PDA

View Full Version : How to fix leg imbalance

stubbs
05-15-2005, 04:02 AM
My left knee pops quite a bit and feels 'funny' compared to my right knee. I've found that when I slightly tense my left calf and hamstring both my knees feel exactly the same and when I straighten it it doesn't pop. I think that from an old rugby injury, I overstretched my left hamstring and it never fully repaired. I reckon if I can tighten it slightly and balance out the calf muscle (it's very slightly smaller compared to the right) this should fix or at least help my problem.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to pay ?45 (US$83) a month for gym membership. If I do, single leg extensions, single leg curls, and single calf raises should help out.

If I don't then I've got to come up with something I can do at home. I might buy some kettlebells. If I do, I'll try single straight leg deadlifts. I'd probably put a bench behind me so I can rest the leg I'm not working on so that my hips and back stay square. I'll probably also try pistols with a calf raise at the top of the exercise. Bootstrappers might help too (http://www.trainforstrength.com/ex-2.shtml)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for evening out my hamstrings without any equipment other than freeweights?
________
Blowjob tubes (http://www.****tube.com/categories/13/blowjob/videos/1)

rubthebuddha
05-15-2005, 12:50 PM
lunges are a good start, as is basic yoga.

Chief Fox
05-16-2005, 08:19 AM
you can also do hindu squats, wall sits and calf raises on a step.

fa_jing
05-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Don't worry too much about imbalances, you will always have them. Unless they are getting in the way somehow.

Toby
05-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Squats. Deadlift. :D

I wouldn't worry. I have some minor "cosmetic" imbalances (left calf smaller, left pec used to be smaller, left hand is weaker at CoC's, etc). It doesn't bother me. None of it really affects my performance, so I don't care. I was also sorta serious with the heavy lifts. I found they help somewhat. Your "weaker" side won't stay weak and provided you're using free weights you are forced to use both sides when you lift.