PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to watch the slow death of the forum

Ernie
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Just thinking out loud
it's like looking at a car crash , you know you should turn away , but ,,,,,,,,,,, you just can't help but to keep watching :cool:

CarlD
05-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Ernie,

You are going to make me cry :( , You got any ideas on how to keep it going and make it better. Or is it a done deal?

C

Ernie
05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey Ernie,

You are going to make me cry :( , You got any ideas on how to keep it going and make it better. Or is it a done deal?

C

Don't pour on the water works :D

Carl get the shot gun , I got the shovel ;)

anerlich
05-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Get Red5Angel back training WC with Carl - that'll liven things up!

AndrewS
05-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much reached the point around here where posting has become pointless (for me at least). Kind of a shame.

Andrew

Ernie
05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much reached the point around here where posting has become pointless (for me at least). Kind of a shame.

Andrew

Should i rename this thread the KFO Obituary [ OH-B*tch-U-ready-2B-shut down] ;)

step up to the mic and drop your final words !!!!

anerlich
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
You guys can't seriously be getting bored with incredibly long and repetitive discussions about theoreticians, awareness, fighting grapplers, awareness, the need for sparring, awareness, jings, awareness, the Cheung/Boztepe fight and other happenings two decades ago, awareness, WC in MMA and other events ten years old, awareness, ...

Hendrik
05-12-2005, 08:39 PM

Andrew

IMHO,

it is a nature phenomenon of we cant live in the past.

Time for evolution.

Ernie
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
You guys can't seriously be getting bored with incredibly long and repetitive discussions about theoreticians, awareness, fighting grapplers, awareness, the need for sparring, awareness, jings, awareness, the Cheung/Boztepe fight and other happenings two decades ago, awareness, WC in MMA and other events ten years old, awareness, ...

I'm Sorry i'm not *aware* of what your talking about :p

Hendrik ,
Yep bring in the guy with the black hood !

Ultimatewingchun
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Okay Ernie, AndrewS, Carl, Anerlich...

What would you guys like to discuss on a new thread? :confused:

What haven't we covered before?

Or what was discussed before but should be revisited?

Since we already know what should be avoided.... :cool:

Mr Punch
05-12-2005, 09:20 PM

AndrewBit slow aren't you!? :p :D

But more on thread... that's why I only like technical or training discussions. Everything else is accusations and presumption.

Even with the technical stuff, on the main board I've read a couple of different 'I do it this way - how do you do it?' threads which would just dissolve into a lineage argument over here...

Doesnt help that WCers are some the most humourless, pompous, up-emselves ***tards on the planet! :D ... Enema anyone!?

PaulH
05-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Generosity is always wise, but unwisdom prevailed. =)

KPM
05-13-2005, 03:18 AM

Andrew

Yep! Even when one tries to start a more "technical" thread to get away from the typical posts you see here.....it quickly gets labeled "theoretical" (used as a slur) or gets shot down from an avenue one doesn't expect. It seems we have a few "regulars" each with some kind of "agenda" that gets pushed over and over. People get tired of it. Forum members go away for awhile and then come back to see the same old things being discussed. So they figure "what's the point?" and stop coming. When someone does make an effort to discuss or show something new, rather than receiving encouragement and constructive comments it is more likely that they come under attack and heavy criticism. That sure doesn't encourage people to go out on a limb and post their ideas or put up videos.

Keith

ghost5
05-13-2005, 03:27 AM
:( :( Those are the reasons my post numbers are so small. I read a thread and see it devolve into a yelling match or worse so I just stay out of it since I really don't know the folks here.

By the time I read a thread the damage is usually done so I just move onto the next thread and generally find the same thing.

So, no ideas from the people that have posted here for a long time? I remember a thread that said there are 5000+ members and less than 100 posting. But that seems to be the case on many sites. A handful that post and a herd that reads.

Take a look at all the folks,
that come to read and never post. ;)

SAAMAG
05-13-2005, 04:28 AM
Same here...I've engaged in some of the threads wherein these "ideals" are being pushed, as some of them are my own, however doing it over and over and over.........and over..........even makes me weary.

I miss the good ol' pre crash days.

t_niehoff
05-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Maybe they should just start a forum for the various contingents -- a WCK role-playing forum, a WCK for health forum, a WCK for social interation forum, a WCK for spiritual development forum, etc. ;)

Ernie
05-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Okay Ernie, AndrewS, Carl, Anerlich...

What would you guys like to discuss on a new thread? :confused:

What haven't we covered before?

Or what was discussed before but should be revisited?

