PDA

View Full Version : UK Wing Chun Conference

Paul T England
05-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Hello,

I am involved with organising a wing chun gathering that is being held in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England on 3rd July 2005.

The aim is to bring together wing chun instructors and students to develop our wing chun. We are not interested in lineage/politics only functional wing chun.

Many wing chun teachers will be in attendance from across the UK but we are looking at four respected individuals to present their wing chun. We currently have Sifu Alan Orr and Sifu Trevor Jefferson confirmed.

If you are interested in attending in either capacity you can contact me at paultennet@hotmail.com

I hope we can turn this into and annual event to bring together the uk wing chun community.

Regards
Paul Tennet

Nick Forrer
05-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi Paul
you might want to email my teacher and see if he is interested

WSL ASSOC UK (http://wongvingtsun.co.uk)

stuartm
05-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Hi there,

I would have come along to this event guys, but Newcastle is bit of stretch for most people outside of North England :( .

Any chance of having it somewhere more central???

If not hope it goes well. I know Trev and spent a lot of time with him in Hong Kong / China in 2002. I think we started off the Chi Sau session in the bar in Hong Kong on our first night :) A real nice bloke who knows his stuff - please say hi from Swansea Stu.

Hope it all goes well, and ill have to see how im fixed for time

Stu

Paul T England
05-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi guys,

It would be great if you could attend, we are hoping to have the lads from scotland down and also many others. Newcastle is the greatest place in the world so its worth the travel!!!

Thanks Nick I am planning on inviting your sifu.

Paul T England
06-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder about the Wing Chun conference in Newcastle upon Tyne.

3rd July - workshops by 3 different teachers.

for more details email me at paultennet@hotmail.com

stricker
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah i'd definitely be interested, but Newcastle is at least a four hour drive or even longer on the train, it's almost in Scotland!

Have a good conference whoever makes it!