PDA

View Full Version : combat lap sau

marcw1
08-18-2000, 08:51 AM
Combat lap sau

there is a aspect of wing chun that seems
not to talked about. that is the concept of
how to gain control of your opponents center. the art of controling the elbow and how it relates to your positioning and that of your enemy. if there is anybody that is interested in this concept, and knows about it as well please reply.

Sihing73
08-18-2000, 03:41 PM
Hi marcw1,

ON my way to take the kids to Great Adventure. Interesting topic I am all for discussing it. If no one else posts I will try to add something when I return.

Peace,

Dave

Mark
08-18-2000, 05:16 PM
Hi!
I am interested in this topic but I dont exactly understand your post!!!!
Control of there centre?
And what Aspect about controlling the elbow??
This is a highly disscused topic in my school, but Can you please be little more specific?

marcw1
08-19-2000, 05:17 AM
Combat lap sau

Combat lap sau is a fight for the center and
how to control it. It deals with the positioning of the elbow and how it is placed. if the elbow is in a upward postion
or downward and how to use it against your
opponent.

Sihing73
08-19-2000, 07:48 AM
Hello,

As I said an interesting topic. First thing though is to define center. Is it your center, your opponents center or the centerline or centraline? As to controlling the elbow; are you saying that one needs to have control of the elbow in order to perform Lap Sau? Is it possible to control lower or further up the arm? Why or why not?

Lap Sau is a drill to develope ones speed of reactions. It normally consists of a Fook/Fak Sau with one hand and a punch with the other. The response is a Bong Sau and Wu sau followed by the Fook/Punch in a never ending cycle /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Of ocurse there are breaks which can be done wherein you may pull more or step and Pak etc. Is that what you are getting at?

Peace,

Dave

Mark
08-19-2000, 09:00 AM
I Know what a Centreline and a Lap Sau is, I just didnt understand what your post was about!
Whether it was questioning the technique or just a genral conversation about it???

FUJIYakumo
08-20-2000, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marcw1:
there is a aspect of wing chun that seems not to talked about. that is the concept of how to gain control of your opponents center. the art of controling the elbow and how it relates to your positioning and that of your enemy.[/B][/quote]

hmm? not talked about? william cheung does seminars on it (BOEC! balance opening elbow control....) i think he has a tape out on it.
its all about closing the range and taking control of the opponents elbow and going to town on them.

i also read not long ago an article by another YMWC master about controlling the elbow, so i dunno where you get the idea its not being discussed or talked about!

------------------

vingtsunstudent
08-20-2000, 09:06 AM
hi folks i hope what i'm about to say should already be known but if not pleaz think about it & let me know your thoughts.
1. all 2 often i c lap(primarily beening used in mags. by so called masters)as a primary tech. to engage the opponent(mostly from a jab)when instead a plain old fuk would do the job & not tie up your other hand
(even if only 4 a split second)
2.u also c people using bong & then having to lap. the problem here is bong should never
be used(unless u are caught off guard-because of the fact bong requires a second movement(or almost yet not quite similtainious move))yet here they are telling us to use it as an opening tech.
lap is a tech. that should be practiced but rarley used(if your'e confident in your vt & move aggressively u shouldn't need it-only if u are caught off gaurd & or u just catch their first movement & their next travels across your centre)
pleaz let me say that yes there are more tech. for lap & these r only just basics but we r talking about combat lap sau & the truth is 'basics will win u 99 percent of fights' if not more.

Mark
08-20-2000, 12:28 PM
VingStunStudent
Hi, yes we often talk about this aspect in our school.
Your talking about all the clowns in Blitz wright??
Yes I think there are many people who agree with you, Not to mention the so called "Grand Masters" who commit these attrocites!