Since we already know what should be avoided.... :cool:
Perhaps after you guys hang out in cleavland , a fresh breeze will blow out the lingering stink :D

for now use this as a vent thread ;)

Gangsterfist
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Its slowly dying because of my delayed dim mak. All of you are doomed!!!!!!

Yeah, whatever happened to STFU and train?

reneritchie
05-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Dang, way to give others far too much power and control over you. Don't like one thread, start another. Don't like one poster, ignore him/her and dicuss with others.

Watch and complain, or do something about it.

Jeez.

(And personally, I never bought that whole load of bunk about there only being one secret non-theoretical branch of WCK passed down only through people named Andrew...)

Ernie
05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Dang, way to give others far too much power and control over you. Don't like one thread, start another. Don't like one poster, ignore him/her and dicuss with others.

Watch and complain, or do something about it.

Jeez.

(And personally, I never bought that whole load of bunk about there only being one secret non-theoretical branch of WCK passed down only through people named Andrew...)

Dr Frankenstein,
Yes Igor
Can you bring the dead horse back to life?
Yes Igor

Igor
Yes Dr Frankenstein
Why do you want me to bring back the dead horse?

So I can kick it to death again :eek:

Ultimatewingchun
05-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey...I got it! :)

Why don't we do a thread on the THEORETICAL implications of PERFORMANCE based wing chun?

We could have Terence and Knifefighter start off telling us all about the importance of fighting performance and skill, based on how much we roll with BJJ BB's and spar with boxers and other MMA fighters - and then I'll jump into it with guys like the Andrew's and Ernie....and then after that we all have to shut up while Joy, Old Jong, KJ, James and whoever else tell us what it all means...theoretically!!! :D

And then later Rene could write a book about it! :p

And after the book becomes a best seller and makes the New York Times book review - and after the documentary about the book is shown on Public Television...

we can send a hard bound copy to the Wing Chun Museum to be enshrined and put on display for generations to come. :cool:

whitefox
05-13-2005, 09:18 AM
There is a good thread about conditioning on the forums. Now thats something positive :)

Ernie
05-13-2005, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Ultimatewingchun

And then later Rene could write a book about it! :p

And after the book becomes a best seller and makes the New York Times book review - and after the documentary about the book is shown on Public Television...

we can send a hard bound copy to the Wing Chun Museum to be enshrined and put on display for generations to come. :cool:[/QUOTE]

don't forget we need to link it back to shoalin and then hendrik can write the forward awarness of snake body thus i have heard :D

Kevin Bell
05-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the Cleveland event is gonna be Shootout at the OK coral rather than a meeting of mutual respect and extending the olive branch of friendship.

Someone put some clips up :D

Gangsterfist
05-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Some of the problem is we are all dogmatic in our thinking here about wing chun. Some people say its for fighting only, and I don't think they have been in a serious fight situation. Some might say that all your wing chun knowledge is not complete until you develope the awareness. Others say its in the history or the roots where real wing chun lies.

So what does this all mean?

Nothing really. In a way they are all good things to know and practice but at the same time they are not the end all be all results or goals of wing chun. How many people out there have developed internal power? I mean real internal power? I am not talking about chi blasts, or no touch knock outs. I am talking about using the body in relaxed ways to generate short range burst power. I will admit I have not developed great internal power yet, but I am working on it.

A guy I train with can hit you with his fist being an inch away from your body and that hit will send you straight down to the ground. You do not fly back, you do not feel pain on the surface you feel it through your body. You basically sit straight down on the ground. His energy sinks you to the ground instantly and it hurts.

I have seen some fantastic martial artists in my short time. They all have their path they traveled, and their style they studied, etc.

I think that people are too yang on this forum, saying its this way or that way, and wing chun is only for fighting, and wing chun needs to have tournaments, etc. I honestly care less of what the outside wing chun world does, I care more about what I do, and how I train. I think, IMO, you should balance things out. Perhaps look at wing chun as an art instead of just fighting. Get a deeper understanding, then once you discover that go back to fighting and see how much different you see wing chun. Try to find the awareness of the body, so you can feel your structure and you can adjust it on the fly when need be through sensitivity. Then go back to what you are used to doing and see how differently it effects your training.

just an idea, a little idea

Mighty Scott
05-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Some of the problem is we are all dogmatic in our thinking here about wing chun.

