RZA is pretty much absent - his contribution is heard in the end credits only). Bob Hoskins is great - no one can cuss like him, no one at all. *spoiler alert* My fav scene is the fight in the toilet with the nekkid chick.

We're using Unleashed as a spring board for a benefit for Jet Li's new ONE Foundation, an international relief organization inspired by his near-death tsunami experience in Maldives. For more information on how you can contribute, go to our non-profit branch, The Tiger Claw Foundation (http://www.tigerclawfoundation.org)

Vash
05-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Massive Attack has some excellent sounds, but from what I've heard from this soundtrack, it's no where near there best effort. Certainly surpasses Blue Lines, but not by much.

Looking forward to seeing what Jet Li can do as an actor. I love martial arts movies, but when you throw a plot betwixt the fights, it goes from good to great.

This better not suck.

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 10:36 AM
The bathroom fight scene was surely the best in the film, great choreography for in close fighting.

Also you get 3 boobie shots in the film. Its kinda funny really.

kungfu cowboy
05-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Any of them of fighting boobies?

PangQuan
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
na no fighting boobies, there are screaming boobies and cussing boobies. thats about it though.

GeneChing
05-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Bob Hoskins is one of the best cussers in cinema today. I can't think of any other actor who can get as much guts out of profanity. He's a great villain.

I love No Protection and the soundtrack pales for me personally in comparison, but it's still enjoyable - I've been blasting No Protection ever since I saw the first showing two days ago.

norther practitioner
05-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I give it a B+...

went to see it this afternoon, overall good, some weaknesses, but I enjoyed it. The choreography was tight, acting average (which is better than the last few Jet movies), story was OK, the girl annoyed me for some reason.

sk8fool
05-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I got to see it at the Union City showing last night and have to say Unleashed was awesome. The movie definately has a strong Ying and Yang.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-13-2005, 05:05 PM
No wires.

ill drink (a 12 pack) to that.

ehh ... who am i kidding? i would have drank the 12 pack anyway.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Bob Hoskins is one of the best cussers in cinema today.

i had to ask my buddy for his name, as he is a sopranos encyclopedia, but this dude always impressed me. he was only in a couple episodes around the time they had steve buscemi in. he got sent right back to prison for stepping on too many toes:

robert funaro (http://movieshop.ru/catalog/people/001000/001073/i.jpg)

[edit] .... correction ... imdb says he was in a lot more than a couple episodes but i only remember a few.

sk8fool
05-13-2005, 10:39 PM
i had to ask my buddy for his name, as he is a sopranos encyclopedia, but this dude always impressed me. he was only in a couple episodes around the time they had steve buscemi in. he got sent right back to prison for stepping on too many toes:

robert funaro (http://movieshop.ru/catalog/people/001000/001073/i.jpg)

[edit] .... correction ... imdb says he was in a lot more than a couple episodes but i only remember a few.
yea that character had a pair of brass ones on him

omarthefish
05-14-2005, 04:42 PM
maybe on dvd

That's how I watched it yesterday.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-16-2005, 12:16 AM
bragging about pirating movies is so 2004.

SPJ
05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Saw the movie and like it.

I would add long hairs, long beards and dirty face on Jet Li as if he was crasy three times a day or Zhang San Feng in Tai Chi master movie.

After he changed, he would wear a pony tail and beard shaved.

His clothes sucks big time before and after.

His expressionless, heartless face or stoned face during fights is the same in most of his movies. However, Chinese audience will always remember Jet Li got big smiles in his first China movie in Shaolin temple and Shaolin kids.

Puppy face before his adopted uncle, priceless.

Freeman shut his uncle up with a pot of flower. Priceless. A big relief from the audience.

The music, affection and trust of a young girl and the new family awaken his human side in the sanity of his mind away from an animalist life style for a long time.

The collar is more of a mental block than physical thing. The music and friendship of the new family remove the collar from him or "unleashed".

There are heart warming tidbits strung among all the coldness of fightings.

I like the fighting set in the bathroom including biting.

Yawn and yawn on the depth pit fights.

The first one is cool. Jet Li hit the Ren Zhong pressure point above the lip and under the nose several times. The Giant paralyzed and fell like a rock. All the vital or weak spots are hit. But I do not like repetitive hitting with grunts. One strike is enough. The anger and grunts work against the coolness and coldness.

Hey, it is just a movie. It is to entertain.

Nobody will pay to see a single KO fight with one move.

:D

truewrestler
05-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw it Saturday and thought it was great.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-16-2005, 08:09 PM
i had to stop reading your post spj ... you got to warn about spoilers bud.

well obviously you dont have to .. but its good etiquette.

SPJ
05-17-2005, 07:19 AM
OOPS;

You are correct. I spoil the fun for people that has yet to see the movie.

Nexttime, I will post much later after the release of the movie.

Thanks for reminding me.

:eek: :D

norther practitioner
05-17-2005, 09:53 AM
No need to wait, just alert folks to spoilers...

word of honor
05-17-2005, 10:05 AM
The first one is cool. Jet Li hit the Ren Zhong pressure point above the lip and under the nose several times. The Giant paralyzed and fell like a rock. All the vital or weak spots are hit.
cool! i'm going to watch those strikes again more carefully. i thought he hit the guy in the larynx and i assumed he crushed his windpipe and maybe broke his neck from the front too. but yeah, for him to drop like that, a pressure point strike makes more sense. except for the fact there's no way danny would know about pressure points. well maybe he'd figure it out through trial and error. after all he had been fighting for bart for like 30 years already.