PDA

View Full Version : xing yi or bagua in tampa area?

silversurfer
05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
looking for any skilled masters who teach in the tampa area can someone help me out??

thanks

4time
05-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Hey surfer-I have tried to find a teacher in Tampa, but no luck so far. You can try Dr. Gary Torres (phoenixdragonkungfu.com)- I have no Idea about his skill, but his monthly fee was, shall we say, steep. All intern. styles.
I trained with Art D'Agostino, and he is very good. Has a place in Plant city (shangwufarms.com), teaches PM and chen, but don't think he has 'classes' in the traditional sense.
Nick Scrima has a big school in Dunedin, also teaches all intern. styles. Will be opening a school in Tampa this month. (kungfutoday.com)
I see your post in the other forum, and if you want to check the PM schools, then John Scolara in Tampa is a good bet. If he offered more than 3 classes a week I would be training there, but my schedule would make me miss at least one a week. (ponglai.com)
I tried the Pak mei school near Ocala, but it was a 2 hr. round trip, and most of sifu's time was spent with the senior citizens teaching tai chi. It may be different now.
There is also a chen teacher in north Tampa, Douglas Nakamoto (hometown.aol.com/dnakamoto/) who is a Chen instructor. I may try to make his class. One class a week on sunday morning. Hope this helped-good luck.