I'll have you know my dog is fully manual and not...
Alright bad pun... (is there such a thing as a good pun?) :)

rogue
05-13-2005, 11:56 AM
{ Rogue thinks to self, "Hmmmm, clean this place up, a little paint and it'd make a nice TKD forum." } ;)

sihing
05-13-2005, 12:02 PM
You can almost look at this forum as a sort of archive. There is tons of information on this forum that one would be hard pressed to find using any other method. If I want to find out about whatever clan of WC, historical figures, current practitioners, master,etc.. I can on here and that is a great thing. The problem of course is people and the way we treat each other. There's allot of grouping here (theoretians, fighters, historians, etc...) and people using labels. This is where the problem lays IMO. Details and differences between us should be understood, and not taken personally, as we all have our varied opinions on things and this is the place to talk about those differences and similarities.

James

canglong
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
You guys have obviously missed this all important earth shattering thread.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35813

reneritchie
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I am still broken hearted that the VTM ignored my previous request:

Please pass this on to Benny, it's already in Dayton, and I'm sure he could think up some clever WCK connection to get it into the VTM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99975&item=6526951008&rd=1

X-Wing Chun would have been a fricken awesome addition :)

azwingchun
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
There's allot of grouping here (theoretians, fighters, historians, etc...)

And that is what made this place such a great forum, various thinkers and ideas...regardless of what it is(was). We have the ability to share our own ideas, but now people feel a little skeptical doing so, as they may be told the are wrong or that they don't understand.

and people using labels.

This has been the great downfall! Not to sound like I am contradicting myself from the first statement, because I am not. But the fact that we have people here with different abilities, knowledge and experiences.....this is what made it great! But when people start using the labels, name grouping and pointing fingers...this is where we have lost track of what this forum is about (to me anyway).

Details and differences between us should be understood, and not taken personally, as we all have our varied opinions on things and this is the place to talk about those differences and similarities.

Agreed! We don't have to believe everything everyone says here, but accept it as just an opinion, or someone else's beliefs and leave it at that, with out all the attacks.

Samson
05-13-2005, 05:14 PM
New Subject

While the martial arts have a long history in both Japan and China, the rise of MMA has been something akin to the scientific method, where we can actually test the claims. Japanese styles (mainly Judo/Jiujitsu) have made an invaluable contribution to the sport, while the Chinese styles seem to have contributed nothing. The reality is that some of these Japanese martial arts really do work, while the Chinese martial arts seem to be almost pure mythology. If I'm wrong, one has to wonder why a country of over a billion people has not been able to bring forth a single MMA competitor of note. China can create an NBA star, but its rich and ancient history of martial arts can't produce a single MMA champion? A country with less than a tenth the people manages to produce so many great MMA competitors.

whitefox
05-13-2005, 05:25 PM
New Subject

While the martial arts have a long history in both Japan and China, the rise of MMA has been something akin to the scientific method, where we can actually test the claims. Japanese styles (mainly Judo/Jiujitsu) have made an invaluable contribution to the sport, while the Chinese styles seem to have contributed nothing. The reality is that some of these Japanese martial arts really do work, while the Chinese martial arts seem to be almost pure mythology. If I'm wrong, one has to wonder why a country of over a billion people has not been able to bring forth a single MMA competitor of note. China can create an NBA star, but its rich and ancient history of martial arts can't produce a single MMA champion? A country with less than a tenth the people manages to produce so many great MMA competitors.

huh??? :confused:

reneritchie
05-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't think there's an active MMA training scene in China at this point. Back during Mao's time, they just did Wushu and when visiting Sanshou teams came, the Chinese team didn't spar well. Then they started training for it, and already being spectacular athletes, the next time a visiting team came, they did much better.

They do very well in the many amateur athletics they do persue, so if they had teams the way Brazil had Chute Boxe, BTT, etc., the U.S. had ATT, Quest, MFS, etc., Russia had Red Devil, RTT, etc., I'm sure they would also become competitive.

Likewise, the spread of Asian wrasslin from Mongolia, through China, into Japan, and to Brazil has also seen a shift of focus from pit-fighting to injurious combat method, to harmonious sport (which went on to favor throws), to ground-fighting MMA.

Moral of both stories: You are what you train.

rogue
05-15-2005, 01:00 PM
The reality is that some of these Japanese martial arts really do work, while the Chinese martial arts seem to be almost pure mythology. If I'm wrong, one has to wonder why a country of over a billion people has not been able to bring forth a single MMA competitor of note. Maybe because with a billion people they don't need to go outside of the country and do MMA.

planetwc
05-15-2005, 02:29 PM
The Chinese are a little busy right now as they are the manufacturing center of the world at the moment. Their economy is red hot, they are the place where raw materials from all over the world are going to fuel their explosive growth.

It's the place where all computers by ALL the major players are manufactured now.

It's the place where the majority of consumer electronics are manufactured now--from cell phones, to TV's to monitors, to dvd players, mp3 players, cameras, etc.

