PDA

View Full Version : The Wing Chun Forum Needs Our Help

rogue
05-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Those boys are really depressed over on the WCF. It's so bad they're not even fighting with each other over whose WC is better because master so and so beat master X on a roof top a hundred years ago. So get on over there and do your best to pick them up out of the gutter, brush them off and get them back to their old selves. Trolling always seems to be a good start.

Gene, if this doesn't work can I have the WC forum and use if for TKD and Judo?

ewallace
05-13-2005, 12:05 PM
TKD, Judo and WC all suck anyway. Just merge it with the JKD forum.

Shaolinlueb
05-13-2005, 12:12 PM
bwuahahahahahaha ooooh man. them not fighting about their masters? hmmm maybe i should tell them about wing chun-do. that was around long before the nun made wing chun. and it came originally from mongolia. bwuahahahaha.

kidding.

GeneChing
05-13-2005, 02:29 PM
no

Dang, I just wanted to say 'no' but that 10 character minimum messed it up.

Gangsterfist
05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
We don't need saving :shakes fist:

-btw this forum needs a shaking fist emote!

David Jamieson
05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
nevermind all that other stuff I just said.

I did my part to revitalize the wc forum. :D

SimonM
05-13-2005, 06:39 PM
How about a sword forum? I have yet to find a forum specific to Chinese sword arts and I actually don't like the Katana that much. :p
I think that is some sort of martial arts saccrilege isn't it? ;)

rogue
05-13-2005, 07:26 PM
What about a BJJ forum Gene? Could we turn it into a BJJ forum? How about a fantasy fight forum?

anerlich
05-13-2005, 11:29 PM
The Wing Chun forum needs red5angel to go back and train with Carl Dechiara in WC again, and resume posting his long monologues about how excited it makes him.

Vash
05-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Just merge it with the JKD forum.

. . . slowly, ever so slowly, my plan comes to fruition . . . holy ****, is this thing on?

IronFist
05-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Get them to argue about why they think they can move with their tendons and not their muscles :rolleyes:

SPJ
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Wing Chun has perfect centerline and in the zone theory and practice.

It is both economical or efficient and practical.

If you have your fist or palms taking up your centerline, all the incoming fists and legs are moved out of your vital areas or outside of your shoulder line.

With 2 hands, or one is Yin to defend and the other is Yang to attack and interchangable.

Plus elbow high, mid and low, up and down.

There are many changes in space and timing. Both hands and elbows may work in sequence and combo. Talking about the 10,000 of Buddha hand and not just 3 times or San Fo Shou in the little ideas.

The many little ideas never run out of good ideas.

All the thousand changes and million transformations are all your Buddha hands.

With the Buddha in your heart or centerline, the hands will give you 10,000 forms.

Bored.

Naaah. NEVER.

:)

SevenStar
05-17-2005, 07:57 AM
knife fighter and I have most of them riled up alot of the time, but we haven't been posting there lately. UWC and a few of the others agree with our thoughts, but many of them - like sihing - usually don't.

Gangsterfist
05-17-2005, 08:41 AM
knife fighter and I have most of them riled up alot of the time, but we haven't been posting there lately. UWC and a few of the others agree with our thoughts, but many of them - like sihing - usually don't.

For the record it is of my knowledge Knifefighter has very little wing chun experience to even validate his points. Not to mention everyone argues amongst themselves.

Mr Punch
05-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Not to mention everyone argues amongst themselves.No we don't.

:D

SevenStar
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
he's trained WC before - I want to say for several years, but I can't recall. His points on training are very valid though. you're right about everyone arguing though. Here recently though it seems like it's been centered around the MMA/WC issue, usually based on something that one of us, terrence or UWC has to say.

David Jamieson
05-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Wing Chun has perfect centerline and in the zone theory and practice.

It is both economical or efficient and practical.

If you have your fist or palms taking up your centerline, all the incoming fists and legs are moved out of your vital areas or outside of your shoulder line.

With 2 hands, or one is Yin to defend and the other is Yang to attack and interchangable.

Plus elbow high, mid and low, up and down.

There are many changes in space and timing. Both hands and elbows may work in sequence and combo. Talking about the 10,000 of Buddha hand and not just 3 times or San Fo Shou in the little ideas.

The many little ideas never run out of good ideas.

All the thousand changes and million transformations are all your Buddha hands.

With the Buddha in your heart or centerline, the hands will give you 10,000 forms.

Bored.

Naaah. NEVER.

:)

I think that all this can be said of any style in principle and theory.
And I agree it's all in the hands of the practitioner.
Even a bad stylist can be learned from when correct principles are applied.

Gangsterfist
05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
he's trained WC before - I want to say for several years, but I can't recall. His points on training are very valid though. you're right about everyone arguing though. Here recently though it seems like it's been centered around the MMA/WC issue, usually based on something that one of us, terrence or UWC has to say.

He's never once said who is sifu was or for how long he trained or how far he got into the system. Infact, we convinced dale to go work out with ernie and gary lam in LA and he was suppose to, to see some good wing chun.

As for what UWC and Terrence well they have their views, and they definately let the whole forum know about them. :eek:

SevenStar
05-17-2005, 09:55 AM
he's said it before. for some reason, 4 years is sticking in my head. He did say that he chooses not to divulge his teacher's name though.