PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Garrett gee's wing Chun videos?

curious
08-20-2000, 10:38 PM
Same as topic.

curious
08-20-2000, 10:41 PM
Hello, guys! How are you all? I asked this question on the kung fu and southern forums, and nobody ever answered me, so i decide to try posting it here. So what's new? I really miss most of you. However, i am not sure if I can ever get comfortable with the idea of being a regular here anymore. But, only time will tell for sure.

Sihing73
08-21-2000, 12:52 AM
Hello curious,

To my knowledge there are no videos currently available showing Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun. If you would like additional information about this particular branch your best bet may be to contact the ving tsun museum. Benny Meng has done some research and hosted Sifu Gee for several seminars. The link is below;
http://home.vtmuseum.org/

Peace,

Dave

handsome
11-23-2000, 07:42 AM
Hi All,
Is Garrett Gee from Hung Suen WC family? and where can I find his school in Chicago ? Thanx!

Gordon

Sihing73
11-23-2000, 01:33 PM
Hello,

Garrett Gee teaches Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun. As far as I know this is different than Hung Suen but I don't know that much abouy either /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As far as I know HFY is taught by Sifu Gee in Calafornia and is also taught in Ohio at the VT Museum by Benny Meng and also in Arizona by one of Benny Students who also trains with Sifu Gee. Both Benny and the other guy were accepted as disciples and have formed training groups for HFY.

I do not know of any other schools however given the systems sectretive nature and the fact that it seems to be getting more popular I would not be surprised to learn of more poeple offerring it in order to jump on the bandwagon /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I don't have Sifu Gees address but you could contact Benny Meng at the VT Museum www.vtmuseum.org (http://www.vtmuseum.org)

Good luck,

Dave

Sauchi
11-25-2000, 07:04 PM
Hi Curious,

Sifu Garrett Gee doesn't have any videos out.
Most of his teaching is hands on stuff through seminars and private lessons. If you are interested finding out more just go to the the VT Museums Url like Dave commented on earlier.

He has two branch schools in Arizona and Ohio, as well as the main school in San Francisco.

Sauchi /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

handsome
11-30-2000, 03:55 AM
Hi Sauchi,
Are you from Garrett Gee's wing chun lineage? I have heard some great stories about him as a very knowledgeable teacher and a good fighter. His ex-student Mike told me that Garrett's level of understanding his art rivals to Kenneth Chung ,William Cheung and Moy Yat. He can break down any detailed of WC and explain the nuances to a great level. I see a lot of good information coming from Garrett and I can't wait to meet a great teacher like him. Hopefully, I'll find Garrett's videos for X'mas.

Gordon /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sauchi
12-04-2000, 08:45 AM
Yehp,

I'm a student of Sifu Gees. How is Mike these days. I hope that he is doing good.

As for the X-mas gift, the day that comes - I'll be the first in line, but for now it is all hands on training. You are right, Sifu Gee is very comprehensive. He can break every movement down and can explain each different components of the body structure and how they relate in combat.

If you get a chance, drop on by to say, "Hello".
Are you a SF/BAY area native?

If you are in the area and want to drop by, call the studio @ 650-755-1394 for directions.

Sauchi

handsome
12-17-2000, 09:59 PM
Do anyone know about Jet Li's Wing Chun lineage?
I saw Jet Li posted his TanSao in his kungfu video
last week. But Jet Li didn't fight like a wing chun man in the movie!!!Was Jet Li from China or Hong Kong?

handsome
12-17-2000, 10:12 PM
Hi Sauchi,
Thanks for your reply. I met Mike six months ago and I was very impressed with his skills in wing chun. He mentioned how lucky he was to learn under Garrett. I'm looking forword to meet you and Sifu Garrett Gee in the future if i have time out to Califoria.

Sauchi
12-18-2000, 07:05 PM
Hi Handsome,

Would love to have you out here.
If you make it out here you and see the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun for yourself tell us what you think. I really love it (well a bit bias).

Did you know that Benny Meng, along with Rene Richie, and Marty Goldberg is going to have a Friendship Seminar the second week of January? They are going to Break out and show their stuff.
I think Mike is going to be there too. Benny Meng is going to show some Hung Fa Yi if you want to see some. Unfortunately it is in Los Angles, and a bit far from Chicago.

What WC family do you come from? And how long have you been practicing?

Sauch

Arod1972
12-20-2000, 02:46 AM
too all who want the video.
there is none and nothing is planned...this is straight from sifu himself..
what up Sauch? see u in class soon...

I do not wish to fight.