It's the place where Wal-mart the largest retailer on the planet has annointed as the perferred source for their goods.

So the Chinese are a little busy being the place where everything you buy comes from. Perhaps when they have some free time, they'll spend some of their recreation time on building a MMA culture.

You might ask the same thing about India for that matter. They too are busy taking over the knowledge work of the world for pennies on the dollar. The playing fields of work have been levelled but not in a way you might imagine.

Now perhaps the uneducated underclass might be interested in MMA. But in both cases I doubt it. In the case of China, the government certainly isn't interested in a populace being trained in combative arts. Not if your goal is to suppress and control them. Historically during the cultural revolution they killed off or "re-educated" martial arts teachers en masses in China.

You have to look at the big picture to see what has gone on in the long term and what is important in the short term to figure out priorities.

Martial Arts in China is viewed more as a "tourist" industry draw than anything.
You can see it in the "Shaolin Temple" and in the dumbing down of the tournaments in Chen Village for example.

So, again, right now the focus on scientific method is not on MMA, but on economic development and domination of strategic marketplaces. In many respects it is tragic that instead of forcing change as we did against the Soviet Union in a technological race--we've simply HANDED OVER and outsourced our technology in the name of reduced labor costs and profit.

Start taking a look at the back of everything you own and purchase to see where it is Manufactured at. Wonder why the cost of raw materials here like steel and cement are so high and WHERE they are being exported to.

Start wondering if your MMA training will allow you to compete with someone with a higher education than you who is quite happy with a $5,000/year salary in their country.

Pay attention to what matters, as opposed to who has what belt in the latest Pride or UFC. It's about as meaningfull as who "won" on any particular WWE show or Don King sponsored Boxing event.

New Subject

Ernie
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
TTT

Looks like I called it

all that is left to pull the plug ,sweep the floor and lock the door !

unless of course you like the antics of the multiple Sybil personality *FRAUD SQUAD* and the ongoing battle for attention !

well I guess it's better then reality TV , as the Kung Fu Fantasy Film Festival continues hahahahahaha

resume the 3rd graders fight for lunch room popularity ,

fading back to grown up land
peace

duende
07-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Ernie,

You called it alright! The sybil krap is beyond lame. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You're always welcome at HFY108... but you know that. :)

Later,

Alex

marcus_pasram
07-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Don't drink the Kool Aid.

wingchunmike
07-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm not talking about this forum.It still seems to be doing OK.The forum that has just about died (and rightfully so) is the "vingtsun.com.hk/forum".That forum used to be so active until the forum started publishing everyones IP address.Then the trolls flew away.It was funny to watch.This forum is 1000 times better than that one.

Gangsterfist
07-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, if you practice zen UWC, nothing really exists, its just all an illusion :D

Ernie
07-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Kool aid = magic bull$hit juice that the fantasy fu people drink and buy into all the crap there told , stuff like breaking bricks , chi , iron nut sack or anything iron who in the hell want to turn themselves into a punching bag ? , what Sifu says , ridicules theories, concepts , techniques to create the illusion of being special
/ colonel secret spices syndrome , walking on water , 36 chambers , our way is better then everybody else because we can trace our style back the pound scum at the beginning of time '' right after the big bang , once you hand me all your money and become a disciple then you will be a master and get certified and no one will stop you ! , etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not a derogatory statement , would have asked for grape knee high :eek:

hope that helps please pass it on to all multiple personalities in the room and CC the puppet master ;)

he shoots , he scores , he doesn't care more meaningless banter :cool:

fading back to the world of the only slightly insane

Peace

lawrenceofidaho
07-30-2005, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=Ernie]Kool aid = magic bull$hit juice that the fantasy fu people drink and buy into all the crap there told , stuff like breaking bricks , chi , iron nut sack or anything iron who in the hell want to turn themselves into a punching bag ? , what Sifu says, ridicules theories, concepts , techniques to create the illusion of being special / colonel secret spices syndrome , walking on water , 36 chambers , our way is better then everybody else because we can trace our style back the pound scum at the beginning of time '' right after the big bang , once you hand me all your money and become a disciple then you will be a master and get certified and no one will stop you ![QUOTE]

Ernie, -That is pure poetry, Bro........ :)

(It's 5 minutes later, and I still can't stop laughing about "Colonel secret spices syndrome"!!) :D

