PDA

View Full Version : Shifu Jake Burroughs in Germany

German Bai Lung
05-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, the weekend is over and a wonderful meeting with Shifu Jake Burroughs.

He did a great Seminar and all the students and people who came were very pleased and impressed by his ability to give such great insights in his Tang Lang.

I also met Daniel Hester, who is a friend of jake and a great guy with also a lot of knowledge and dedications to the art, Shifu Arne Grandt from the Wan Fu Cologne who is one of the few Mantis Teachers in germany who is not only very skillful but also very nice and openminded.

And also I met Shifu Mike Martello who is a really impressive Man and who is hopefully willing to meet me more than this time ....

Okay, some Fotos you can all find here: Jakes Seminar (http://www.bailung.de/pics/jakeontheweb.html)

BaldMonk
05-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Sounds like it was off the hook. The school looks beautiful. Wish I coulda been there. What did Jake cover? And Jake you can answer yourself if you read this.

Peace
BaldMonk

baji-fist
05-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I have to agree with my kung fu bro Bald Monk, the school looks great and the seminar looks like it was a success. Congrats to Jake for sharing his material in Europe-

Three Harmonies
05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Truly it was my pleasure! I had a wonderful time in Europe (Monk you need to get your ass over there ASAP and quit dragging your feet!). Beer is good :p Women were the most beautiful I have ever seen :eek: And the Mantis players that supported the seminar were very open and willing to empty their cup to pick up my basic understanding of fighting techniques.
I covered applications mainly from Meihua Tanglang. Basically worked about 10-12 techniques but with numerous variations of Shuai / Na /Ti / Da.
I was happy with the focus of the crowd as well as the intelligent questions that were asked by all. Believe me when I say I learned more from you all than you did from me!
I will write more when jetlag wears off!
All my thanks to Jochen, the participants, and of course my good friend Danny! Without all of you this would not have been possible.

Cheers
Jake :D