Ernie
07-30-2005, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE=Ernie]Kool aid = magic bull$hit juice that the fantasy fu people drink and buy into all the crap there told , stuff like breaking bricks , chi , iron nut sack or anything iron who in the hell want to turn themselves into a punching bag ? , what Sifu says, ridicules theories, concepts , techniques to create the illusion of being special / colonel secret spices syndrome , walking on water , 36 chambers , our way is better then everybody else because we can trace our style back the pound scum at the beginning of time '' right after the big bang , once you hand me all your money and become a disciple then you will be a master and get certified and no one will stop you ![QUOTE]

Ernie, -That is pure poetry, Bro........ :)

(It's 5 minutes later, and I still can't stop laughing about "Colonel secret spices syndrome"!!) :D

Glad i could be of service :D

got to run bro , have 3 miles of road work , 2 hours of coaching , and 1 hour of bag work to put in ,

got a little something , something to handle in a month ;)

peace

P.s. I got Jokes :D

Ali Rahim
07-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Don't drink the Kool Aid.

There is no harm done, I respect all of you guys,, for real,, now that I know what I’m dealing with… I can’t fault you for that… so lets not fight,, I’ll behave…

Ali Rahim.

Peace. :)

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://www.detroitwingchun.com)

Ernie
07-30-2005, 01:54 PM
First part of letting go , is to let it go
don't bring it up don't answer if it is brought up grow beyond that point and be the bigger person ;)

as for detroit it's a speck of sand on a big planet could give a rats @ss

i'm just entertained by the ghost writers and multiple personalities funny $hit man

and the demise of what once a fun place

because a speck of dust can't let go :D

not my job to fix people , so please continue with the whole stones and glass house thing ;)

insert last word here ----X---- :D :D :D

YuanZhideDiZhen
07-30-2005, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=lawrenceofidaho][QUOTE=Ernie]Kool aid = magic bull$hit juice that the fantasy fu people drink and buy into all the crap there told ...to create the illusion of being special / colonel secret spices syndrome ... and no one will stop you !

got a little something , something to handle in a month ;)

just don't try to claim you're someone or something you're not. like the originator of 'the "colonel's secret spices" syndrome' saying. it's particularly old and was coined in the LA wilshire 500 district.

anerlich
07-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Trust me

LOL, I don't think so.

duende
07-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Ernie and Anerlich,

Unfortunately this isn't the first time we've seen this multiple personality syndrome...

But at least that person went on vacation once in a while ;)

Geez Detroit... give it a rest.

No one cares. REALLY.

Ultimatewingchun
07-30-2005, 07:53 PM
And speaking of multiple personalities who NEVER seem to stop reincarnating...am I the only one around here who has noticed that this "newcomer", WingChunTao, and who has a grand total of 21 posts...and who is already siding with Ali Rahim on various issues....is ALSO from Detroit???

Check out his latest post carefully:

"Ali, Some people don't want peace. They just want to bully people around, read things into post, cry to moderators and all that Jazz. They are the ones who keep brining up Redmond and dragging out this and other shenannigans. Trust me when I say this WC world "some of us here in Detroit DON'T spend our time defacing others like some door say WE do". We don't resort to calling people names, defacing there character or any of this mess..." (WingChunTao)

***IT'S THE PINCH-HITTERS who are always writing lies and slander about Phil Redmond - but we all know who the manager of the team is who keeps sending them up to the plate.

And until all of this is STOPPED, Mr. Moderator...I'll continue to post about it.

anerlich
07-30-2005, 08:30 PM
you guys are going witch hunting
Troll hunting is the accurate expression.

Ernie
07-30-2005, 08:35 PM
A lesson in combat / A experiment to measure the level of silliness

preliminary analysis and pot shotting/probing

first get a read off the person or situation , this is developed through time standing in front of many different people an intuitive recon ability per say
in this situation I simply stated the demise of the forum based on the current direction of people attitudes and ego's . I listed my observations , yet named no names !
simply stated the obvious and tossed it out like a light jab or man sau

ironically certain parties must have found truth in what I said be it guilt or it just struck to close to home [ they bit on the first jab and over reacted ] a very emotional response and a sure fire sign of a lack of skill and self discipline

lesson 2 once you established the guy is jumpy , fire a few more random shots give give him room he will show you all his ''go to'' hands nervous reaction right away

at his point you can read him like a book , you can stay out in long range and just pot shot him to death [ cause him to go all over committed and rush in way to telegraphic ] terminate him or just slip back out in long range and keep playing the game

eventually it's just fun watching them trip over themselves in desperation . see the spirit leave there eyes and the almost begging to be dropped just to end it

some times they try and get all ****y to bring there dieing spirit back and turn the emotional tide on you , but any one that has been around long enough knows it just that last wild jerking a person makes before the pass out from a nice choke

when your on the outside watching the show it's just interesting to see how people react , thank your for participating in my little experiment

even by listing no names some can not resist like a moth to a flame

simply and sadly predictable

I'm bored with this peace out who knows maybe one day the dog will catch it's tail :cool:

anerlich
07-30-2005, 09:05 PM
maybe one day the dog will catch it's tail

Bit like a dog chasing a car, too. What's he going to do if he catches it? Drive to Vegas?

YuanZhideDiZhen
07-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Bit like a dog chasing a car, too. What's he going to do if he catches it? Drive to Vegas?

no, she's gonna find peace at a particularly inviting oasis in the desert. all you passers-by: don't stop longer than it takes to fill your canteen. :p

ernie sounds like the kind of 'scientist'/'psychologist'/'history of pschology' major who's either been there or sent folks for a nice little vacation... :eek: :p

WingChunTao
07-31-2005, 02:36 PM
To whom it may concern (you now who you are). I am my own person, not a puppet. No one tells me what to do, think, write, speak etc....
As far as Redmond is concerned, I have never really met the guy, put him down or slandered him. I have talked to him on the phone. For all you doubters out there. "I WingChunTao-Francois" will be teaching Phil classical guitar lessons soon. Do you think that if I have a problem with him that I would teach him guitar? You can ask the man himself. I don't care about all your politics people. Leave me out of this mess. What I do care about is Wing Chun, Music and life. I post from factual evidence not personal attacks like some here do. Do you know what Ad Hominem means? "attacking ones person or character not the argument at hand". This is done when one has a weak argument and is very typical from a critiacal thinking standpoint. You should be shure that your arguments deal with the facts. I have seen more slandering and BS from you guys more than anyone else. Just because I side with this person or that person on an issue doesn't mean anything. I look at the facts that are presented then see how to best put them into words, especially in a non-slanderous, demeaning manner. So, you should get your facts straight before you start accusing people of slander or anything else.

P.S. Just in case you all forgot, the argument was, someone said, "Wing Chun won't last another 20 years in its present form". If that is the argument then how did you get so far off track. Stick to the facts not fantasy.

detroitwingchun.com (www.detroitwingchun.com)

Fajing
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Just because I side with this person or that person on an issue doesn't mean anything. I look at the facts that are presented then see how to best put them into words, especially in a non-slanderous, demeaning manner.detroitwingchun.com (www.detroitwingchun.com)

True That!! I think we should all try and stick to this peacefull mentality.

anerlich
07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
"I WingChunTao-Francois" will be teaching Phil classical guitar lessons soon.

It's good that at least someone in Detroit is prepared to deal with Phil Redmond rationally.

I have seen more slandering and BS from you guys more than anyone else.

I think most intelligent readers of the forum have seen from where the recent vituperation originated, and will draw their own conclusions, as you suggest, from the evidence which has passed before their eyes.

"Wing Chun won't last another 20 years in its present form"

That was the argument on another thread, not this one. I think it will continue as a TCMA. Whether people choose to follow it exclusively or train in more of the rich variety of other disciplines out there is a personal choice.

WingChunTao
08-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Anerlich. Nicely put and very peaceful. Peace

Phil Redmond
08-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Francois is correct. I will be taking classical guitar lessons from him this week. I even brought him a Bomba y Plena CD back from my trip to Puerto Rico so he could stay in touch with his Latin roots. ;)
PR

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
To whom it may concern (you now who you are). I am my own person, not a puppet. No one tells me what to do, think, write, speak etc....

hey... isn't that a classic 'history of psychology' student quote? victims of puppeteers. marianettes the lot of them. can't even come up with an original way to say: "yeah, i was a scientology dope. but when i figured out what the deal was it was too late. the puppeteers had ruined my life by making me desire something that was thier desire alone and they relived it through me."

they say exactly the same quote for independance as all the others whom are affected like them.

as an anthropolgist this is one of the key quotes i use to identify the disaffected.

WingChunTao
08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Aye! :D :D :D

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Aye! :D :D :D

WHAT!!!?? no bite?? that's a screaming red fish lure if i've ever thrown one!
i've never failed to snag a response!
so, you must know you're in need of direction when you reply with a happy face string like that....did you take extrrah meds today?

seriously, though. i did not mean to offend on the asthetic: just to identify a common factor in disaffected people of that philosophical inclination.

Ernie
08-01-2005, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=YuanZhideDiZhen]WHAT!!!?? no bite?? that's a screaming red fish lure if i've ever thrown one!
i've never failed to snag a response!
QUOTE]

Lesson 3
the art of faking / feinting / attack by draw

first you have to learn how to *sell* a fake be a bit of an actor , emulate a real line of attack , can't be to fast , slow guys won't bite they can't see it
fast guys will jump and crash it

seasoned guys will just stay an inch out of range and smile [ like a pat on the back nice try sonny ]

sell it make it deep and honest use a slurred rhythm [ so even if he tries to be slick and counter the change in speed ,tempo and line will throw him off a bit ]

part 2

best time to fake is within a second or two after you have already landed a real shot , his mind will flinch and react if there is an echo of pain infliction

so establish a real shot or be a good actor :D

just tossing you a bone , :) nice try sonny ;)

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
first you have to learn how to *sell* a fake be a bit of an actor , emulate a real line ... can't be to fast, slow guys won't bite what they can't see and fast guys will jump and crash it. seasoned guys will just stay an inch out of range and smile [ like a pat on the back nice try sonny ].

sell it make it deep and honest use a slurred rhythm [ so even if he tries to be slick and counter the change in speed ,tempo and line will throw him off a bit ]

best time to fake is within a second or two after you have already landed a real shot , his mind will flinch and react if there is an echo of pain infliction
so establish a real shot or be a good actor :D

you're one, too? classic sales training from the apologetic scientologist!

what martial arts do y'all generally study? tkd? mantis? mi zong/lost track? wing chun? any others or does this pretty much cover your needs of expression?

Ernie
08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
what martial arts do y'all generally study? tkd? mantis? mi zong/lost track? wing chun? any others or does this pretty much cover your needs of expression?

MMA thumbwrestling ! :D
i'm in the middlewieght division all state champ 1942

silly boy :cool:

WingChunTao
08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
No problemo. I said 'Aye' as in yes to agree with you. I watched The Next Karate Kid last night and the monks in the movie said Aye alot. I don't know if that is how it is spelled. I don't speak/read Japanese but, I knew what it meant. When I read your post I just about fell out of my chair with laughter. Peace, Francois :D :D :D

P.S. The intellectual fish will sit and ponder, and ponder, and ponder, and then ponder some more, before bitting. Now back to self medication!!!!!

Sihing73
08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
No problemo. I said 'Aye' as in yes to agree with you. I watched The Next Karate Kid last night and the monks in the movie said Aye alot. I don't know if that is how it is spelled. I don't speak/read Japanese but, I knew what it meant. When I read your post I just about fell out of my chair with laughter. Peace, Francois :D :D :D

P.S. The intellectual fish will sit and ponder, and ponder, and ponder, and then ponder some more, before bitting. Now back to self medication!!!!!

Hello,

Not to interupt but if it was the monks speaking then perhaps they were saying HAI not Aye. Just an observation...........

WingChunTao
08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks Sihing73. Sounds good to me. Now that I think of it, Aye sounds like something out of pirate movie. Peace, or shall I say 'Aye and Arrgh'.

Ali
08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
you're one, too? classic sales training from the apologetic scientologist!

LOL...

Ali Rahim.

Ali
08-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Take every fake as “REAL”,, always attack the attack… This way your opponents fake themselves out!!! The same as my "Pit Bull" does,, you fake him; he's coming in anyway...

And it makes their defensive responses slower ("attacking the attack")...
the longer the fight goes,, the higher chance of getting yourself killed...
Hell you are going to fight anyway,, so take the fight to him!!!

Try faking out a “Pit Bull” before fighting it and you will see my point…
Try to never play football in the Wing Chun fighting system (fakes),, it works much quicker if you don’t…

While he’s faking,, his mind is not thinking defense... When he fakes,, run in looking for bridge contact and watch their eyes pop right out of their heads from shock... Need good timing to catch them in the middle of their fake... there are a lot of drills that can help you with that...

Ali Rahim.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:09 AM
MMA thumbwrestling ! :D
i'm in the middlewieght division all state champ 1942

silly boy :cool:

well, if it isn't horacio! great to see/hear from you again! last we saw each other you were trying to get me to let you start off in the dominant position in the sand with a few beers in me. i almost took you up on it... :cool:

i keep thinking about a move and job placement but i keep remebering what you said: if you can't fight about your faith/religion why fight about anything? my god loves a good fight: he always picked the underdogs. i think i can put together a fairly competitive team from your bordellos, but i've also found some here that i'd like to feed to the grinder... :cool:

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Hello,

Not to interupt but if it was the monks speaking then perhaps they were saying HAI not Aye. Just an observation...........

every monk is dreaming of hai, but not saying it. :D

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:16 AM
ali, you're new signature is most pidgen. perhaps i'll swing by for some coffee later today...do you have cinnamon?

Ali
08-02-2005, 06:31 AM
ali, you're new signature is most pidgen. perhaps i'll swing by for some coffee later today...do you have cinnamon?

Let's do this :) :) always love your posts!!

I'm not supposed to be on this right now,, I'm working; gota go...

Ali Rahim.

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Let's do this :) :) always love your posts!!

I'm not supposed to be on this right now,, I'm working; gota go...

Ali Rahim.

two cool chews for you. and , yes, i have challenged a pit bull. and, yes, it is as you say. but the pit bull was just playing... i think he knew he could bite my hand off if he wanted to: i held my fist straight out at knee height and he charged it, opened his mouth and closed ever so gently as my fist slowly broke into a forming bolus at the back of his mouth. dog kindly spat my hand out. :cool:

Ernie
08-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Take every fake as “REAL”,, always attack the attack… This way your opponents fake themselves out!!! The same as my "Pit Bull" does,, you fake him; he's coming in anyway...

And it makes their defensive responses slower ("attacking the attack")...
the longer the fight goes,, the higher chance of getting yourself killed...
Hell you are going to fight anyway,, so take the fight to him!!!

Try faking out a “Pit Bull” before fighting it and you will see my point…
Try to never play football in the Wing Chun fighting system (fakes),, it works much quicker if you don’t…

While he’s faking,, his mind is not thinking defense... When he fakes,, run in looking for bridge contact and watch their eyes pop right out of their heads from shock... Need good timing to catch them in the middle of their fake... there are a lot of drills that can help you with that...

Ali Rahim.

this only works with thos that lack skill in fakes ,
dogs are dogs people are people

drawing one line on the way to another has a built in defense of controlling distance and position change

you want people to attack the fake this puts them in the wrong position , were you never were going in the first place , it's easy to fake a dog he is a samll minded animal driven on instinct that fights other small minded animals driven on instinct

hmm well may be they are more like people come to think of it :D

there is a skill in causeing a person to think one think while you do another

but most are to simple , to filled with ego , and fear to cultivate it

like any skill it has a time and a place , not always just sometimes when needed

but parrots would never understand these things , just another simple animal that recites what it is told ;)

yes better to be a man then an animal :cool:

Ali
08-02-2005, 07:51 AM
this only works with thos that lack skill in fakes ,
dogs are dogs people are people

drawing one line on the way to another has a built in defense of controlling distance and position change

you want people to attack the fake this puts them in the wrong position , were you never were going in the first place , it's easy to fake a dog he is a samll minded animal driven on instinct that fights other small minded animals driven on instinct

hmm well may be they are more like people come to think of it :D

there is a skill in causeing a person to think one think while you do another

but most are to simple , to filled with ego , and fear to cultivate it

like any skill it has a time and a place , not always just sometimes when needed

but parrots would never understand these things , just another simple animal that recites what it is told ;)

yes better to be a man then an animal :cool:

LOL!!!

A quote by Musashi:

"The Bashful Monkey does not reach out with his arms. There is no spirit in the intention of the attack and it is usually used by those who do not understand the strategy of attack.

The Bashful Monkey is unsure of himself and is probably thinking of being hurt. By keeping yourself at more than arm's distance from the enemy, you are essentially not being sure of your own abilities.

The attitude of destroying the enemy with one cut is
based on the attitude of "going in" to the attack. If not,
your spirit is lacking and your resolve is less than complete.

You must always close in on the enemy regardlesss of the indication of the enemy's strength."

Ali Rahim.

Ernie
08-02-2005, 08:17 AM
LOL!!!

A quote by Musashi:

You must always close in on the enemy regardlesss of the indication of the enemy's strength."

Ali Rahim.

Hmmm reciting another mans words , How original

Ali- LOL!!! -- i liked this better ;) and it sums up my take on the whole thing, can't have a discussion with a ghost or a man living in a hall of mirrors ;)

as i said not my job to fix man or beast best wishes on your journey , some will follow another mans steps some will walk on there own both are right for the individual :cool:

peace be with you [ and all the reflections ]

insert last knee jerk reaction here ;)

YuanZhideDiZhen
08-02-2005, 02:02 PM
insert last knee jerk reaction here ;)

now who's dragging a vine through the mud? (my that monkey looks tasty... :cool: ).

i hesitate to tell you, but i might as well...i've been working on that drilling technique i told you about. and some others. four beers each, you direct to the position i bet another beer i can get out of it before the spectator beer gets warm. :D

Phil Redmond
08-03-2005, 05:16 AM
every monk is dreaming of hai, but not saying it. :D
Hey, I speak Cantonese watch your language :D Monks should never be thinking of that. ;)
PR